Prospect Info: Bruins Prospect Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Don't know where to put this as its getting confusing, but I had put the video in the other thread first and thought about putting it the Senyshyn thread and it ends up here anyway - so there was three to choose from.

Tough to know where to post something so I'll start here.

I actually feel sorry for Senyshyn right now. Saginaw had just scored a goal to pull to within 3-1 and before they could finish announcing the goal over the PA, Senyshyn picks up his team and does that. There's a reason he is wearing an A.

But then Saginaw scores again and the Soo seemed to lose interest (except Senyshyn) who always keeps going to the final buzzer. I had hoped that the Nucks would have sent McCann back down because he'd then get to play with a legit center. Oh well.

Strange, odd, whatever it is but the only plus players on the Soo are rookies. #sheltered

if Soo doesn't make POs, would they move him to another team ? or hold onto him thinking he'd have one more year with them?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
if Soo doesn't make POs, would they move him to another team ? or hold onto him thinking he'd have one more year with them?

First, I don't think they'll miss out - hoping they do so he can get some games in with Providence. But I wouldn't put money on them missing.

Second, they won't trade him. As much as I love him, I don't think he cracks the NHL lineup next year so they'll get him back and then maybe move him next season. They have some good young players and I'd expect him to be named captain maybe later this year or next year for sure.

BigBadBruins63*

Obviously, a long way out and i don't watch him at all, so i'm going off Youtube, stats, and what people here say about him, but for Senyshyn, any chance he could be a Pacioretty-esque player?

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Obviously, a long way out and i don't watch him at all, so i'm going off Youtube, stats, and what people here say about him, but for Senyshyn, any chance he could be a Pacioretty-esque player?

For what it's worth, Senyshyn has said that he models his game on Chris Kreider.

ZZtopper

Nov 3, 2015
It's going to be an exiting World Juniors this year. How of our prospects do you think are going to represent their country?

A lot of people have criticize Sweeney for the moves he made during the off season, but I think he's found a pretty good middle ground, where we have a competitive team and a promising prospect pool.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
It's going to be an exiting World Juniors this year. How of our prospects do you think are going to represent their country?

A lot of people have criticize Sweeney for the moves he made during the off season, but I think he's found a pretty good middle ground, where we have a competitive team and a promising prospect pool.

I'd guess
Sweden-FORSBACKA-karlsson, Emil johansson

Czech- Jakob zboril

Canada
0..maybe lauzon If there are injuries

Usa
Carlo (if healthy)
Maybe Donato

That's it id say, pretty light crop. Potentially just 2 guys if johansson really has fallen off a cliff.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Matty Grzelcyk makes his return tonight. Score a goal in the first period ans has added an assist in the 3rd, as BU is leading Northeastern 5-4 late. JFK had an assist as well

Wiley Sherman got an assist tonight against Yale in a 2-2 tie

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Danton Heinen with a goal and a helper in #9 Denver's 5-3 win over Colorado College.

Anders Bjork (the kid nobody seems to talk about) with a goal and assist last night in #18's Notre Dame's 4-3 win over Minnesota.

Cameron Hughes with an assist in Wisconsin's 3-1 upset of 1st ranked North Dakota.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Not sure if this was posted, but last Sunday Lauzon had 2 assists, was a + 2 with 3 shots and 4 hits (he's not playing until tomorrow).

Tonight Zboril with an assist, 3 shots and 3 hits in a loss.

Senyshyn with an assist (and +2 with 2 shots) in the Soo's win over Mississauga.

Gabrielle a quiet night, but +1 in a 2-1 win.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Earlier this afternoon, Soo Greyhounds Head Coach Drew Bannister announced the team’s Alternate Captains for the 2015-16 season.

Effective immediately BLAKE SPEERS, COLTON WHITE, ZACH SENYSHYN and TIM GETTINGER will wear the “A’s†both at home and on the road for the Hounds.
The team will continue without a captain and but rather utilize the four alternates, who are equally in their third or second years with the club.

Speers, a native of Sault Ste. Marie, is in his third season with the Hounds and is coming off a 67-point season in 2014-15 and was later selected in the 3rd Round of the 2015 NHL Priority Selection by the New Jersey Devils.
Through 15 games this season (2015-16) Speers has 3 goals and 7 assists.

White, the former 2nd Round pick of the Hounds, is also in his third season.
Following a 22-point season one year ago the London, ON product was taken one in the 4th Round of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft by the Devils.

Senyshyn, in his 2nd season with the Hounds, was the highest selected Hound at the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. (1st Round, 15th overall by the Boston Bruins).
The Ottawa, ON product currently leads the Hounds offence with 12 points (9g, 3a) in 15 games played. One season ago he led all Greyhoun rookies with 45 points.

Gettinger, sits 2nd in team scoring thus far with 3 goals and 8 assists in 15 games during 2015-16.
The North Olmsted, OH product is amidst his 2nd season with the club and in late September took part in the USA Hockey/CCM All-American Prospects Game.

http://www.soogreyhounds.com/article/hounds-name-four-alternate-captains

They'll play the season without a captain. Fully expect Senyshyn will lead the team next season with the C. He's leading the team now in many ways

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
love the posts and love the tip pre draft to keep an eye on him;)....little did I know he would be a Bruins

Then here's more for you pal

He's not just a bull on the wing who uses explosive burst and acceleration to blow by defenders on the outside, then uses his 6-foot-2 frame to drive the net and score, but he's a quality kid who wears the 'A' this season (the Greyhounds do not have a captain) and is a prime candidate that Tiano believes will captain the team next year. That's assuming he doesn't make the Bruins, but in all honesty- when he was drafted by Boston, the talk all along was that Senyshyn was going to need several years of development before he could realistically compete for a spot in the NHL. We have to remember that unlike many of his peers, Senyshyn is only in his second OHL season after spending 2013-14 with the Tier 2 Smith's Falls Bears before making the jump to the Soo.

In short- Senyshyn is exhibit A for why the NHL draft is an inexact science. You would be hard pressed to find many people out there who thought he could be chosen in the top half of the first round, yet the Bruins went for it. Their reward for showing faith in the young colt was to be blasted by pundits and fans alike, even though he represents a far better fit for what Boston values and is trying to do versus a skilled but undersized center who has battled injuries and would be harder pressed to crack this Bruins lineup given the strength up the middle.

https://scoutingpost.wordpress.com/...ome-love-after-highlight-reel-goal-this-week/

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Anybody know what the deal with Kuraly is? I know it's still relatively early but his production is WAY down (1 point in 9 games). Just wondering if anybody has heard anything.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Anybody know what the deal with Kuraly is? I know it's still relatively early but his production is WAY down (1 point in 9 games). Just wondering if anybody has heard anything.

I want to say hf just had an article about him. He is leading his team in shots on the first line and making things happen but isn't scoring. Offense isn't what his specialty is apparently more of a depth guy in the nhl with a strong defensive game.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Donato with 2 goals and Sherman with an a assist in a 5-2 Harvard win

Grzelcyk gets a goal in a 4-1 win against Northeastern.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Matty Grzelcyk makes his return tonight. Score a goal in the first period ans has added an assist in the 3rd, as BU is leading Northeastern 5-4 late. JFK had an assist as well

Wiley Sherman got an assist tonight against Yale in a 2-2 tie

A tie? Didn`t know they still played to ties in the NCAA, I like it

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Zboril with 5 hits, two shots and two roughing minors in what looked like a chippy game from the box score.

Lauzon with a +1, and 3 hits in a win Saturday. Today, he had 5 shots and a hit, but no points in another win.

Senyshyn with 2 shots and a -1 in a loss last night.

Tough night for Gabrielle, -4 in a 5-2 loss.

Carlo and DeBrusk out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad