Seravalli: Bruins may need to move on from Frederic due to cap reasons.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Old Frank was un daily faceoff and said that due to Bruins tight cap situation and his arbitration case the Bruins probably can't qualify Trent Fredric, making him a UFA.

Assuming he hits the market where do you see him going

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don’t think Bruins fans will cry over it. He lacked pace to get in the lineup in the postseason and his regular season goal totals were very much Taylor Hall driven. Put it this way, my latest cap friendly before this news came out I had him not signed.

Normally you would be right.

But there if they lose Fredric then there is the chance they lose Bergeron, Krejci and Fredric in 1 off season and that would gut them.

It's why I expect them to target Dubois and Schifele, they almost have to.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Normally you would be right.

But there if they lose Fredric then there is the chance they lose Bergeron, Krejci and Fredric in 1 off season and that would gut them.

It's why I expect them to target Dubois and Schifele, they almost have to.

Frederic has flashes of a possession winger similar in style to a Coyle but more often than not is an invisible passenger. Arguably he is the reason for Hall's fewer than anticipated point total. The Hall-Coyle duo needed a winger who contributed more offensively.

He largely spent his time coasting with little physicality and soft attempts to agitate ineffectively. Frederic has a place in the bottom six but he requires additional development to find an identity.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ummmmm waste of an asset so he would get traded first

I'll believe it when I see it. Why wouldn't the Bruins just trade him beforehand if they didn't think they could afford him? I guarantee several teams would be interested in acquiring him so it seems kinda silly that the Bruins would choose to lose him for nothing.

Why would any team trade anything of note if the Bruins won't be able to qualify him?

They can just sign him as a UFA.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'll believe it when I see it. Why wouldn't the Bruins just trade him beforehand if they didn't think they could afford him? I guarantee several teams would be interested in acquiring him so it seems kinda silly that the Bruins would choose to lose him for nothing.

They could do that too, eiter way they wouldn't be qualifying him.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
I kinda get it from a money perspective... but if they want to build out a competitive roster going forward, this is a bad sign. Frederic was absolutely one of the best Bruins forwards at even-strength and only the B's crazy depth and occasional inconsistency caused him to spend time upstairs.

Whoever gets him (if indeed the B's don't retain him) will be adding a physical, surprisingly skillful forward who is an easy top-9er at the LW and probably at the center. He's a capable defensive forward as well. He got hardly any man-advantage time in Boston but I think he would be a good netfront guy (or below-the-line) on a second unit. I would not be shocked if he turns into a 25-20-45 defensively-responsible middle-sixer with whoever grabs him for '23-'24.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad