Pre-Game Talk: Bruins at Sens 10/23/18 7:30

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
So he must have quite a list of bad plays.. Want to list them?

btw

White just needs ice time imo; It doesn't have to be top 6 but it should be top 9 at least for this year to see how he develops. He still needs to get stronger so he can up his physical/board/net front play.

I’m glad he’s being told to find a place in Ottawa. He’s a lot better then quite a few players on the roster and is only getting better. All I meant is he just has to make more of his opportunities. To often he makes a great play only to follow it up with a pass to a teammate that’s not on their stick. He has more time then he realizes out there. I agree he needs more ice time.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
So do we think the head shot hearing was because the resulting concussion or him speaking out earlier in the day? No doubt it's a head shot and im fine with the hearing and a suspension but we have seen him take one just last game and then Wideman take an elbow to the head from Marchand last game we played the B's, both were very clear headshots and in the same realm as this one but both barely registered on social media platforms nor were reviewed by the league.

Within minutes of the hit occurring last night I saw multiple threads on twitter with super slo mo replays with the league and player safety tagged in the tweets.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So do we think the head shot hearing was because the resulting concussion or him speaking out earlier in the day? No doubt it's a head shot and im fine with the hearing and a suspension but we have seen him take one just last game and then Wideman take an elbow to the head from Marchand last game we played the B's, both were very clear headshots and in the same realm as this one but both barely registered on social media platforms nor were reviewed by the league.

Within minutes of the hit occurring last night I saw multiple threads on twitter with super slo mo replays with the league and player safety tagged in the tweets.

It was a dumb move on his part.

I don't see the need to compare it with other head shots that may not have been called.

It was a head shot, not an elbow, as it turns out, but rather a forearm, as you can see from this angle:

You see the elbow pointed at "58" on the arm of Vaak's jersey.

Anyway, I don't really see much of a distinction.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
It was a dumb move on his part.

I don't see the need to compare it with other head shots that may not have been called.

It was a head shot, not an elbow, as it turns out, but rather a forearm, as you can see from this angle:

You see the elbow pointed at "58" on the arm of Vaak's jersey.

Anyway, I don't really see much of a distinction.

You are not understanding my statement, Im aware the hit last night was not an elbow thus why I said a headshot and not elbow to the head, what I'm interested in is what makes 1 headshot get a hearing and another not, again I clearly stated it was a headshot and the hearing and likely suspension will be warranted. Not complaining or comparing at all but more was looking to discuss the subject which obviously aint happening hear lol, cheers folks!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I’m glad he’s being told to find a place in Ottawa. He’s a lot better then quite a few players on the roster and is only getting better. All I meant is he just has to make more of his opportunities. To often he makes a great play only to follow it up with a pass to a teammate that’s not on their stick. He has more time then he realizes out there. I agree he needs more ice time.

Maybe he can change his number now, it hurts my eyes.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Unlucky game with a frustrating ending. We didn't play that poorly, but I thought we didn't do a good enough job of getting to rebounds and having traffic in front. Tkachuk would've been very useful in this game.

Annoying that we have to wait until Friday for the next one.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
I liked his game. Played a ton against the Bruins top line and held his own. Wideman probably has to look out, if Jaros keeps it up I think he might steal that last RD spot. I'm a big proponent of having a 3rd pair that leans towards defensive rather than offensive because it means you don't need to shelter them allowing the soft mins to go to your offensively gifted guys.
Yeah I thought I saw a bit of everything from him yesterday in my limited viewing. Thanks for the confirmation. I dont know why but I've always had this gut feeling he will end up as a #4.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Bruins fan here, I was at the game. Very impressed with the Sens this year, I wasn't expecting that. The score isn't representative, could have gone either way. The Bergeron line is deadly some nights and good for us. Rask was really good and lucky at the same time (Carlo). Formenton's speed was just wow... Chabot will be a star. Unlike Montreal, I wish Ottawa get back to be a dominant team again sooner than later.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Fixed for accuracy.

Ya'll gotta stop blaming players you don't like for doing things they didn't do.

The Psychology of Scapegoating

The ego defence of displacement plays a role in scapegoating, in which uncomfortable feelings such as anger, frustration, envy, and guilt are displaced and projected onto another, often more vulnerable, person or group. The scapegoated target is then persecuted, providing the person doing the scapegoating not only with a conduit for his uncomfortable feelings, but also with pleasurable feelings of piety and self-righteous indignation.

It's so funny when somebody curses at Ceci when he wasn't even on the ice :laugh:

GDTs reveal a lot of cognitive bias and agendas. Last night, I've read several posts bashing Ryan, even though he was arguably our most dangerous forward.

Ceci, Ryan, Smith the 3 biggest scapegoats this year. HM to Andy. Who's next when they're gone?

Yup should have drafted him. Mistakes have consequences.

Wouldn't use the word "mistake" because the "should have drafted instead" game in the 2nd round is even more shady than in the 1st round but it would have been really nice to have him.

Chabot-Carlo
Lajoie-Ceci
Borowiecki-DeMelo
Harpur

Jaros and Wolanin graduating soon, making Boro and Ceci or DeMelo expendable (so you have the luxury to trade them as they're getting older and more expensive). Carlo is a true shutdown D-man, would ease the task for Ceci who wouldn't be asked to act as the top shutdown D-man in the league anymore.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bruins fan here, I was at the game. Very impressed with the Sens this year, I wasn't expecting that. The score isn't representative, could have gone either way. The Bergeron line is deadly some nights and good for us. Rask was really good and lucky at the same time (Carlo). Formenton's speed was just wow... Chabot will be a star. Unlike Montreal, I wish Ottawa get back to be a dominant team again sooner than later.

Cheers!

Bergeron line is deadly most nights against us.

Reactions: MetM

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He just caught a Bruin skating full steam into the crease. Forearm but did hit him in the head. I thought he would get a fine.

And yet, Gallagher , with principal point of contact being the head and from behind, gets nothing.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

The ego defence of displacement plays a role in scapegoating, in which uncomfortable feelings such as anger, frustration, envy, and guilt are displaced and projected onto another, often more vulnerable, person or group. The scapegoated target is then persecuted, providing the person doing the scapegoating not only with a conduit for his uncomfortable feelings, but also with pleasurable feelings of piety and self-righteous indignation.

It's so funny when somebody curses at Ceci when he wasn't even on the ice :laugh:

GDTs reveal a lot of cognitive bias and agendas. Last night, I've read several posts bashing Ryan, even though he was arguably our most dangerous forward.

Ceci, Ryan, Smith the 3 biggest scapegoats this year. HM to Andy. Who's next when they're gone?

Wouldn't use the word "mistake" because the "should have drafted instead" game in the 2nd round is even more shady than in the 1st round but it would have been really nice to have him.

Chabot-Carlo
Lajoie-Ceci
Borowiecki-DeMelo
Harpur

Jaros and Wolanin graduating soon, making Boro and Ceci or DeMelo expendable (so you have the luxury to trade them as they're getting older and more expensive). Carlo is a true shutdown D-man, would ease the task for Ceci who wouldn't be asked to act as the top shutdown D-man in the league anymore.

Boro is another guy at the top of the list of scapegoats in Ottawa as will be Harpur & Paul.

Somehow, I doubt they will trade the hometown boy Ceci, who is a 24 yr old right shot PMD, they are kind of valuable in the NHL. I expect that they will first trade Wideman since he is a 28 yr old UFA who can easily be replaced by the bigger, tougher Jaros who is pretty much NHL ready & also a right shot. Boro is 29 yrs old & next yr will be his last yr on this contract & I expect they may no longer need him although I could also see them sign him for a yr as a 7th D.

DeMello would be the third D I think that would be moved out before Ceci, if they decided to make room on the roster for Wolanin. Wolanin could also be used as a valuable asset in a trade since he is NHL ready & a very fast PMD. Then you have to wonder how long JBD (another Right shot D) stays in school & how long it takes him to be NHL ready.

The NHL has handed Ottawa Senators defenceman Mark Borowiecki a one-game suspension.

Mark Borowiecki Suspended One Game

What a bunch of crap, the guy is skating into the crease & Boro raises his arm to stop him from running into his goalie & he runs into Boro's forearm & Boro gets suspended for it. Geez the NHL is getting so soft & ridiculous with these things, definitely a reputation call. We've seen a lot worse & much more dangerous not get called at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad