Rumor: Bruins interested in a reunion with Lucic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
If it's less than a mil I can live with it, but I really don't want him back.

He's not good enough anymore to be an everyday player, and I respect him too much for 2011 to have him sit in the rafters for 90-95% of the games -- which is where he should be.

FU Shoresy

Jan 25, 2023
I'm guessing this is more of a move to help put seats in the stands. Not sure yet what the B's are gonna be next year. But I'm expecting a lean year.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If they exceed my expectations. I'll be pleasantly surprised. Will be watching no matter what though. Love Looch, but see this as a nostalgic move to pump the fan base. Maybe he can teach Frederic how to be a real tough guy.
Lucic will surprise and put some decent numbers I actually have him over 10 goals next year .

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
Remember 2019.
2019?? As in the year the B's literally went to the brink of success but lost the absolute final game of the season, either way, to the league champion? The year Lucic score a grand total of 20 points, all season, while his team DNQ for the playoffs?

Please don't take me wrong; Lucic is an all time class act. A literal living legend. I still vividly remember sitting parked my 1996 Chevy Caviler in the parking lot of a Price Chopper I worked in as I heard Milan receive the game misconduct against Spacek game six. The year the cup came back home.

I am not, and do not in any way claim to be an all time suffering fan; I am only 35 years old, but Milan was an absolute beast for us from the moment he was drafted. He has not had it easy, but he deserves nothing but the best in life. As much as I would love him to come back home to Boston, he has nothing left to prove as far as legacy; he ultimately will not end up contributing to the team's future as a player on the ice. He would be more than welcomed in any other than role, but in no way will he be more valuable than a kid on the fourth line.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
https://enewspaper.bostonherald.com/get_image.aspx?w=280&eid=7cceb920-51e2-4758-8a83-46d881fa0110&pnum=40&lm=63823636250467

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
In all fairness, it’s not said they want him back as a player… maybe there’s an opening in janitorial services

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Someone on the Bruins board mentioned this is right out of the Harry Sinden playbook...

don't look at the fire blazing over here... look at Milan Lucic!
Could not say it better myself..........Like many B's fans love the guy but.........

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Only way this works is he signs for 1 mill or less and takes a undonis haslem role

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Thats good if you are going for the "we want to sound competitive next year, just not be competitive"

and they are letting Orlov walk, all the wrong moves

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Thats good if you are going for the "we want to sound competitive next year, just not be competitive"

and they are letting Orlov walk, all the wrong moves

Orlov wants to get PAID and PAID long term. They wanted to bring back Hathaway and Bertuzzi, but looks like they think there is more money out in UFA. Lucic getting 900k to play of the fourth line or someone else getting 900k to play on the fourth line has no bearing on that.

Reactions: CapsFrontOffice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad