Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Would absolutely LOVE CAL FOOTE even though he's not a prospect of ours, he's available late in round 1. The kid plays amazingly well and has decent upside as a point producer also.

And he's trained by the Dman stud producing machine Kelowna Rockets of the WHL
He's also got the bloodlines.

Why oh why didn't we draft Tkachuk too...bloodlines, bloodlines!!:yo:

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Would absolutely LOVE CAL FOOTE even though he's not a prospect of ours, he's available late in round 1. The kid plays amazingly well and has decent upside as a point producer also.

And he's trained by the Dman stud producing machine Kelowna Rockets of the WHL
He's also got the bloodlines.

Why oh why didn't we draft Tkachuk too...bloodlines, bloodlines!!:yo:

not like we had a chance at Tkachuk unless we moved up which likely would have cost at least the McAvoy and Frederic picks..

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Kirk reporting that JFK will turn pro following the conclusion of BU's season.

https://scoutingpost.com/2017/03/15...panen-top-finland-jr-player-fitzy-update-too/

FWIW, I think those who are projecting him as a "plug-and-play" piece of the lineup in Boston are pushing things a bit. He's a very good prospect, but you should never, ever be surprised when a kid coming out of school needs a year to adapt to the pro game.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

https://scoutingpost.com/2017/03/15...panen-top-finland-jr-player-fitzy-update-too/

FWIW, I think those who are projecting him as a "plug-and-play" piece of the lineup in Boston are pushing things a bit. He's a very good prospect, but you should never, ever be surprised when a kid coming out of school needs a year to adapt to the pro game.

I know we need to temper our expectations for some of these college guys turning pro (JFK and McAvoy more specifically) but is there any outside chance he plays a few NHL games this year? Or is it likely straight to the AHL once his NCAA season is done?

Not necessarily directed just at you, but anyone who may have an answer

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Players linked to be playing a Bergeron-like game usually could come in and play well any role asked. Give them 3rd/4th line ES icetime and give them the occasionnal 2nd PP/PK time.

I'm excited about this prospect. He admited modeling his game around Bergy and got St-Patrice comparaisons on his hockey IQ.

Very exciting. Imagine having a Bergeron apprentice and then we have two? :handclap:

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Cool news! Any link or more info as to where he's going? He's an intriguing prospect for sure with the size and, apparent, scoring prowess

No idea. He had interviews (in Finnish) last summer where he talked about that. I haven't read anything that indicates that his plans have changed since.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I wonder how this will effect Ryan Spooner, who's due for a new contract this summer. I'd like to see them resign him to a short term deal, to give them more time to see what they have in JFK.

Next year's lineup could very well be:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

Vatrano -- Krejci -- Backes

Beleskey -- Spooner -- Bjork

Cehlarik -- JFK -- Nash

loozer

Nov 2, 2007
Bay Area
I wonder how this will effect Ryan Spooner, who's due for a new contract this summer. I'd like to see them resign him to a short term deal, to give them more time to see what they have in JFK.

Cehlarik -- JFK -- Nash

I'd prefer to keep moore at cheap for another year, and let JFK develop an offensive game in the minors. JFK is a good player, but he's not exactly blowing the doors off of college hockey offensively. Why not let him develop his game first and see what kind of offensive ceiling he can hit, instead of throwing him the fire right away.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Cehlarik -- JFK -- Nash

I don't believe Cassidy is putting all his eggs in 1 basket

Each line has a game breaker and much harder to defend

Plus you can't have 2 guys out high

Backes works great because he can provide support in D zone with Bergeron letting Marchand have a lot of fuel in the tank and not 200 feet away

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
This morning on TSN1200 radio in Ottawa, Pierre Maguire was, once again, gushing about Boston's prospects. In particular, he is extremely high on JFK and McAvoy.. to the point where he was suggesting that them joining the Bruins for the playoff run could significantly impact the Eastern Conference playoff landscape. It seems like a long shot, but I guess there's certainly some precedence (Krug in 2013)..

Could either or both JFK / McAvoy join the Bruins after their NCAA season is over and make an impact? I see there's already been discussion on this... would be interested to hear thoughts on having rookies join the team for a playoff run, like Krug did.

Who comes out of the lineup for those guys?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This morning on TSN1200 radio in Ottawa, Pierre Maguire was, once again, gushing about Boston's prospects. In particular, he is extremely high on JFK and McAvoy.. to the point where he was suggesting that them joining the Bruins for the playoff run could significantly impact the Eastern Conference playoff landscape. It seems like a long shot, but I guess there's certainly some precedence (Krug in 2013)..

Could either or both JFK / McAvoy join the Bruins after their NCAA season is over and make an impact? I see there's already been discussion on this... would be interested to hear thoughts on having rookies join the team for a playoff run, like Krug did.

Completely different scenario with Krug.

He signed with the B's, and played two NHL game with them in 2011-12, burning a year off his ELC. In 2012-13, when he had a huge impact in the playoffs, he had played a full year in PRO and some playoff games there as well.

JFK and/or C-Mac would be coming out of college the way Krug did the year before. I'm not saying it hasn't happened before or that they couldn't help, but it's a totally different animal than the Krug situation.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I think they would only suit up in the playoffs in the event there's an injury. I could see the Bruins using them in the final couple of regular season games as long as a playoff spot was already in the books and keeping them on as Black Aces to get some pro lifestyle experience.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Completely different scenario with Krug.

He signed with the B's, and played two NHL game with them in 2011-12, burning a year off his ELC. In 2012-13, when he had a huge impact in the playoffs, he had played a full year in PRO and some playoff games there as well.

JFK and/or C-Mac would be coming out of college the way Krug did the year before. I'm not saying it hasn't happened before or that they couldn't help, but it's a totally different animal than the Krug situation.

Right about Krug. Forgot that he played in Providence and exceled before joining Boston...

Sounds like, though possible, probably more on the "unlikely" side?

It's interesting to hear PM talk about them though. He is absolutely convinced that they are going to be studs and anytime the future comes up, he mentions something along the lines of... "I've been telling you for 2 years now, WATCH OUT for the Bruins, they are going to be very good".

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Not sure where to post this, but do we have any empty spots to actually sign prospects? Example: NCAA, Bruins Draft Picks?

I can't remember how many players we currently have signed? Limit is 50 right?

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Right about Krug. Forgot that he played in Providence and exceled before joining Boston...

Sounds like, though possible, probably more on the "unlikely" side?

It's interesting to hear PM talk about them though. He is absolutely convinced that they are going to be studs and anytime the future comes up, he mentions something along the lines of... "I've been telling you for 2 years now, WATCH OUT for the Bruins, they are going to be very good".

Pierre can be kind of goofy sometimes, however he has been he has been talking about the Bruins prospects over the last couple years in glowing terms.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I know he's not a Bruins prospect but hopefully he will be as draft eligible Jonah gadjovich finishes 1st in most improved, 3rd in hardest worker, and 3rd in most dangerous near goal area. In a weak draft I still don't get why he's a 2nd/3rd round prospect. I guess he's a bad skater but it's a weak draft. I'd take a productive hard working ohl player late in the 1st in a weak draft and hope that his hard work leads to better skating

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
I have a hunch that Mcquire is either buddies or on really good terms with Sweeney. He always speaks highly of him whenever he mentions the B's on TSN radio in Montreal and Ottawa. He also gets a lot of prospect information from the teams themselves and then passes it off as his own. He has said that he believes the B's are already slotting McAvoy and JFK into the lineup after this weekend. Whether his assesments of prospects are accurate or not I do believe he is in the know when it comes to the Bruins.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I have a hunch that Mcquire is either buddies or on really good terms with Sweeney. He always speaks highly of him whenever he mentions the B's on TSN radio in Montreal and Ottawa. He also gets a lot of prospect information from the teams themselves and then passes it off as his own. He has said that he believes the B's are already slotting McAvoy and JFK into the lineup after this weekend. Whether his assesments of prospects are accurate or not I do believe he is in the know when it comes to the Bruins.

Is this like your "hunch" about Don Sweeney (the moron) firing Clode? Haven't seen you posting much, but 8-4 under the new coach will do that I guess?

The B's prospect pool is typically in the Top 10 for rankings, and a lot of those don't include Bjork or take into account the monster freshman year Frederic is having. When Pierre loves a kid, he raves about him, regardless of what team drafted him. He has loved McAvoy for awhile now and I don't believe it has anything to so with the Bruins. He would be saying the same thing if the Rangers drafted him.

Maybe he's buddies with Gorton too?

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Is this like your "hunch" about Don Sweeney (the moron) firing Clode? Haven't seen you posting much, but 8-4 under the new coach will do that I guess?

The B's prospect pool is typically in the Top 10 for rankings, and a lot of those don't include Bjork or take into account the monster freshman year Frederic is having. When Pierre loves a kid, he raves about him, regardless of what team drafted him. He has loved McAvoy for awhile now and I don't believe it has anything to so with the Bruins. He would be saying the same thing if the Rangers drafted him.

Maybe he's buddies with Gorton too?

I don't have a problem with McGuire, I also don't disagree that our prospect pool looks good at the moment.

As for the coach. Its still far too early to judge the move a success. If we get into the playoffs and win a round then improve next year and return to the cup or conference final then it will be. Way to early to say it was a good move. 12 games vs 10 seasons is not a fair sample size. Julien has been pretty good for the Habs too and it may come back to haunt us in the post-season if we end up facing him. I listen to Pierre regularly and he only really started talking about McAvoy around the draft. He knows some prospects pre-draft but when asked about 2 months prior to the draft about his thoughts he said that he hadn't done his research yet on 690. Nothing wrong with that he is a busy guy but your making an argument out of nothing. I just think that he does have some good inside connections with the B's brass that he didn't have before when Chiarelli was there.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't have a problem with McGuire, I also don't disagree that our prospect pool looks good at the moment.

As for the coach. Its still far too early to judge the move a success. If we get into the playoffs and win a round then improve next year and return to the cup or conference final then it will be. Way to early to say it was a good move. 12 games vs 10 seasons is not a fair sample size. Julien has been pretty good for the Habs too and it may come back to haunt us in the post-season if we end up facing him. I listen to Pierre regularly and he only really started talking about McAvoy around the draft. He knows some prospects pre-draft but when asked about 2 months prior to the draft about his thoughts he said that he hadn't done his research yet on 690. Nothing wrong with that he is a busy guy but your making an argument out of nothing. I just think that he does have some good inside connections with the B's brass that he didn't have before when Chiarelli was there.

1) He should have been fired at the end of last season. It was absolutely the right move.

2) I never said that Pierre has liked him since birth, but once he latches onto a prospect, forget it, he loves him for life, whatever team drafts him.

3) Inside connections, or maybe it was just that under Chiarelli, the B's had almost no really good prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad