Rumor: Bruins/Colorado getting serious about a deal?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Who are the Bruins after?

Lots of Landeskog rumors but the recent addition of Cehlarik to the Krejci-Pastrnak duo has been like lightning in a bottle. Not sure I'd rush into that deal if there's a chance Cehlarik can complement those two capably.

Is there anyone else who would be a good fit? Neely has been saying they're also after a LH defenseman. IF Colorado is adding other high-end defensemen through trade, would they consider parting with Zadorov? I know they're trying to build up their defense but there's only room for 4 in a top4 and if they add a couple Hanifin types, would someone get bumped out?

Last edited:

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Landeskog. Avs should settle for Spooner, Zboril, 1st and call it a day.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Those are two GMs that should be very close to the end of their tenures.

Maybe they were discussing trading jobs.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Who are the Bruins after?

Lots of Landeskog rumors but the recent addition of Cehlarik to the Krejci-Pastrnak duo has been like lightning in a bottle. Not sure I'd rush into that deal if there's a chance Cehlarik can complement those two capably.

Is there anyone else who would be a good fit? Neely has been saying they're after a LH defenseman. Would Colorado consider parting with Zadorov? Maybe they're bringing in guys that make him expendable?

Of course Colorado would not part with Zadorov. The whole reason for trading away Duchene or Landeskog is mostly to land us some top tier young Ds with loads of potential. Not get rid of the one we have.

It will have to include one of McAvoy / Carlo for starters. IMO there is no way around that. Probably McAvoy if Sakic is scouting BU tomorrow.

The only way this makes sense is if Boston has a deal for Shattenkirk with the Blues in place.

Colorado gets McAvoy + picks/prospects + multiple capdumps to help the Bruins fit in Shattenkirk + extension.

Or Sweeney is simply fine with rolling Carlo / Miller down the right side or is confident that he can a good 2nd pairing RHD in UFA.

But I highly doubt there is a chance of a deal for one of Duchene / Landeskog that does not involve one of Carlo or McAvoy...

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
Carlo (born in Colorado), DeBrusk and a 1st is what I think is a fair proposal for Landeskog

Last edited:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The prospects/picks acquired from moving Hamilton, Lucic and Boychuk are starting to flourish in the AHL and NCAA to the point where the Bruins need to decide which ones are NHL ready next year and which ones are NHL ready but not for the Bruins lineup.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Of course Colorado would not part with Zadorov. The whole reason for trading away Duchene or Landeskog is mostly to land us some top tier young Ds with loads of potential. Not get rid of the one we have.

It will have to include one of McAvoy / Carlo for starters. IMO there is no way around that. Probably McAvoy if Sakic is scouting BU tomorrow.

The only way this makes sense is if Boston has a deal for Shattenkirk with the Blues in place.

Colorado gets McAvoy + picks/prospects + multiple capdumps to help the Bruins fit in Shattenkirk + extension.

Or Sweeney is simply fine with rolling Carlo / Miller down the right side or is confident that he can a good 2nd pairing RHD in UFA.

But I highly doubt there is a chance of a deal for one of Duchene / Landeskog that does not involve one of Carlo or McAvoy...

Really, really hope the Bruins keep McAvoy and Carlo off the table for Landeskog. If that means he goes elsewhere so be it. The Bruins aren't winning the Cup with or without GL92.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Carlo (born in Colorado), DeBrusk and a 1st is what I think is a fair proposal for Landeskog

I think it's Colin Miller who has really stepped up in the last three games. His goal against Vancouver was a cannon. Signed cheap next year and the third defenseman the Bruins would protect in the expansion draft.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm soooo sick of hearing Ryan Spooner's name in all AVS/Bruins trade talk.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Really, really hope the Bruins keep McAvoy and Carlo off the table for Landeskog.

Then no deal I guess. Those are the only 2 names that make any kind of sense for the AVS. Not Spooner. Not your B prospects.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Honestly, who gets away with taking that photo?

1. In a place they shouldn't and took this photo and will be barred from future access.

or

2. Sakic and Sweeney went to the media area to talk it up for all to see.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Not to be disrespectful to Boston fans but yeah it's got to start with one of those two. Sakic taking in McAvoy tomorrow is really the only positive news with these Boston rumors. I personally wouldn't trade Duchene or Landeskog for a Carlo package.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Cehlarik changes things for Boston. It makes their winger prospects more available.

Agreed. I think Heinen (who also has COL ties) would be a prime example. Very talented, but had two chances with Krejci this year and didn't fit. Cehlarik steps in and the chemistry is instant. Similar players, both LH shots who can play either wing...

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

1. In a place they shouldn't and took this photo and will be barred from future access.

or

It's #2. The original tweet was in French and basically translated to: "if they wanted to talk business they'd be more discreet because they are wide open in view of everyone".

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

or

The Avs are notorious for being quiet and operating like the KGB but are just going to be so painfully obvious about their business? I'm starting to feel like this is a big smoke screen.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It's #2. The original tweet was in French and basically translated to: "if they wanted to talk business they'd be more discreet because they are wide open in view of everyone".

Yeah a discreet place like Mar del Lago. There is a lot of smoke. If McAvoy is involved, there better be enough cap $$$ going back to Colorado for the Bruins to be able to afford Shattenkirk.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Awful, awful, awful. Essentially three 1st round picks for 20 goal Landeskog?!

Little interest in him as I've said. Duchene if anyone... I'd not want to see the B's trade Carlo in a package for anything less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad