Rumor: Bruins interested in a reunion with Lucic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thats good if you are going for the "we want to sound competitive next year, just not be competitive"

and they are letting Orlov walk, all the wrong moves
They have no money to pay Orlov what he wants. He was also a train wreck defensively in the playoffs. One of the worst defensive series I’ve seen from a defenseman with that much talent

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They have no money to pay Orlov what he wants. He was also a train wreck defensively in the playoffs. One of the worst defensive series I’ve seen from a defenseman with that much talent

It’s easy to Monday morning QB, but the choice to put Orlov and McAvoy together in the playoffs after not putting them together after the TDL continues to baffle me. They were just never in sync.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Bruins fans are thinking with nostalgia rather than current reality... LMFAO @ Lucic now

If the Bruins lose Bergeron and sign Lucic they'll go from runaway president's cup to maybe missing the playoffs lol

League minimum, 12th/13th forward situation would be ok for Lucic, no?
No question about it. When Boston plays Florida next year I think you will see a lot less shit from Ekblad, Bennett and Tkachuk.

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
I think you are really upset about one play where the puck carrier got the jump on him and scored. You don't get the nick name Bobby Orlov by fans as a rental unless you earned it.

Have fun with Luci though. It is hard to believe that they gave up on Chara but will bring Luci back. Even now, there is a big difference there. Maybe it will revitalize Luci returning to Boston, I can't say I see it though judging by his most recent years of play.

Bro is hosed in my book.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Orlov wants to get PAID and PAID long term. They wanted to bring back Hathaway and Bertuzzi, but looks like they think there is more money out in UFA. Lucic getting 900k to play of the fourth line or someone else getting 900k to play on the fourth line has no bearing on that.
I gave up on the Caps when they made that trade. I can see letting Orlov go due to cap space but Hathaway was the last player next to Ovie whom I wanted to see the Capitals trade. Dude brings it every game and his play style mirrors Marchands.

Hathaway would be a staple in any competitive I'd build.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think you are really upset about one play where the puck carrier got the jump on him and scored. You don't get the nick name Bobby Orlov by fans as a rental unless you earned it.

Have fun with Luci though. It is hard to believe that they gave up on Chara but will bring Luci back. Even now, there is a big difference there. Maybe it will revitalize Luci returning to Boston, I can't say I see it though judging by his most recent years of play.

Bro is hosed in my book.
He was tremendous in the regular season. Sucked in the playoffs defensively, ran around like a chicken without its head. They put him and Mac together and for some reason it was oil and water when it should have been the best pairing in the sport. Is what it is. Wasn’t just one play, although the one you are referencing was certainly a bad one.

Great player, deserves a big long contract. 0.0% chance of getting it in Boston.

Lucic is a 12th/13th forward, we know he’s washed relative to what he once was. They needed to add toughness. He still has plenty of that. He will cost peanuts.

Reactions: CapsFrontOffice

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He'll put some butts in seats in what should be a down year, depending on how the next few days go.
Just catching up on all of the threads (hip replacement...down and out for a bit).

There is still 10,000 on the waiting list for ST at Boston for the Bs so filling the seats hardly seems like an issue.

Looch is a favorite of mine and at the price he will be paid I welcome him back.

He seems very happy to be returning to Boston and as a 20+ year STH can say the fans love him in Boston as do the guys who work for the Bs.

Looking forward to hearing the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCHHH at the Garden.

I don't know anyone who expects him to be the 2011 Milan Lucic. It will be fun.

Reactions: CDJ

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Possibly lose A Krejci and a Bergeron. Add a Lucic.
This is why I want Detroit to hold onto Boston's first next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad