The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
FWIW B's in Pronman's Top 100

McAvoy at #4
Vaakkanainen in the 70's
DeBrusk in the 90's

I quite like Corey's work, find him fairly insightful

Wonder if Bjork turns out better than any of top 100

I find solace Marchand, Krejci, Lucic, and even Bergeron never made the iist but were on 2 Cup finals

Bergeron was 45th pick 2003 in arguably the strongest draft other than 1979.

Corey's good but I'm going the Bruins will ohm this list when the dust settles

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Worth noting that Pronman mentions Emil as one of his favourite under the radar prospects

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Wonder if Bjork turns out better than any of top 100

I find solace Marchand, Krejci, Lucic, and even Bergeron never made the iist but were on 2 Cup finals

Bergeron was 45th pick 2003 in arguably the strongest draft other than 1979.

Corey's good but I'm going the Bruins will ohm this list when the dust settles

Always a chance, right? Have to think he's going to get a chance to make an immediate impact. Certainly hope he does join the ranks of those you mentioned

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
You cares about any list. It's all opinion. Weather it's TV, radio, or internet, these guys aren't any better than you or me. There is no way they have seen them all play. So they base their opinions on other people's assessments. It just fuels negativity due to homerism.

Last edited:

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Emil Johansson has some sneaky upside. You look at all the U-21 defencemen in SHL last season, only Sebastian Aho (the other one) had more points than him. He has now three pro seasons under his belt. I think he's a pretty good dark horse candidate to claim 3rd LD position with the Bruins, although that spot is quite heavily contested right now.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I just looked at Johansson`s stats only to see where he played last year, I see he played 6 games for the PB`s, would I be correct assuming he came over after his year was done in SweHL??

I know nothing about this kid`s game, going purely on stats, appears like he has a bit of offensive side to his game?

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
According to the Finnish board, Vaakanainen will need roughly another month before he recovers from the shoulder injury he suffered during the WJSS. I'm not sure when the season starts in Finland but it seems like he'll miss the preseason at the very least. Not an ideal start to his year.

Would he receive a camp invite if healthy?

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Would he receive a camp invite if healthy?

I doubt it. The Bruins usually let their European prospects stay with their home team for training camp unless they are considering playing in North America. It looks like the Finnish regular season starts on September 8th so I doubt SaiPa (his Finnish team) would want him missing games just to attend Boston's training camp -- but his injury likely makes this all a moot point anyway.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I doubt it. The Bruins usually let their European prospects stay with their home team for training camp unless they are considering playing in North America. It looks like the Finnish regular season starts on September 8th so I doubt SaiPa (his Finnish team) would want him missing games just to attend Boston's training camp -- but his injury likely makes this all a moot point anyway.

Thanks. That's what I figured, but wasn't sure if they would want to see him with his high draft status and potentially a LHD spot open. I assumed that Zboril, Lauzon, Johansson would get the first shots anyways, which leaves little room for Urho anyways.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
FWIW B's in Pronman's Top 100

McAvoy at #4
Vaakkanainen At 75
DeBrusk At 88

I quite like Corey's work, find him fairly insightful

After those 3, in the system he's got them ranked
Senyshyn
JFK
Frederic
Bjork
Zboril
Lauzon
Lindgren

Not a fan. I'm not sure he even goes to games to scout any of these guys, thought he was just a video guy who compiled other people's eye witness accounts

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
wonderful opportunity for Kirk, well earned/deserved. His contributions will be missed and although he mentioned in the audio portion of the blog he`ll still be producing material there, he said it will be a different type of content but regardless, I will continue following only because I truly appreciate and respect his hockey knowledge

Congrats Kirk

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Here’s a status report on the next wave of Bruins prospects

Charlie McAvoy did not spend much time in the prospect classification. Less than 10 months after the Bruins called his name at the 2016 Draft, the defenseman made his NHL debut in Game 1 of last spring’s playoffs against Ottawa.

The Bruins hope others are coming, although they can only dream about a development as rapid as McAvoy’s. Here are their top prospects with limited or no NHL experience:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...s-prospects/h640NYg1cWOcuB7Mz6bXrO/story.html

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Great news for Kirk. Shows hard work does pay off.

Not so great news for folks like myself who was a fan of his blog and his analysis. His insight will be missed.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Thanks. That's what I figured, but wasn't sure if they would want to see him with his high draft status and potentially a LHD spot open. I assumed that Zboril, Lauzon, Johansson would get the first shots anyways, which leaves little room for Urho anyways.

Shouldn't O'Gara be considered after his performance last season with Providence?

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Good luck to Kirk. Will miss his insights on the Bs prospects, but great that he got that opportunity.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kirk will do a great job- he prepares well and is exceptionally knowledgeable. I've learned a lot from reading, listening, and talking to Kirk.

Love to see him someday full time employee for the Black & Gold hockey ops department

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Here’s a status report on the next wave of Bruins prospects

Charlie McAvoy did not spend much time in the prospect classification. Less than 10 months after the Bruins called his name at the 2016 Draft, the defenseman made his NHL debut in Game 1 of last spring’s playoffs against Ottawa.

The Bruins hope others are coming, although they can only dream about a development as rapid as McAvoy’s. Here are their top prospects with limited or no NHL experience:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...s-prospects/h640NYg1cWOcuB7Mz6bXrO/story.html

I been so busy following the Red Sox I forgot how deep this team is

Any news on Pastrnak? He sign yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad