Rumor: Bruins/Colorado getting serious about a deal?

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
This thread is some kind of usual nonsense.

Landeskog is better than Hall, even when he is having a down season.

COL should keep their captain, I don't see any reason to trade 1 of their few bonafide assets.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site

COL should keep their captain, I don't see any reason to trade 1 of their few bonafide assets.

You don't see any reason but apparently the Colorado management does since they are the ones who put it out there that these players are available.

They are lacking in some areas and want to improve those areas, apparently they feel that they can sacrifice one of their top three forwards to improve in another area.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
His fight card.
His inability to create offense.

Two reasons I don't see that being the case. I remember fondly the time he pissed himself after starting crap with Lucic. Some power forward.

If Carlo somehow goes the other way, "steal" is not going to be a common phrase from Bruins fans.

hahaha these typical fan that always bash the other team's player but once he's on their team..."He's awesome, he's the best, he's untouchable blah blah blah. I never said I didn't like him. I always wanted him on my team to replace Lucic. What a steal of a deal by the Bruins."

We actually heard the same crap with O'Reilly. Buffalo fans saying he's overated, hes not worth 7.5M, he isn't a team player because of his demands, never put up more than 60 pts, he's never going to bring you Zadorov in a deal...blah blah blah. Do you see them whine about him now?

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Landeskog has 23 points in 44 games, a 0.5227 ppg. There's 28 games left for the Avs. At 0.5227 ppg, Landeskog is on pace for another 14.6 points in those 28 games, which I think we can round up to 15. 23+15=38 points in 72 games.

Which is ~43pt pace over 82 games.

PS I like how you dodged the bulk of my post.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Any concern over landeskog a goal scoring totals trending down the last few years?

On the surface it might look bad, but factoring in the games played it's minimal...

.27 G/GP
.25 G/GP
.32 G/GP
.28 G/GP
.27 G/GP
.25 G/GP

Its been a slow decline, but how much is him and how much is the team? Is he taking less shots? Is he taking lower quality shots?

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
On the surface it might look bad, but factoring in the games played it's minimal...

.27 G/GP
.25 G/GP
.32 G/GP
.28 G/GP
.27 G/GP
.25 G/GP

Its been a slow decline, but how much is him and how much is the team? Is he taking less shots? Is he taking lower quality shots?

I know. Our team sucks. A lot. :cry:

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta

Halls career high is 80 points and Landeskog is 65, better than him , even when he's having a down season??? Hahah keep those homer glasses on bud

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

.27 G/GP
.25 G/GP
.32 G/GP
.28 G/GP
.27 G/GP
.25 G/GP

I mean, there is the clear outlier in there, moving between .25 and .28 is fine. What is clear, though, is that he hasn't gotten that much better over time. Sure, he is taking fewer pointless shots and more high quality shots than earlier in his career... and you could argue that if the team still had the talent they had when he started (RoR and Stastny) maybe you see more improvement in the numbers... but, he certainly has less value today than he did 3 or 4 years ago. He can be the 3rd to 5th best forward on a contending team. He would fall somewhere in that range on the Bruins. Is that worth a guy who projects as the #3D of a contending team? AND some plusses? And with the salary differences? That's a tough pill to swallow.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
hahaha these typical fan that always bash the other team's player but once he's on their team..."He's awesome, he's the best, he's untouchable blah blah blah. I never said I didn't like him. I always wanted him on my team to replace Lucic. What a steal of a deal by the Bruins."

We actually heard the same crap with O'Reilly. Buffalo fans saying he's overated, hes not worth 7.5M, he isn't a team player because of his demands, never put up more than 60 pts, he's never going to bring you Zadorov in a deal...blah blah blah. Do you see them whine about him now?

I took it from Colorado fans themselves who said he doesn't create his own offense.

I can't imagine a scenario where I'd ever speak your "quote".

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I mean, there is the clear outlier in there, moving between .25 and .28 is fine. What is clear, though, is that he hasn't gotten that much better over time. Sure, he is taking fewer pointless shots and more high quality shots than earlier in his career... and you could argue that if the team still had the talent they had when he started (RoR and Stastny) maybe you see more improvement in the numbers... but, he certainly has less value today than he did 3 or 4 years ago. He can be the 3rd to 5th best forward on a contending team. He would fall somewhere in that range on the Bruins. Is that worth a guy who projects as the #3D of a contending team? AND some plusses? And with the salary differences? That's a tough pill to swallow.

That's the thing you know w/ Landeskog you'll get a 20/30 guy that plays a 200ft game. For Carlo you still don't know what he's going to be. Could he be a top pairing guy? maybe, could be a 2nd pairing, could be a 3rd pairing. You'd imagine his development would trend upwards, but you would have thought the same thing about Landeskog, right?

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
It's funny, I really hope these talks fall apart and we keep Landeskog, yet Bruins fans probably feel the same way about Carlo.

I think that really has been clear since the start of the thread. The Bruins just need Carlo more than a winger and then there would be more added on top of that, it just doesn't make sense unless the Bruins are immediately replacing him with a big defensive presence who also can move the puck and handle pressure in all situations. I just don't see any of those kind of defensemen being available so I don't know who they would replace him with but they would probably have to trade Landeskog to get him.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That's the thing you know w/ Landeskog you'll get a 20/30 guy that plays a 200ft game. For Carlo you still don't know what he's going to be. Could he be a top pairing guy? maybe, could be a 2nd pairing, could be a 3rd pairing. You'd imagine his development would trend upwards, but you would have thought the same thing about Landeskog, right?

He would have to regress to be bottom pairing, which I don't think is super likely, but, sure, you have to account for that possibility. Can't disagree with the rest of the post.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I'm not sure any Avs fans are claiming Landeskog is better than Hall. And if they are that is kind of stupid.

That being said Landeskog is a quality player having a down season, on the worst team since the expansion Atlanta Thrashers. Landeskog is a very consistent player over his career and I expect him to be at about his career numbers going forward after he escapes this dumpster fire of a team, that has killed all of our players stats.

He will return a very decent package if/when he is traded.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

If I remember correctly Landeskog is exactly as advertised at the draft, a good two way guy, physical, a leader.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad