Prospect Info: Bruins Prospect Thread Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Swap McAvoy/Senyshyn and Lindgren/Zboril and I can pretty much agree with your list

Same ...and I would likely put Carlo up to #7. Never been big on Subban and I'm hoping that one day he will make me look bad for it. So far, I'm coming out ahead.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Swap McAvoy/Senyshyn and Lindgren/Zboril and I can pretty much agree with your list

Is this because of Zboril's play this past season, or would you have said that even if they had been drafted the same year?

Not debating by any means as I've barely seen either play, just surprised to see a #13 overall pick drop behind a just-drafted mid-2nd rounder a year removed from his own draft, even if both drafts were fairly weak in their respective ranges.

Last edited:

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Anyway we cut it we have to give congrats to Gretzky and staff for stocking up on the picks. Some are reaches and none are McDavid. Overall with the sheer numbers versus odds of having a skilled team in the not too distant future looks excellent. I am excited about the potential. They will have to add a top guy here and there thru trades but that fine tunning.

Sweeney has this in place as plan B and the rebuild is on hold. He is bowing to the pressure of Neely, Sinden, Jacobs who are clearly in a win now mode and a much needed playoff spot. As long as they keep these pieces in the system and get a good coach down in Providence. Perhaps groom the next one, maybe a college guy.

No longer does it appear they are retooling but 2 distintive cores are in place. Nothing wrong with that and anything can happen in the playoffs. It seems like a compromise has happened and finally a direction. Probably why we signed older guys, kept Claude and continue shipping out the mid age guys that are borderline.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
how close you think ZS and mcavoy are? obviously you've seen ZS a crapload, so i always enjoy your reviews on his play.

During our podcast Kirk had them 1a and 1b (and how he has it in NEHJ) while Reed and I had it McAvoy/Senyshyn. All of my McAvoy viewing has been video only including a nice isolation video. But it's close.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
here's my top 20. vatrano/c.miller not included - using a 25 NHL games rule for graduation from "prospect"...

1 - senyshyn
2 - mcavoy
3 - heinen
4 - lauzon
5 - JFK
6 - zboril
7 - lindgren
8 - subban
9 - carlo
10 - gabrielle
11 - debrusk
12 - czarnik
13 - o'gara
14 - donato
15 - bjork
16 - frederic
17 - grzelcyk
18 - mcintyre
19 - vladar
20 - clarke

HM: arnesson, griffith, fitzgerald, blidh, hughes

My list would just have some tweaks from yours, McAvoy would be #3 after Heinen, Carlo would be in the top 10, Subban is still overrated and what has Lindgren done to be lower then the rest? But I also must note that you haven't followed the crowd in pronouncing Zboril a bust, 6th is a good spot for him for now.
You underrate Arnesson (admittedly he's made of glass so far) and what's with Red Lines and others obsession with Cameron Hughes?
Its a solid list but after next weeks prospect camp maybe reevaluate?
19 of the 25 you listed should be there plus Cehlarik,Sherman,Johansson,Becker,Koppanen,Steen,Kuraly and Benning

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
During our podcast Kirk had them 1a and 1b (and how he has it in NEHJ) while Reed and I had it McAvoy/Senyshyn. All of my McAvoy viewing has been video only including a nice isolation video. But it's close.

so lemme get this straight, Zach "The Reach" Senyshyn might after all develop into a steal? Weird, based on comments here at the time of the draft, to waste a pick that high on him was foolish:sarcasm::popcorn:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk only at 11 and not even cracking top 10?

Big indictment for a guy picked #14 overall in a deep draft last year.

i do think debrusk is a pretty safe bet to play a top 9 role. but they missed big time on kyle connor there. good news is a bunch of the guys above him were really nice value picks and have progressed into real good prospects.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
My list would just have some tweaks from yours, McAvoy would be #3 after Heinen, Carlo would be in the top 10, Subban is still overrated and what has Lindgren done to be lower then the rest? But I also must note that you haven't followed the crowd in pronouncing Zboril a bust, 6th is a good spot for him for now.
You underrate Arnesson (admittedly he's made of glass so far) and what's with Red Lines and others obsession with Cameron Hughes?
Its a solid list but after next weeks prospect camp maybe reevaluate?
19 of the 25 you listed should be there plus Cehlarik,Sherman,Johansson,Becker,Koppanen,Steen,Kuraly and Benning

hey bud - hope all is well, always enjoy hearing your feedback from camp.

just to cover some of your notes: will be interesting to see how heinen does at the pro level for an extended period. i think he's a top sixer for sure. carlo is top 10 (he's at 9). before subban's injury, he was playing the best hockey of his career. still have high hopes for his future, but he'll have to come with his best in september. i like lindgren a lot - the one thing i wonder about is his offensive upside. got him at 7 for now, and let's see how his first few months of college hockey go.

i think arnesson is a guy who may play a third pairing role down the road, but he's been pretty meh so far. hughes is a kid i heard a lot of good things about - some scouts think he's heading for a big year. we'll see. obviously i'm not that big on him if he's sitting around 25.

definitely re-eval after camp. and good call on cehlarik - overlooked him and would probably have him around 18-19.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

After the top 2 or 3 (McAvoy, Senhyshyn, probably Heinen or even Lauzon) the rest down to about 15 are pretty interchangeable depending on who you ask and personal preference. Debrusk could easily be 4 or 5, and this is coming from someone who isn't a big Debrusk fan.

McAvoy is the only A level guy they have IMO, Senhyshyn, Heinen, and Lauzon are B+, than comes a big pile of B and B-

Lots of depth there.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I don't know. Honestly I look at that list from Neelynuggs, and you pretty much could rank 4-11 in almost any order and you won't be wrong. (of course with the exception that I don't think Lindren has any business being in that group and he and Frederic should be 11 and 12)

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I don't know. Honestly I look at that list from Neelynuggs, and you pretty much could rank 4-11 in almost any order and you won't be wrong. (of course with the exception that I don't think Lindren has any business being in that group and he and Frederic should be 11 and 12)

i like lindgren a lot. think he has untapped potential offensively and he checks all the other boxes as well. you're right about the groupings though - most of these guys are going to play in the NHL. as we know, the b's issue is a total lack of high upside prospects.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
so lemme get this straight, Zach "The Reach" Senyshyn might after all develop into a steal? Weird, based on comments here at the time of the draft, to waste a pick that high on him was foolish:sarcasm::popcorn:

He might. Right now, being at the top of our group of good but not great prospect doesn't make him a steal. But in a world where a recent mid/late 2nd round pick in a below average draft is rank ahead of 3 of our 5 1st round pick the last two draft ... We might have to call Senyshyn and McAvoy steal after all :laugh: :popcorn:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
[/B]

i like lindgren a lot. think he has untapped potential offensively and he checks all the other boxes as well. you're right about the groupings though - most of these guys are going to play in the NHL. as we know, the b's issue is a total lack of high upside prospects.

That's usually what happens to your prospect list when the high upside prospects graduate and play in the NHL from 18y (Pasta)...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
[/B]

you just never know, there are many prospects who, on paper and judged by the experts pre-draft that might have us saying there aren`t many high upside prospects but we could list loads of prospects nobody gave a second thought to most likely when drafted (Mark Stone, Jamie Benn as two quick examples), chosen 178th and 129th respectively who probably didn`t have the fans nor management thinking they`d be turning into what they have (understanding Benn is far more the finished product than Stone).

Gems can be found everywhere, just can`t judge a kid solely on talent alone, have to have it for sure but guts, will, heart, effort, teach-ability all come in to play, some luck, great coaching/development. I don`t know where any of these kids will top out at, but I do feel that even 5-6 years ago, fans here had next to nothing to discuss when it came to the depth of prospects, at the very least, this group of kids is very intriguing with a real nice possibility for this to be special in a few years

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
you just never know, there are many prospects who, on paper and judged by the experts pre-draft that might have us saying there aren`t many high upside prospects but we could list loads of prospects nobody gave a second thought to most likely when drafted (Mark Stone, Jamie Benn as two quick examples), chosen 178th and 129th respectively who probably didn`t have the fans nor management thinking they`d be turning into what they have (understanding Benn is far more the finished product than Stone).

Gems can be found everywhere, just can`t judge a kid solely on talent alone, have to have it for sure but guts, will, heart, effort, teach-ability all come in to play, some luck, great coaching/development. I don`t know where any of these kids will top out at, but I do feel that even 5-6 years ago, fans here had next to nothing to discuss when it came to the depth of prospects, at the very least, this group of kids is very intriguing with a real nice possibility for this to be special in a few years

Coaching and development stand out to me. We have some great vets to help shape this thing a bit which is huge IMO. Our prospects get to learn from some of the best players in the world. Cup rings and medals galore!

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary

I'm getting a feeling that Collin Miller may be on the table as part of the return for a different young defenceman.

Is Krug tradable? For the proper return I assume. We have to expose an asset to get one I think. I would rather trade Krug+for Trouba than Marchand for Trouba. In fact I would trade Krug and C miller for Trouba way before Marchand. I probably don't trade Spooner+for Trouba, because Winnipeg says no. And most other spooner swaps I can think of, are not in the Bruins favor.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Is Krug tradable? For the proper return I assume. We have to expose an asset to get one I think. I would rather trade Krug+for Trouba than Marchand for Trouba. In fact I would trade Krug and C miller for Trouba way before Marchand. I probably don't trade Spooner+for Trouba, because Winnipeg says no. And most other spooner swaps I can think of, are not in the Bruins favor.

I don't believe for a second that Torey Krug is on the table.

And I doubt Spooner is either.

This is based on very little mind you... But I'm not including either of these guys in my trade thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad