Half-Assed GDT: Bruins @ Blues | 7PM NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I wouldn't be too suprised if this hit didnt result in a suspension if it was earlier in the year. It wasn't an egregious hit, so I think they left this one slide.

Reactions: Bendak

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I will vehemently disagree with the bolded. When the attacking team has the boards sealed on both sides like the Bruins did, firing the puck up the middle is absolutely the right play. Had the ref not gotten in the way, that puck wouldn't have touched the ice until it was clear of the zone, so someone would have had to peel off the point and stop it with their body. That was extremely doubtful given the pace it had on it. Even Donato, who scored the goal from the slot, was in the circle near the dot when Petro fired the puck. There is no way he could have reached that puck without someone stopping it for him. It was just terri-bad positioning by the ref and an unfortunate bounce right to an attacking player. I'm sure this will end up on the "what not to do" video for the next officiating tutorial in the NHL and other leagues.
Oh I definitely think it was the right move, because that puck was going to be gone if the ref didn't pass it right to the rookie on accident. I was just pointing out that the announcers and some people around the main boards thought petro was doing something dumb, which is wrong because that play works most of the time on the PK when he does it.

Mar 6, 2012
We can beat anyone and anyone can beat us. Right now, I don't think we'd be the favorite against any of the other playoff teams, but we would have a chance.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I think it is going to take our goalie(s) standing on their heads to clear the first round, no matter who it is. Our offense is that bad, especially against teams that are playoff quality. I don't think the chances of that happening in back to back seasons are particularly good. I agree that we certainly have a chance, especially when our D is chipping in and we are getting supplemental goals. One need only look at our play against playoff quality teams this season to see how consistently poor we've done. I think DA agrees, or he wouldn't have given up a player to a team that we may very well face in the playoffs were we to make it past the first round. I know that preparing for teams in the playoffs isn't like preparing for a team in a regular season game, but the only consistency this team has show the last few months is that they are wildly inconsistent. I'm hoping for the best, but the realist in me says that we are going to go no further than 5 games in the first round.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Just read through the Krejci Headshot thread after the DOPS ruled no discipline for Schenn and I think we have an emergency situation in Boston.

They're going to need as many whaaaambulances as possible from out of state to soothe those easily bruised egos. They will certainly need a large donation of tissues from Puffs. The ones with Aloe for all that chappage. And crisis counselors, lots of them. You see I have recently learned the league is "out to get" the Bruins! So clearly they have some delusional ideas which fits like a glove considering what I've seen from that arrogant group of chest thumpers. Might have to let Chara tear a goat in half at center ice to pacify them.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Just read through the Krejci Headshot thread after the DOPS ruled no discipline for Schenn and I think we have an emergency situation in Boston.

They're going to need as many whaaaambulances as possible from out of state to soothe those easily bruised egos. They will certainly need a large donation of tissues from Puffs. The ones with Aloe for all that chappage. And crisis counselors, lots of them. You see I have recently learned the league is "out to get" the Bruins! So clearly they have some delusional ideas which fits like a glove considering what I've seen from that arrogant group of chest thumpers. Might have to let Chara tear a goat in half at center ice to pacify them.

They are a large market team and the national media loves them and their shinny new toy (Danato). They shouldn't worry so much.

I'd say that only the Pens and Preds will get more favoritism from the media and the refs.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

To be fair, Our fanbase would be doing the exact same thing if the same series of events/decisions happened to us. I think he DoPS got the Schenn call right, but I get why Boston is frustrated. We'd have our pitchforks out screaming about bias if Dunn took the hit McAvoy took with no supplemental discipline and we'd be screaming if a player on our team then took a 3 game suspension for the hit Backes made.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
To be fair, Our fanbase would be doing the exact same thing if the same series of events/decisions happened to us. I think he DoPS got the Schenn call right, but I get why Boston is frustrated. We'd have our pitchforks out screaming about bias if Dunn took the hit McAvoy took with no supplemental discipline and we'd be screaming if a player on our team then took a 3 game suspension for the hit Backes made.

Yeah.....going to have to strongly disagree with that Brian. We have never collectively displayed the level of entitlement and arrogance I've seen over a 10+ year sample size from "those people". I've seen both Chicago and LA fans display much better collective behavior after winning multiple Cups than Boston fans did after 2011. Christ man all of HFboards had to put up with condescending arrogance from them multiple years after their Cup win and I'll kindly ask that you please don't suggest we would behave the same way. They start main board threads over any and all perceived slights that I just don't see Blues fans doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad