Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He was a step behind in the game, as he played with a stomache virus, and they think recovering from a touch of strep. He couldn't join the team on the bus ride down due to fever, paralyzing stomache cramps since the weekend, non stop diaria and vomitting. He'd lost 8 pounds from Saturday to Tuesday and hadn't been able to hold down any food. They flew him down the night before the game and you could tell he was a step behind.

Here's a newer version, featuring his 8 and 19 year old seasons.

https://vimeo.com/207550605

Yeah I was going to say, one of Gabrielle's biggest strengths is his skating - his speed and acceleration is very good in this league and leads to many turnovers, chances etc.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Anyone else find it intriguing that we are talking so much about Gabrielle and he is not even listed in the top 10 of our own prospects in the recent Hockey news future watch? No Ryan Donato in that top 10 as well. Doesn't necessarily mean much as I find it mind boggling that they consider Ryan Lindgren in the top 100 prospects but not Jakub Zboril. Seriously?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Gilliss's hand must have felt like **** after that. Went to town on Gabrielle's helmet.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Anyone else find it intriguing that we are talking so much about Gabrielle and he is not even listed in the top 10 of our own prospects in the recent Hockey news future watch? No Ryan Donato in that top 10 as well. Doesn't necessarily mean much as I find it mind boggling that they consider Ryan Lindgren in the top 100 prospects but not Jakub Zboril. Seriously?

I put no stock in Hockey news. New England Hockey Journal had Gabrielle ranked #5 in our prospect pool. That sounds right to me. Might even be higher

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Gilliss's hand must have felt like **** after that. Went to town on Gabrielle's helmet.

While I enjoy a good scrap as much as the next guy, with the helmets, visors, and potential suspensions it seems kind of silly to fight these days. With the high risk of injury to a hand, is it really worth it?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
While I enjoy a good scrap as much as the next guy, with the helmets, visors, and potential suspensions it seems kind of silly to fight these days. With the high risk of injury to a hand, is it really worth it?

I participated in my first ever hockey fight after 24 years of avoiding it (guy two-handed me in the arm, I retaliated with a slash and we went at it) and I can tell you that after the first two shots to the guys helmet I truly regretted dropping the gloves. You end up doing more damage to yourself than the other guy does to you or that you do to the other guy in the end.

How these guys do it constantly is beyond me, it hurts like a ***** :laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I participated in my first ever hockey fight after 24 years of avoiding it (guy two-handed me in the arm, I retaliated with a slash and we went at it) and I can tell you that after the first two shots to the guys helmet I truly regretted dropping the gloves. You end up doing more damage to yourself than the other guy does to you or that you do to the other guy in the end.

How these guys do it constantly is beyond me, it hurts like a ***** :laugh:

The one time I got in a fight (adult league), we both had cages on, so I just punched him in the head with my gloves on. Problem solved :laugh:

I dunno, man. Seeing a dude go down from a liver shot is pretty nasty. Granted I don't think that's possible in hockey.

I think I saw Lucic drop someone with a body shot 5-6 years ago, but don't remember who the player was?

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
The one time I got in a fight (adult league), we both had cages on, so I just punched him in the head with my gloves on. Problem solved :laugh:

I think I saw Lucic drop someone with a body shot 5-6 years ago, but don't remember who the player was?

I'm pretty sure that Colton Orr gave Big John Scott his first defeat with a well placed kidney shot.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Lucic pounded the crap out of Komisarek with some hard body shots mixed in with uppercuts. He also knocked down Josh Manson last season with a hard body shot. It's been one of his go-to punches as his career has gone on.

Watch Komisarek's leg spasm involuntarily complete with face grimace after one of Lucic's body shots. Loved it.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Lucic pounded the crap out of Komisarek with some hard body shots mixed in with uppercuts. He also knocked down Josh Manson last season with a hard body shot. It's been one of his go-to punches as his career has gone on.

Watch Komisarek's leg spasm involuntarily complete with face grimace after one of Lucic's body shots. Loved it.

Perks of having been an amateur boxer I guess.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Corey Pronman)))‏Verified account
@coreypronman

Following
More
Trend Frederic-BOS, Luke Kunin-MIN 2nd team all-stars in Big 10. Frederic named top freshman. Pitlick-NSH/Lindgren-BOS on all rookie team.

Good stuff, though Lindgren is done for the year with a leg injury.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

That was a hell of a fight. Just let 'em fly.

A good portion of players in the WHL take off their chinstrap before the fight if mutually agreed upon. That way both helmets usually fall off during the fight easier and they don't hurt their hands. This is just a loophole through the rule of not being allowed to take your helmet off prior to a fight as the leagues want to prevent the possibility of a player hitting their head on the ice, on the way down.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I don't follow other Bruins prospects, but Gabrielle should more than likely be in the top 10 Bruin prospects, at bare minimum.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg got an A+ and first rank I'm going to compare Boston vs The Jets

I think it's going to be a route for the Bruins

I drafted two of the Jets top 6 in the SIM rookie draft so I scouted them pretty good and they sure as hell wouldn't make the Bruins top 6 or even 10

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Koppanen stats in Jr A

2016-2017 Ilves U20 Jr. A SM-liiga 38 23 31 54 18

Can anyone tell me what this league is like vs other jr leagues? I assume less talent than the CHL
Either way he's dominating

These past two drafts are golden

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Koppanen is probably coming over to America to play college hockey in 17/18.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I've watched Gabriel play many times. All he has to do is continue to build on what he has already, get stronger and meaner and that old Ken Linseman jersey awaits him..

Needs to work on shot accuracy also and going hard to the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad