Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I won't make a comparison between the two. If I had seen as much of Swayman I would.

That said I believe Keyser's upside is that of a starter in the NHL.

Alright, hope with a bit of luck one of those two can take over the reign from Tuukka in the same way like he did from Thomas.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
That would be great, not sure that ZM has any chance of being an NHL`er and Vladar I still think jury out on a bit, don`t know much about the other B`s goalie prospects, read from you a lot about Keyser and have great things to say about the kid and if Swayman could be another with some good upside, bodes well for the B`s between the pipes down the road

I'm with you on that. He didnt really impress in that 16-17 season in that short stint, altough he was really thrown to the wolves with Tuuks and Toni sidelined. Since then he didnt really improve. Doubt managment thinks he has any NHL upside and will part ways in the summer. He will be 27 when the next season starts. Maybe he will pull an "Hutschinson" and is an NHL back up for a few years elsewhere. Definitely not with the Bruins.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Sounds like the kid has worked hard to improve his play away from the puck. Not sure where it`s posted but someone here linked an article where Leach seemed pretty good about his work ethic and commitment to being better in all zones, not just the offensive zone

Kid`s not going to be the perfect player, but hoping he comes back focused

Especially shot blocking!

BruinsNetwork

Has he shown at even the AHL level he can score? If they realize they messed up with this pick and he really can't be a goal scorer and they are trying to turn him into a (needed) big gritty wing with speed I don't think leaving him in Providence will hurt him. That being said I will contradict myself and say I would give him a look over Heinen, and Accarri to see what he could do in a checking/energy roll.

He scored 12-goals last year as a rookie in the bottom-six without being on the PP. He has five already this season while still playing in the bottom-six on a Providence team that isn’t nearly as cohesive as last year. I’d say he’s proven he can score, they are just being patient and teaching him to work on his deficiencies.

He’s always deep on the forecheck and then right back into position to score by moving around in the zone to get open. His surrounding players don’t always get the puck to him. Senyshyn should have roughly three more goals on the season, but has some bad luck on breakaways. Hit post on one of them, got tripped by the goal on another and then couldn’t get a clean shot on his backhand thanks to a nice backcheck.

Senyshyn still has high potential, and I think he’s made significant improvements from last year until now. He’s both faster and stronger than last year, and he’s separating himself more and cutting to the inside on his breaks and partial-breaks. I truly think Senyshyn will be a player in the NHL, one that compliments someone like Krejci now or Studnicka down the road.

It’s not his fault that he isn’t being used in the top-six consistently, either. To be honest, I understand the logic behind this, but don’t nessecerily agree with the decision. I’d like to see Senyshyn take on a bigger role and receive more time in the top-six, along with time on the PP.

He’s a good player, I wish there wasn’t so much animosity towards him because he went 15th OA in the draft. Anyways, I think he wouldn’t look out of place in the NHL right now.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
He scored 12-goals last year as a rookie in the bottom-six without being on the PP. He has five already this season while still playing in the bottom-six on a Providence team that isn’t nearly as cohesive as last year. I’d say he’s proven he can score, they are just being patient and teaching him to work on his deficiencies.

He’s always deep on the forecheck and then right back into position to score by moving around in the zone to get open. His surrounding players don’t always get the puck to him. Senyshyn should have roughly three more goals on the season, but has some bad luck on breakaways. Hit post on one of them, got tripped by the goal on another and then couldn’t get a clean shot on his backhand thanks to a nice backcheck.

Senyshyn still has high potential, and I think he’s made significant improvements from last year until now. He’s both faster and stronger than last year, and he’s separating himself more and cutting to the inside on his breaks and partial-breaks. I truly think Senyshyn will be a player in the NHL, one that compliments someone like Krejci now or Studnicka down the road.

It’s not his fault that he isn’t being used in the top-six consistently, either.
To be honest, I understand the logic behind this, but don’t nessecerily agree with the decision. I’d like to see Senyshyn take on a bigger role and receive more time in the top-six, along with time on the PP.

He’s a good player, I wish there wasn’t so much animosity towards him because he went 15th OA in the draft. Anyways, I think he wouldn’t look out of place in the NHL right now.

The problem I have with this is it shouldn't matter what line your playing on, you should be playing both ends of the ice or being taught how to play both ends.

I agree. I don't agree with their decision but I also don't see the logic in it at all. You need to learn to play defensively responsible rather your on the 1st line or the 4th line. If he is all that then bruins coaching staff in providence should be letting him play top minutes with top players against the oppositions better players.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The problem I have with this is it shouldn't matter what line your playing on, you should be playing both ends of the ice or being taught how to play both ends.

I agree. I don't agree with their decision but I also don't see the logic in it at all. You need to learn to play defensively responsible rather your on the 1st line or the 4th line. If he is all that then bruins coaching staff in providence should be letting him play top minutes with top players against the oppositions better players.

I wonder if it is more the case that on the 3 or 4 lines, he is going to be playing more defensive hockey. Put him on a loaded line with say, Kovar and Donato, and they are going to spend more time in the o-zone? Thinking of it more like that is the way I can see the logic behind the move.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
With Kovar and Donato gone I would think ZS would move up to the first PP unit and maybe move up a line.....maybe

Reactions: FanSince72

BruinsNetwork

I wonder if it is more the case that on the 3 or 4 lines, he is going to be playing more defensive hockey. Put him on a loaded line with say, Kovar and Donato, and they are going to spend more time in the o-zone? Thinking of it more like that is the way I can see the logic behind the move.

Yes, this is the logic I was talking about. In the bottom-six, he’s gotta play more of that “blue collar” type of hockey, and to be honest he’s gotten quite good at that style of play. Seeing him in a “white collar” environment in the top-six would definitely increase his points and productions, if you asked me. Senyshyn’s got the talent, but it seems as though the Bruins want to maximize the developmental properties of the AHL when it comes to him. Like I said, I personally don’t agree with it at the moment since I think he’s improved where he needs to. However, at the end of the day, it’s a developmental league so I don’t worry too much about production.

With Kovar and Donato gone I would think ZS would move up to the first PP unit and maybe move up a line.....maybe

This would make sense and I agree that’s where he’s likely headed. Although I thought he’d be given a top-six role coming into the season full-time, which turned out to be wrong. Hopefully he’s on the PP and gets moved up a line or two.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Have him kill penalties, double shift him, his offense is why the bruins drafted him let him use it. Its not like their always in the offensive zone. I mean Bergeron plays on the first line and is a 4 time selke winner, you don't abandon defense because your on the top unit, but yes your probably right that is more than likely their logic behind it. Which too me makes no sense.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Especially shot blocking!
not on my list of things to improve on due to injury risk but sure shows sign of courage these days the way the players can all shoot the puck.

Just simply want to see him play with more focus away from the puck, if he improves in that area, recognizing he`ll not suddenly be a complete player just yet, I`ll be happy.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I have fingers crossed that Senyshyn turns the corner the same way other slow developing prospects like Mantha and Virtanen did.

It's a shame he's not yet ready as the Bruins could really use a fast RW for the 2nd line right now.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I have fingers crossed that Senyshyn turns the corner the same way other slow developing prospects like Mantha and Virtanen did.

It's a shame he's not yet ready as the Bruins could really use a fast RW for the 2nd line right now.

I kind of wish they would have given him a look over Donato. Even if it was just for 2-3 games, let the kid get a taste of the NHL level and use it has motivation.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I kind of wish they would have given him a look over Donato. Even if it was just for 2-3 games, let the kid get a taste of the NHL level and use it has motivation.
One more hard hit into the boards for DeBrusk and Senyshyn might get a call up. DeBrusk needs to save the 100% effort into the boards for the playoffs and maybe dial the regular season back down to 90% or he will join the injury list.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
not on my list of things to improve on due to injury risk but sure shows sign of courage these days the way the players can all shoot the puck.

Just simply want to see him play with more focus away from the puck, if he improves in that area, recognizing he`ll not suddenly be a complete player just yet, I`ll be happy.
The shot blocking comment was a joke, regarding the puck he took to the mouth the other day....knocked out 5 teeth.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
One more hard hit into the boards for DeBrusk and Senyshyn might get a call up. DeBrusk needs to save the 100% effort into the boards for the playoffs and maybe dial the regular season back down to 90% or he will join the injury list.

I thought Krejci was the only player in history to do this. :sarcasm:

The more I read about Senyshyn the more excited I am to see him in the NHL.

Reactions: 00BW

BruinsNetwork

Love everything about this shift from Senyshyn, especially since it directly lead to a goal.

It still baffles me that Senyshyn hasn’t been bumped up to the top-six and PP as a mainstay, especially when his team is down or struggling for offense.

He might not be 100 percent ready, but man do I think he’s getting closer and closer each game. Watch him skate the puck out of the zone, how many other players do you know have the ability to catch their line mates and gain the zone without passing in that situation? I can’t think of many.

Being that he’s a right-shot, big, strong and can skate like the wind, I have a hard time believing he wouldn’t fit well next to Krejci. Senyshyn moves around constantly in and around the net or circles, just waiting for a playmaker to get him the puck. That’s what David Krejci is best at doing, setting up his linemates for opportunities.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Love everything about this shift from Senyshyn, especially since it directly lead to a goal.

It still baffles me that Senyshyn hasn’t been bumped up to the top-six and PP as a mainstay, especially when his team is down or struggling for offense.

He might not be 100 percent ready, but man do I think he’s getting closer and closer each game. Watch him skate the puck out of the zone, how many other players do you know have the ability to catch their line mates and gain the zone without passing in that situation? I can’t think of many.

Being that he’s a right-shot, big, strong and can skate like the wind, I have a hard time believing he wouldn’t fit well next to Krejci. Senyshyn moves around constantly in and around the net or circles, just waiting for a playmaker to get him the puck. That’s what David Krejci is best at doing, setting up his linemates for opportunities.

I really want to see the kid up with a pure passer like Krech before they make a trade. Krech likes guys like this and he has size and wheels.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Keyser1543679910.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I thought it was pronounced Stud-neek-a, not Stud-nick-a. ? Where's the ruling from Jack Edwards? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad