Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Has there been any more specifics regarding the extent of Liles injury, or how long he's expected to be out.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I just saw concussion; out indefinitely.

For the record, this isn't Liles' first concussion. I'm pretty sure he's been sidelined at least twice before. During the summer he was videoed in Colorado showing his gyrostim training - basically putting himself in a large seat that spins around in all 3 dimensions, and he has to focus and identify objects and solve simple math problems. It's supposedly used for PCS, but its usefulness is dubious

Given that it's not his first trip to the rodeo, the comeback may not be as quick. But I'll give credit to the Bruins and the NHL here. They took him off the ice immediately. He never came back. (Huge pet peeve of mine was a Chicago game in the Garden 2-3 years ago when Toews came back after slamming his head.) They released full info in 48 hours. No timeline of return, because concussion healing is impossible to predict. IMO, that's textbook how concussions should be handled, and it clearly doesn't always happen that way. And bonus points for the concussion being a "whoopsie daisy", and not a brutal head shot. (Lookin' at you, Cooke.)

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I'm excited for Vatrano to return. I think he will help alot once he reacclimates himself into the lineup.

Probably best to temper expectations somewhat. He will need time to get back into effective game shape. Atrophied muscles, pacing and timing will require more time to recover from. He'll need to play and he's going to struggle.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Probably best to temper expectations somewhat. He will need time to get back into effective game shape. Atrophied muscles, pacing and timing will require more time to recover from. He'll need to play and he's going to struggle.

indeed, just look at Krug and Krejci as prime examples, both, 20 games or so into the year, appearing to look more comfortable, Frankie will need time, might be best to have him catch up a bit down in Providence first

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Bergy Missed practice today, with Blidh called up. Im not sure why they would call him up with accari skating unless bergy is gunna miss a game or two and accari isn't close enough for this weekend

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
Bergy Missed practice today, with Blidh called up. Im not sure why they would call him up with accari skating unless bergy is gunna miss a game or two and accari isn't close enough for this weekend

Was just going to post this.

The upside is that Claude may roll out Marchand-Spooner-Pasta as line 1. This would be a blisteringly fast and lethal offensive threat as spooner and pasta have shown chemistry before and Marchand is our best winger.

Pasta could be the key to unlocking Spooner's productive capabilities. When everyone's finally healthy, Id like to see a Pasta-spooner combo going forward.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015

The upside is that Claude may roll out Marchand-Spooner-Pasta as line 1. This would be a blisteringly fast and lethal offensive threat as spooner and pasta have shown chemistry before and Marchand is our best winger.

Pasta could be the key to unlocking Spooner's productive capabilities. When everyone's finally healthy, Id like to see a Pasta-spooner combo going forward.

Im not sure he will roll it as line 1, he will probably play the matchup game and have them play against weaker lines and o-zone starts.

Im surprised it wasn't backes or dk with marchy and pasta flanking him honestly.

Marchy-Spooner-Pasta wold be an amazingly fun line to watch.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

This will be interesting. Cool for Blidth but with the bruins needing scoring. Why why why Claude ?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Frank Vatrano is ahead of schedule in his recovery from foot surgery. The left wing has been skating on his own and could resume practicing with his teammates shortly. Vatrano’s next challenge will be to regain his touch and on-ice fitness. The East Longmeadow native could be the solution to the inconsistency of the No. 2 line, which has shuttled through Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey, and Tim Schaller on the left side. Vatrano’s straight-line speed, explosiveness, and shoot-first approach will be most welcome for the Bruins. The trick will be for Vatrano to find his touch as quickly as possible.

A prompt break-in period, however, isn’t realistic given the timing of his injury and how much it set back his development.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...-proof-that/H3nMCJdcEuzJJMuMDyinOL/story.html

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I almost forgot about Vatrano. It'll take him a while to catch his stride but his skillset is just what we need right now... We need some more clutch goals, and we saw how we can deliver those.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Frank Vatrano is ahead of schedule in his recovery from foot surgery. The left wing has been skating on his own and could resume practicing with his teammates shortly. Vatrano’s next challenge will be to regain his touch and on-ice fitness. The East Longmeadow native could be the solution to the inconsistency of the No. 2 line, which has shuttled through Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey, and Tim Schaller on the left side. Vatrano’s straight-line speed, explosiveness, and shoot-first approach will be most welcome for the Bruins. The trick will be for Vatrano to find his touch as quickly as possible.

A prompt break-in period, however, isn’t realistic given the timing of his injury and how much it set back his development.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...-proof-that/H3nMCJdcEuzJJMuMDyinOL/story.html

Paul Vincent taught power skating in Beverly back when I was in high school- after Oates signed as a college FA he came here before Detroit camp and lived in the area all summer so he could attend Vincent camp. Oates had I Trans Am with RPI 16 license :laugh:

He was always at gym and you could not have met a better guy

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I almost forgot about Vatrano. It'll take him a while to catch his stride but his skillset is just what we need right now... We need some more clutch goals, and we saw how we can deliver those.

There is no doubt we need the skills he's displayed in his short time on the roster. However, his stride is not the only thing the injury has impacted. He has been off the ice for a long time without any team interaction on the ice. His timing will be very much "off". Shot placement? Off. Hitting and taking hits? Off. His complete game will have taken a huge hit and he won't be the player we saw previously and expect now. He is going to be a work in progress for some time to come. Think Krug and Krejci, Chara with his knee, Bergy and Loui with their concussions.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

He had 8 goals in 39 games last season in Boston. I don't know if I'd call that clutch. I've said before that people need to temper their expectations with this kid, especially given that he is recovering from a serious injury.

incidental otter

Registered Spraint
May 27, 2015
He had 8 goals in 39 games last season in Boston. I don't know if I'd call that clutch. I've said before that people need to temper their expectations with this kid, especially given that he is recovering from a serious injury.

According to Hockey Analysis, 5 of Frank's 8 goals came with the B's tied or trailing. I'm happy with a guy who tends to score in those situations.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Looked to me like he gave himself a groin injury trying to avoid that hit at the opposing blue line in the Buffalo game.

Him being out is "addition by subtraction".

He needs a month in the pressbox. And then a ticket to LV Golden Knights...

Yes, because having Hayes back in the lineup instead of Beleskey is really an upgrade:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad