Rumor: Bruins/Colorado getting serious about a deal?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Good luck with Landeskog scoring 32 points (to go from 23 to 55 points) in 23-28 games remaining in any team. That's McDavid / Crosby territory. NOT REALISTIC.
Now tell me Avs fans are not a little on the crazy side about Landeskog. :laugh:

...Landeskog isn't our best player...Do you even read our posts?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Good luck with Landeskog scoring 32 points (to go from 23 to 55 points) in 23-28 games remaining in any team. That's McDavid / Crosby territory. NOT REALISTIC.
Now tell me Avs fans are not a little on the crazy side about Landeskog. :laugh:

Re-read his post.

You're so much on your rant that you're no longer bothering to read the actual posts anymore.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City

...I clearly think you missed the point. Our best player right now by being Mackinnon is going to have a hard time reaching 55 pts this season.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Re-read his post.

You're so much on your rant that you're no longer bothering to read the actual posts anymore.

Yup I misread the post.

Last phrase: unwarranted. I am using math and logic. If that's too hard for you, feel free not to comment. You are under no obligation to reply.

...I clearly think you missed the point. Our best player right now by being Mackinnon is going to have a hard time reaching 55 pts this season.

Yup you are right. I corrected it asap but you were too quick.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Yup I misread the post.

Last phrase: unwarranted. I am using math and logic. If that's too hard for you, feel free not to comment. You are under no obligation to reply.

Yup you are right. I corrected it asap but you were too quick.

I'm having no issue following your math and logic.

Frankly, we really don't care. We're not the ones making decisions here. The GMs are. Pointing deficiencies in a player and or prospects is solely for your own benefit, and allows you to contribute to an argument that's,at the end of day, rather pointless.

You really think we care what landeskog is pacing for in 72 or 82 games? We don't. In this abomination of a season, it's rather pointless to try to understand what's going offensively with some of our best players.

If you came over to our board, you'd see that a grand majority of the fans don't want to make this move. They're very much more comfortable keeping the known player in landeskog rather than the unknown of Carlo and some prospects.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
I totally agree. It's a flawed logic to just look at a season when a team is bottom of the league.
Let's for arguments sake say Crosby ends up at LV and then ends up with 60 pts next season as they finished 30th.
Does that mean Crosby is now a 60pt player and not worth much at all?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I totally agree. It's a flawed logic to just look at a season when a team is bottom of the league.
Let's for arguments sake say Crosby ends up at LV and then ends up with 60 pts next season as they finished 30th.

And.. we're not just a bottom team. This is a historically bad season, pretty much unseen since the implementation of the loser point.
I mean, were on pace for 165 goals by the end of the season. There's a bunch of teams that already have more than that TODAY than we're expected to have by seasons end.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

As a captain I'm sure he elevates his play and makes the best of the situation but that is a different topic.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
If a deal hasn't been done yet I don't think it will (IMO). Sweeney probably set a hard line on no Carlo/McAvoy and if thats the case Sakic probably sees no reason to do it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If a deal hasn't been done yet I don't think it will (IMO). Sweeney probably set a hard line on no Carlo/McAvoy and if thats the case Sakic probably sees no reason to do it.

Joe's probably waiting to see if that coaching change bump fades away and Sweeney starts to get more desperate to solidify his team in a playoff spot. And if at that point he'd cave on basing the package around McAvoy.

TheHardTruth*

Jun 22, 2015
I don't understand the fascination with an at best 30-35 point player. I also don't understand the wild proposals that i've seen. Third line depth players won't return a lot.

I'm just waiting until the saga is over and the underwhelming return starts to sink in for some people.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
I don't understand the fascination with an at best 30-35 point player. I also don't understand the wild proposals that i've seen. Third line depth players won't return a lot.

I'm just waiting until the saga is over and the underwhelming return starts to sink in for some people.

Bergeron wouldn't fetch a lot. 2nd line center at his age with that contract. Maybe a late 1st and a meh prospect.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

And the worst post of the thread...:laugh: Landeskog a 3rd line depth player? ... [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

You answered your own questions with your first 3 words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad