Rumor: Bruins interested in Pinto

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I am. The majority of "the good" is just drafting, which the GM should not get much credit for.

His actual management and transactions leave much to be desired.

Sure. I'll worry about them in the playoffs.
Ok...

None of my points were draft-related and directly related to management and transactions so I am not really sure what you are trying to say.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Some of PD's highlights over the past few years:

- Signing TS to a steal of a contract
- Locking up the core for the next 5-8 years
- Signed Giroux
- Traded for DeBrincat
- this didn't work out but I like the fact that he took a big swing to try to improve the team
- Traded for Chychrun

Sure, he's made mistakes but if you are truly looking at a situation objectively then you have to consider the good with the bad.
you cant really say youre considering the good with the bad when you only list the good. also when you include the mishandling of the debrincat situation in with the good. thats not being objective.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
you cant really say youre considering the good with the bad when you only list the good. also when you include the mishandling of the debrincat situation in with the good. thats not being objective.

I am not a Dorion fan nor am I trying to defend him. Bossram was looking for the "good moves" and I listed a few...context matters :)

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
I am not a Dorion fan nor am I trying to defend him. Bossram was looking for the "good moves" and I listed a few...context matters :)
when he was asking for results i think he meant on ice results for the sens, like making the playoffs, winning a round etc.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Makes sense for Ottawa to gift a true legit Center to a division rival they have based their rebuild off of

Pinto will never be traded to Boston, these rumours are stupid. He’s playing for Ottawa next season 100%

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
when he was asking for results i think he meant on ice results for the sens, like making the playoffs, winning a round etc.
He went to the conference finals, I guess? That's far less 'his' achievement than locking up the entire young core - I'd argue he was far more lucky in that instance than in all the other things brought up - but there you have it

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
He went to the conference finals, I guess? That's far less 'his' achievement than locking up the entire young core - I'd argue he was far more lucky in that instance than in all the other things brought up - but there you have it
bryan murray built that team but dorion didn't screw it up that season so dorion should get credit for the ecf appearance.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
bryan murray built that team but dorion didn't screw it up that season so dorion should get credit for the ecf appearance.
Sure, it's a small feather in his cap, but his tenure in Ottawa will be judged almost entirely on how this current core performs for the next 6-10 yrs

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
What are the good moves? Do they notably outweigh the bad ones?

The brass tacks is this team has considered themselves a playoff contender since 2021 and it hasn't happened. They still haven't made the playoffs and they're capped out. The results speak for themselves.

Yes, one side is reasonable. It isn't the pro-Dorion crowd.
I'm not sure who you are referring to. Dorion said last year the goal was to play meaningful games late in the season (April). Fans tended to think we might squeak in, or we might not.

The cap situation this year seems to be the only accurate thing in your post.

I think you'd be surprised what some of the people you are engaging with here think. The pro-Dorion crowd is likely not as big as you think it is.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
These are so bad that you should just stop watching hockey
They don’t watch. That’s the problem.

Just imagine what Pinto’s perceived value would be (on this site) if he was drafted 2nd overall in NY or Los Angeles in 2019. It would be through the roof!!

If this year, Byfield goes out and duplicates exactly what Pinto did last year, watch how much these same exact people, who devalue Pinto, would value Byfield at.

The valuation of Pinto on here, is another perfect example of how many people just don’t watch hockey anymore, but are hockey fans. Aside from watching their own team though, they value everyone else from stats, analytics, draft position, and trade value on a video game……

After the Jets, Ottawa players get this treatment the most on this site…. For obvious reasons. They’re the least watched teams. You think they would’ve learned their lesson with Dubois this summer, but obviously not. If you go back and read those Dubois threads, it’s comical. Not only because how wrong they were, but also how willing they were to argue about it for hours.

Pinto is worth a lot. Big, skilled, natural Cs, who are hard to defend, don’t grow on trees. Only 6’4”+ pair carrying dmen, who are great skaters, are harder to find.

The fact he’s already shown what he can do, in the NHL, at only 22 years old, playing the role he was, teams will line up if he’s made available, and the return will be significant.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Makes sense for Ottawa to gift a true legit Center to a division rival they have based their rebuild off of

Pinto will never be traded to Boston, these rumours are stupid. He’s playing for Ottawa next season 100%

Ottawa has based their rebuild off Boston? The team that has prevented goals better than anyone over the past decade, thats who Ottawa has been trying to emulate? If you say so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad