Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Any news? We're counting on you to break the story!!!!

I already gave my 'educated' opinion

but it takes two to 'tango' and not sure the Bruins and JP Barry are exactly good dance partners

I think the kid wants to get on the ice and he ends up getting a 2 year bridge because some times 'loggerheads' apply and this may be one

but we shall see how plays out

this fascinates me to see what happens and allows much ice time and opportunity to play with the best players for many of the top prospects while Pastrnak situation is not resolved

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
For fun did an analysis of all 31 teams prospects

Not even a question 1-15 Boston is #1

Only team I might switch is Flyers

Getting second overall was a windfall

Montreal is in deep **** - my assessment they are in bottom third and nearer bottom than 21

Flyers, Tampa, Bruins best defensive pools

Dallas is interesting but counting on two Russian forwards but they have upaside

Leafs are way overrated and it will be proven out- they are ok to good but placed ahead of Boston is absurd; Liljegren hits great but they ate treating him like he's Cale Maker not a guy with questions. I will say I love the pick for Toronto absolutely could be home run and fits Leafs but let's remember he went 17 in a below average draft

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
seems a lot of the other team boards have prospect voting over the summer. would be interesting to see how the majority over here feels about the b's prospects. maybe someone wants to start a polling project?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
seems a lot of the other team boards have prospect voting over the summer. would be interesting to see how the majority over here feels about the b's prospects. maybe someone wants to start a polling project?

I miss former poster Dojji (spelling?) he/she was the King/Queen of polls:laugh:

In all seriousness, I`d have to omit myself from participating in a thread like that simply for the reason that I`ve seen too few of our prospects to be able to contribute but I`d follow it that`s for sure

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Hey it's just me goofing around and hockey is my third best sport for knowledge but I've followed this for years as a hobby.

Been very interested in this since the days of Ron Plumb and Don Tanahill.

The organizational pools are heavily weighted 2014 on up these days and that is logical why Boston in my eyes sits alone in the quality/quantity combo

Had Sweeney drafted Connor & Barzal the Bruins would be considered the next Ming dynasty

The Connor/Barzal vs DeBrusk/Senyshyn comparison will always be interesting to me

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Hey it's just me goofing around and hockey is my third best sport for knowledge but I've followed this for years as a hobby.

The organizational pools are heavily weighted 2014 on up these days and that is logical why Boston in my eyes sits alone in the quality/quantity combo

Had Sweeney drafted Connor & Barzal the Bruins would be considered the next Ming dynasty

The Connor/Barzal vs DeBrusk/Senyshyn comparison will always be interesting to me

I can't wait until all four are playing the NHL so that we can see if Boston made the right choices.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can't wait until all four are playing the NHL so that we can see if Boston made the right choices.

The real loser was Chiarelli trading the 17th pick with both Barzal & Connor available along with the 33rd pick with Carlo available for Griffin Reinhardt who is an epic bust

Glorydaze had traded for him in the SIM before actually watching him live when he was still with the Islanders AHL Bridgeport Tigers. He watches him twice in Springfield calls me and says GR is not going to make it and gives me a full scouting report in 2014-15 that was bang on to this day

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Connor/Barzal vs DeBrusk/Senyshyn is something I'm very much looking forward to seeing play out. I was really unhappy on draft day. Hoping this is one that proves me very wrong

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Latest development in the CHL - Players minimum wage legal dispute is provided by Rick Westhead of TSN who has closely followed the case since it was launched. Lawyers for the players appear to have presented evidence in court of QMJHL player contract language that referred to them as employees. Again, a complicated legal case that could have large implications for how the 3 league that make up the CHL are structured in the future should the players prevail in winning the case.

http://www.tsn.ca/player-contract-key-to-chl-minimum-wage-case-lawyer-says-1.844338

loozer

Nov 2, 2007
Bay Area
Does anybody know why this thread was unstickied? It was a nice place to see general discussion on B's prospects.

Reactions: 00BW

Florida Bruin

Jun 11, 2011
I already gave my 'educated' opinion

but it takes two to 'tango' and not sure the Bruins and JP Barry are exactly good dance partners

I think the kid wants to get on the ice and he ends up getting a 2 year bridge because some times 'loggerheads' apply and this may be one

but we shall see how plays out

this fascinates me to see what happens and allows much ice time and opportunity to play with the best players for many of the top prospects while Pastrnak situation is not resolved

The HOCKEY Writers had us ranked 12th....is that not right?

I was sure going into it we would be in the top 5 but then I found out we were behind the likes of DET??

Florida Bruin

Jun 11, 2011
For fun did an analysis of all 31 teams prospects

Not even a question 1-15 Boston is #1

Only team I might switch is Flyers

Getting second overall was a windfall

Montreal is in deep **** - my assessment they are in bottom third and nearer bottom than 21

Flyers, Tampa, Bruins best defensive pools

Dallas is interesting but counting on two Russian forwards but they have upaside

Leafs are way overrated and it will be proven out- they are ok to good but placed ahead of Boston is absurd; Liljegren hits great but they ate treating him like he's Cale Maker not a guy with questions. I will say I love the pick for Toronto absolutely could be home run and fits Leafs but let's remember he went 17 in a below average draft

I meant to quote this. Sorry see my post above.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I meant to quote this. Sorry see my post above.
The hockey writer who did it I'm sure is talented and will be very successful. I checked him out a bit and he's a Leafs fan who writes for a Leafs blog etc

This was my assessment based on my knowledge.

People will agree or disagree comes with the scenary but I'm going by quite a few veins leading in.

The 5 twenty one and unders - Bjork, DeBrust, Carlo, McAvoy, and Pastrnak are pretty much all exceeding my time frame and even expectations to bs truthful do not like I predicted rainbows and puppy dogs here

One robin don't make a spring but I sit second row directly in back of goal judge so you can see decision- making of players up close with the usual skills- and these 5 look very good

Bjork wasn't even on Boston's top 10 in the hockey news let alone Pronmans top 100.

DeBrusk didn't make the top 100 but kids like Connor occupy high numbers

Connor I rag on but I so like him but nor 100 % sure he's better than DeBrusk

Carlo didn't get super love but his skills and character look like he could be one of the handful of elite defensive defenseman in the game

Toss in his makeup and right shot and he's a very enticing player

In a redraft he could be in top 10 but in a prospects rating he wouldn't be close to some flash and dash guys

This group is one wave- they got 2 more in back of it

Reactions: 00BW

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

Frederic and Donato are going to have big years.

Did everyone else wearing red fall in a hole behind the play? Where is everyone?

And the defenseman on the far side of the screen almost scored himself. Not to take away from what is a wicked shot, but that was not a good play at all by the red sweaters.

Reactions: deflowd

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The HOCKEY Writers had us ranked 12th....is that not right?

I was sure going into it we would be in the top 5 but then I found out we were behind the likes of DET??

The last few days I have heard/seen several national hockey people praising the B’s and saying Philly and Boston are the two organizations with the best Prospect depth right now.

I would Minny right up there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad