Prospect Info: Bruins Prospect Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Didn't see it mentioned but Ryan Donato had a hat trick last night. Jimmy Vesey was out injured and Ryan was promoted to the first line and seemed to step up his game. The first goal seemed to be a lucky deflection off his body from a point shot as he was crossing the goal crease. The second was a nice solo effort power move to the front of the net from the half wall on the PP. The third was an empty net goal but was a product of his speed outracing the defender and maintaining control.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Didn't see it mentioned but Ryan Donato had a hat trick last night.
That's awesome. And Bjork goal - filthy!

I don't get to see any NCAA but from the sounds of it, Heinen, Bjork, Donato, Fitgerald, JFK, O'Gara, Griz ... we are loaded in that pipeline as well.

It should be exciting when both the Junior and NCAA pipelines meet over the next 3 years.

daleand

Aug 2, 2005
Trail,BC
I will be watching Tri - Cities play in Spokane on Sat., it should be good to see Brandon Carlo live. A report will follow later.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Another great podcast by Kirk. An hour long mail-bag jamm-packed with trade talk, Providence talk, prospect talk and draft talk. Was a super enjoyable hour. Great work Kirk!
http://scoutingpost.com/2016/02/14/scouting-post-podcast-pre-nhl-trade-deadline/

great article and here's a little oddity that adds the the Donato athlete lore even if 6 degrees of separation

My folks sat next to a great family for years at the old Garden and the first year of the new place. The man's father was a Doctor but had played for the Boston Red Sox and is in the BC HOF and a plaque is on the wall at Conte Forum.

He was an awesome guy and even at 85 he was moving like a kid; He told me about how he hung around with Jimmie Foxx and his not so great meeting with Bill Dickey his first at bat (HOF Yanks catcher), Gehrig, Mickey Cochraine and others. I was in heaven sitting next to him. I still think to this day when I get to be in my 80's this is the guy.

I believe he was the doctor that delivered both Dan and Ted Donato:laugh:...I guess I should check but I'm like 99% sure he did.

He told me back then you didn't make money in baseball and he wanted to be a Doctor,

I thought he would live forever.....when I saw the Donato story about all the athletes I realized even the Doctor was one (I hope I'm right I think so)

http://www.thedeadballera.com/Obits/Obits_S/Spognardi.Andy.Obit.html

Last edited:

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
What is the ceiling on Bjork? Kid seems to be tearing it up at ND this year and had a strong showing at the World Juniors. Is he someone we should expect to see in boston sooner rather than later?

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
What is the ceiling on Bjork? Kid seems to be tearing it up at ND this year and had a strong showing at the World Juniors. Is he someone we should expect to see in boston sooner rather than later?

I see him being a 15-20 goal/40 poin guy potentially, 3rd line winger that can play up/down from there as injuries necessitate. He's a good two way player, good speed and pretty dogged on the puck so I think CJ or any coach would like him. I think when he fits in will be dictated by how the roster develops but I imagine he may do one more year at ND and be in the mix for '17-18 or up/down between Providence.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I see him being a 15-20 goal/40 poin guy potentially, 3rd line winger that can play up/down from there as injuries necessitate. He's a good two way player, good speed and pretty dogged on the puck so I think CJ or any coach would like him. I think when he fits in will be dictated by how the roster develops but I imagine he may do one more year at ND and be in the mix for '17-18 or up/down between Providence.

Thank you! It's really great to have so many Bruins prospects in the NCAA. and to see so many of them doing well is a awesome. How would you rank our college prospects at this point?

O'Gara
JFK
Heinen
Fitzgerald
Grizz
Donato
Bjork
Benning
Sherman
Kuraly

Did I miss any?

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
like the kid making it clear what his goal is, playing for the big club next year. Not sure he`ll be quite ready but wouldn`t shock me if the kid works hard over the summer, if he didn`t, at the least, get a nice long look at camp and possibly onward for the 10 games to begin the season

It seems to me that he is really feeding off of the criticism leveled against the Bruins picking him at 15. I'm careful not to say leveled against him personally although I'm sure that's exactly how he's taken it. It seems that he, DeBrusk, and Zboril could potentially use this criticism as fuel.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It seems to me that he is really feeding off of the criticism leveled against the Bruins picking him at 15. I'm careful not to say leveled against him personally although I'm sure that's exactly how he's taken it. It seems that he, DeBrusk, and Zboril could potentially use this criticism as fuel.

Agreed, I think alot of these kids (not just Bruins prospects) probably read or have read post draft comments in the media in the cities they were drafted and otherwise which could sometimes be critical. Being kids and not yet fully mature, they could take those comments to heart and maybe it pushes them.

I think what often bothers me most about these prospects while on this particular board are comments and opinions of fans who have never seen a prospect play. This past draft they saw Barzal and Connor on the board and the B`s passed them over, and it immediately set of a rash of comments making it sound like the 3 picks the B`s made in the first round were garbage.

I don`t comment on prospects or players for that matter I don`t get to watch and while I`ll ask for opinions for players, like myself, most here aren`t exactly being offered scouting jobs so I have to temper my excitement or concerns

Zboril has taken a hammering here from many, and I`ll be willing to bet, 95% of fans on this board have watched him play, possibly, in the WJHC`s only. His play early in the season was less than inspiring as he was in a bit of a sulky mood after being sent down and having to accept a new role, over the last 2 months, the kid has played exceptionally well but if I post that here, many will still have that early season attitude in their minds and use that as their sole barometer to assess the prospect

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
I think what often bothers me most about these prospects while on this particular board are comments and opinions of fans who have never seen a prospect play. This past draft they saw Barzal and Connor on the board and the B`s passed them over, and it immediately set of a rash of comments making it sound like the 3 picks the B`s made in the first round were garbage.

Barzal and Connor were the "safe" picks. Senyshyn's shot is filthy. There's nobody else from the 2nd half of the 1st round I'd rather have right now.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
In reading about those three picks I've flipped and DeBrusk is now the one I am least excited about. Is he just another two-way, hard worker? Does he have any elite strengths? I am liking the Senyshyn pick.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
Thank you! It's really great to have so many Bruins prospects in the NCAA. and to see so many of them doing well is a awesome. How would you rank our college prospects at this point?

O'Gara
JFK
Heinen
Fitzgerald
Grizz
Donato
Bjork
Benning
Sherman
Kuraly

Did I miss any?

Cameron Hughes and Max Everson.

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
Agreed, I think alot of these kids (not just Bruins prospects) probably read or have read post draft comments in the media in the cities they were drafted and otherwise which could sometimes be critical. Being kids and not yet fully mature, they could take those comments to heart and maybe it pushes them.

I don`t comment on prospects or players for that matter I don`t get to watch and while I`ll ask for opinions for players, like myself, most here aren`t exactly being offered scouting jobs so I have to temper my excitement or concerns

Zboril has taken a hammering here from many, and I`ll be willing to bet, 95% of fans on this board have watched him play, possibly, in the WJHC`s only. His play early in the season was less than inspiring as he was in a bit of a sulky mood after being sent down and having to accept a new role, over the last 2 months, the kid has played exceptionally well but if I post that here, many will still have that early season attitude in their minds and use that as their sole barometer to assess the prospect

Sharing most of these sentiments. I have to stay off of the main prospects board mostly because it's a bunch of stat watchers who treat mock drafts from guys who aren't paid NHL scouts as scripture.

Subscribing to the Dom method of 'I haven't seen him, shouldn't comment on him' is always safe and builds credibility, IMO. I know you watch Zboril play, Dom is the eagle eye for the OHL, and I know Coach Parker sees a lot of Western Canada.

In reading about those three picks I've flipped and DeBrusk is now the one I am least excited about. Is he just another two-way, hard worker? Does he have any elite strengths? I am liking the Senyshyn pick.

In Kirk's latest podcast, he had some good things to say about DeBrusk. I also had a little reservation about him, but apparently he's been working a lot on his two-way game this year while still being able to produce at a PPG pace. This might be just a radical theory that stat watchers on the main prospects board can't comprehend, but it's possible these kids listened to Bruins coaches from development camp and are looking to improve in areas their future employer want them to improve at. Kirk is excited about him, I trust Kirk's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad