Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Jeremy Swayman's freshman season at Maine is over as the Black Bears were eliminated by Providence in the Hockey East Quarterfinals by a score of 3-2.

Still, an extremely solid rookie campaign for the kid from Alaska.

Maine was picked last and look where they finished, Providence, the College, not the pro team, is like 17-0-1 IN THE LAST 18 MEETINGS Head to head

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Maine was picked last and look where they finished, Providence, the College, not the pro team, is like 17-0-1 IN THE LAST 18 MEETINGS Head to head

Ok...

Not sure what this has to do with Swayman, unless you are trying to say that he was the reason they didn’t finish last?

I don’t think anyone was surprised that Providence, THE COLLEGE, NOT THE PRO TEAM, eliminated the Black Bears, based on their respective records THIS YEAR, not the last 18 MEETINGS.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ok...

Not sure what this has to do with Swayman, unless you are trying to say that he was the reason they didn’t finish last?

I don’t think anyone was surprised that Providence, THE COLLEGE, NOT THE PRO TEAM, eliminated the Black Bears, based on their respective records THIS YEAR, not the last 18 MEETINGS.

Careful, GD. Don't piss him off too much. He may withhold Maine Red Claws updates from us!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So I see a lot of Bruins fans down on Senyshyn and such. Production, I assume, really gets this negative outlook going. On the surface of it, the production is alright. This is his first season in the AHL. While I was looking around, here's something I noticed. Senyshyn has 21 points on the year, mostly playing in a bottom 6 role. That's a 0.40 PPG pace. However, Senyshyn has 1 point on PP/PK. One point...... So 20 of his points have come the way of ES hockey. Here's what I'm getting at. Below are Senyshyn's ES points, compared to the other forwards on the team and their ES points:

Zachary Senyshyn: 53 GP -- 8 G -- 13 A -- 20 Points = 0.38 PPG

Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson:
55 GP -- 9 G -- 12 A -- 21 Points = 0.38 PPG

Colby Cave: 60 GP -- 8 G -- 15 A -- 23 Points = 0.38 PPG

Austin Czarnik: 50 GP -- 9 G -- 22 A -- 31 Points = 0.62 PPG

Jordan Szwarz: 43 GP -- 11 G -- 16 A -- 36 Points = 0.84 PPG

Kenny Agostino: 54 GP -- 12 G -- 18 A -- 30 Points = 0.56 PPG

Ryan Fitzgerald: 51 GP -- 12 G -- 7 A -- 19 Points = 0.37 PPG

Peter Cehlarik: 32 GP -- 8 G -- 9 A -- 17 Points = 0.53 PPG

Colton Hargrove: 42 GP -- 8 G -- 8 A -- 16 Points = 0.38 PPG

So Senyshyn is producing right there with the other players on the team for ES production. PPG wise, he is producing at the same clip as JFK (who sees top 6 time regularly), Fitzgerald, and Hargrove. The players who produce more than ZS are all experienced AHL veterans and all play top 6 roles for the P-Bruins.

Now, is Senyshyn getting PP/PK time and not producing, or is he just not getting PP/PK time? Maybe @BruinsNetwork or one of our other posters who frequent P-Bruins games could chime in on that?

I did find it interesting that Senyshyn is producing at the same pace as JFK. Seeing JFK gets top 6 time with good/productive AHL players routinely, it's pretty impressive that Senyshyn is doing the same with less productive players.

I'm not trying to make excuses or anything. Would I like to see more production out of Senyshyn? Yes. The games I've gone to, he has looked good. He didn't produce any points, but I liked what I saw. Just looking at this from a different perspective.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
So I see a lot of Bruins fans down on Senyshyn and such. Production, I assume, really gets this negative outlook going. On the surface of it, the production is alright. This is his first season in the AHL. While I was looking around, here's something I noticed. Senyshyn has 21 points on the year, mostly playing in a bottom 6 role. That's a 0.40 PPG pace. However, Senyshyn has 1 point on PP/PK. One point...... So 20 of his points have come the way of ES hockey. Here's what I'm getting at. Below are Senyshyn's ES points, compared to the other forwards on the team and their ES points:

Zachary Senyshyn: 53 GP -- 8 G -- 13 A -- 20 Points = 0.38 PPG

Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson:
55 GP -- 9 G -- 12 A -- 21 Points = 0.38 PPG

Colby Cave: 60 GP -- 8 G -- 15 A -- 23 Points = 0.38 PPG

Austin Czarnik: 50 GP -- 9 G -- 22 A -- 31 Points = 0.62 PPG

Jordan Szwarz: 43 GP -- 11 G -- 16 A -- 36 Points = 0.84 PPG

Kenny Agostino: 54 GP -- 12 G -- 18 A -- 30 Points = 0.56 PPG

Ryan Fitzgerald: 51 GP -- 12 G -- 7 A -- 19 Points = 0.37 PPG

Peter Cehlarik: 32 GP -- 8 G -- 9 A -- 17 Points = 0.53 PPG

Colton Hargrove: 42 GP -- 8 G -- 8 A -- 16 Points = 0.38 PPG

So Senyshyn is producing right there with the other players on the team for ES production. PPG wise, he is producing at the same clip as JFK (who sees top 6 time regularly), Fitzgerald, and Hargrove. The players who produce more than ZS are all experienced AHL veterans and all play top 6 roles for the P-Bruins.

Now, is Senyshyn getting PP/PK time and not producing, or is he just not getting PP/PK time? Maybe @BruinsNetwork or one of our other posters who frequent P-Bruins games could chime in on that?

I did find it interesting that Senyshyn is producing at the same pace as JFK. Seeing JFK gets top 6 time with good/productive AHL players routinely, it's pretty impressive that Senyshyn is doing the same with less productive players.

I'm not trying to make excuses or anything. Would I like to see more production out of Senyshyn? Yes. The games I've gone to, he has looked good. He didn't produce any points, but I liked what I saw. Just looking at this from a different perspective.

Maybe that’s more of an indictment on jfk

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Should we trade him in a package too? Looks like we have two 4th liners, at best, on our hands now.

Jfk was projected as a bottom 6 type center anyways at the draft. There’s value in that, particularly if he can win draws and kill penalties. If he could turn into a victor rask type there’s value In that as a 3rd line center

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Ok...

I'm not sure why you feel the need to comment, on collegiate programs you never attended, GD......:rolleyes:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'm not sure why you feel the need to comment, on collegiate programs you never attended, GD......:rolleyes:
Was anything he said incorrect?
If I said that Brad Marchand is the Bruins' most productive scorer right now, would I be wrong just because I live in Western Canada and can't watch them live?
Why should I "feel the need to comment" when I've never even played one NHL game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad