Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The attached report confirms that info with some additional detail. Craig appears to be fighting for his life at this moment. Thinking about you Craig and hoping your youth and athletic conditioning will help see you through this crisis. Keep fighting.

http://www.prohockeyrumors.com

Yikes. Sending warm wishes to Craig. I hope we hear good news soon.

We just learned (at last nights B's game) that our favorite B's ice guy (he works for the Garden helps with the ice) died a few months ago.

Dan was always friendly and had a smile and nod for all. I remember seeing him after the 2011 parade. He said "Hey you aren't going to say hi ? We were so used to seeing him on the Boston ice scrapping off the snow and helping the crew we didn't recognize him in his street clothes. Dan would keep a couple of pucks in his pocket and toss them to kids. He always said hello as he skated past us....

He was only in his 50s. He died in his sleep of a heart attack. :(.

Enjoy life cause you just never know....

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Sunday’s late-morning workout at Warrior Ice Arena in Brighton brought only 11 players to the ice. David Pastrnak, who missed his second straight game Saturday due to an upper-body injury, skated on his own before his teammates hit the ice.

Julien reiterated that Pastrnak, the club’s top goal scorer (10), remains day-to-day and would not venture a guess as to whether he might play Tuesday against St. Louis.

“He skated today,†Julien said, “so I guess that means he is getting closer to joining the team.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...d-made-most/hAoX2AjblMox9SG4eaNp5H/story.html

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Small piece of news in this brief update that gives a little bit of room for optimism with Craig. Update is being attributed to be from the Arizona head coach Dave Tippett in the attached. Hang in there Craig. Many current and recent members of the Bruins have expressed their support in various reports for him. Looch and he were said to be very close friends.

https://mobile.twitter.com/craigsmorgan/status/800776393453760512

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
VATRANO RETURNS TO ICE AHEAD OF SCHEDULE IN RECOVERY FROM FOOT SURGERY
http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/frank-vatrano-ahead-of-schedule-skating-with-boston-bruins

BRIGHTON, Mass. -- The Bruins got some good news on the health front this week as scoring winger Frank Vatrano returned to the ice for the first time on Tuesday morning.

The 22-year-old missed all of training camp and the first 18 games of the season with foot surgery following a training mishap in the days leading up to conditioning testing, and was supposed to be out until after Christmas. Vatrano has been working on the bike and in the pool with low impact exercise over the last few weeks, but is now going to be able to step it up to skating and work on the treadmill beginning this week.

“I didn’t forget how to skate, so that’s a good thing,†said a smiling Vatrano, who clearly can see the light at the end of the tunnel for his rehab at this point.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Zdeno Chara will miss his third straight game Sunday against Tampa Bay because of a lower-body injury. Bruins coach Claude Julien termed Chara as day-to-day. The defenseman didn’t participate in Saturday’s practice at Warrior Ice Arena.

Brad Marchand did not complete practice Saturday. Adam McQuaid dropped Marchand with a shot halfway through the session. Marchand limped to the bench with some assistance from his teammates. After spending several moments on the bench, Marchand retreated to the dressing room and didn’t return. Tim Schaller took some of Marchand’s shifts with Patrice Bergeron and David Pastrnak.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...raight-game/fN6gT9z4rXsLQR4244i00O/story.html

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Perfect, Marchand now potentially part of the M.A.S.H unit

Haggerty Tweet saysMarchand took shot off of the knee. Not good.

Thanks McQuaid. Your suckage now bleeds over to taking out your own teammate.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
In his second game back from injury Heinen scored two goals tonight and has 5 in 8 games since being sent down. Might be worth another cup of coffee in Boston

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I was sitting directly behind the bench with my three-year-old when Marchand came off the ice. He yelled an f-bomb and slammed his stick, then left for the locker room with training staff after about a minute or two of having his knee initially checked out. Unfortunately, I was watching the drills at other end of the ice and didn't see what had happened - he was clearly in a lot of pain and pissed off. He seemed like he'd been in a bad or chippy mood most of practice too, really working aggressively in the early drills.

He had sworn really loudly after missing a shot just a few minutes earlier, too and this time Nathan gave me that I-know-that's-a-bad-word-and-I-think-Daddy's-funny-pretending-not-to-hear-it look that only a toddler can give. Especially one whose father gets busted saying it in the car at least once daily.

But that was it for the humor in it. Marchy was really hobbling from the bench down the runway and he never came back out.

No Chara on ice, either.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don't see how anyone would blame Quaider for Brad

Stuff happens I am quite sure Adam didn't hit Brad on purpose

This McQuaid hate is sad

Get well Brad You are needed

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I don't see how anyone would blame Quaider for Brad

Stuff happens I am quite sure Adam didn't hit Brad on purpose

This McQuaid hate is sad

Get well Brad You are needed

It's unfortunate, especially given that this has happened before (Seidenberg and Connolly). Accidents in both cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany