Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Going to the Generals/Icedogs game today, daughter just said she has an extra ticket, will give a report and some pictures

Reactions: Gator Mike

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Niagara Ice Dogs / Oshawa Generals game 2 recap

Keyser should have had goal one. Shot from point. Ice dogs with 6 penalty kills first period. K was not tested most of first or alert on first goal.

Yikes another ugly by keyser. Stud needs to work on skating / especially first step. Not sure why but looks winded on every shift,

Unreal break away save by keyser 4 - 1 ice dogs. d weak for Generals. Keyser ehhh. Cremeore beer so so good.

Bruins should look at Roberts ice dogs. I believe draft eligible this year.

For this playoff game this bruin fan walked away disappointed. Stud impressed me prospects game. For this game he appeared slow was underwhelming. Keyser is harder to judge. He made some difficult saves yet letting in stoppable goals.

Ice Dogs should win this series easily.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Uhro coming over

Donny's got to stash these guys in the AHL

Senyshyn, Zboril, Lauzon, Fitzgerald, JFK etc all going to likely get North of 100 AHL games which is huge

Excited to see which ones come back wiser and ready like Heinen, Grzelcyk, and DeBrusk

I believe Marchand played over 100 AHL games

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Uhro coming over

Donny's got to stash these guys in the AHL

Senyshyn, Zboril, Lauzon, Fitzgerald, JFK etc all going to likely get North of 100 AHL games which is huge

Excited to see which ones come back wiser and ready like Heinen, Grzelcyk, and DeBrusk

I believe Marchand played over 100 AHL games

113 for Marshy in the regular season and 16 playoff game with Providence in 2008/09 and 2009/10.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hope he comes over. I'd like to see him compete for a roster spot next year.

DKH do you have solid info that he's coming over?
Just reading a tweet from our own member Bruins Network that it could happen - I thought I read it on HF but maybe it was his Twitter

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I cannot access the providence thread any longer. It doesn't show up on the front page. I can find the previous thread and the link brings me to a dead page. I would have posted there but the thread is closed to response.

Is anyone else have issues?

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I cannot access the providence thread any longer. It doesn't show up on the front page. I can find the previous thread and the link brings me to a dead page. I would have posted there but the thread is closed to response.

Is anyone else have issues?

I think there was a thread name change - it's showing up as 'General Discussion II', with a Providence tag on it. It's still in the sticky section at the top of the page.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
urho coming over now or are you talking for next year?

I was thinking that UV was just coming over for now and heading back to Finland for next season. However, I found a draft preview from last spring that said he only had one year left on his Liga deal.

Baker's Top 31: #23 Urho Vaakanainen

So, unless he signed an extension, it looks like the B’s could either bring him over to NA or stash him in Finland for a year or two.

BruinsNetwork

Just reading a tweet from our own member Bruins Network that it could happen - I thought I read it on HF but maybe it was his Twitter

Yes, it was a tweet of mine. SaiPa won yesterday while facing elimination, so they can't be eliminated until next game. The info is good and both parties want Vaakanainen in North America this season. As Glory mentioned earlier, Vaakanainen only has a one-year deal in the Liiga which expires this year.

As I said, nothing is set in stone but the expectation is that Urho will be in Providence following elimination from the Liiga Playoffs.

Reactions: pemulis

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I know we are stacked on the left side but Daniel Brickley is out there. He is down to 5 teams and is visiting Detroit, LA, and San Jose. Any chance we are one of the other 2 Andy’s nephew is considering?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Kinda surprised to hear that re: Vaakanainen. I thought they'd keep him in Liiga for a while longer after Grizz's emergence. Urho vs Zboril vs Lauzon vs Sherman has a Battle Royale vibe.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Yes, it was a tweet of mine. SaiPa won yesterday while facing elimination, so they can't be eliminated until next game. The info is good and both parties want Vaakanainen in North America this season. As Glory mentioned earlier, Vaakanainen only has a one-year deal in the Liiga which expires this year.

As I said, nothing is set in stone but the expectation is that Urho will be in Providence following elimination from the Liiga Playoffs.

Any word on what the plans are for the Fall?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Kinda surprised to hear that re: Vaakanainen. I thought they'd keep him in Liiga for a while longer after Grizz's emergence. Urho vs Zboril vs Lauzon vs Sherman has a Battle Royale vibe.
Battle Royale in Providence, maybe. I can't see any of them in Boston next year if Chara is re-upped. Maybe as a seventh D if McQuaid is moved. But that would not help their development.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Battle Royale in Providence, maybe. I can't see any of them in Boston next year if Chara is re-upped. Maybe as a seventh D if McQuaid is moved. But that would not help their development.

I'd say that if Boston decides to move on from McQuaid, via trade, and let Holden/Postma walk (I'd say likely), then they'd still find a veteran defenseman to fill the 7th role over having a kid sit and not play.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
You start to get the feeling that Nash, Nash, Wingels, Gionta, and perhaps Quader won't be here for much longer. And the drop off won't really be felt too much given.

Reactions: Thrive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad