News Article: Bruins assistant Jay Pandolfo joining Boston University staff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Which former Bruin and or New England native is gonna take his place?
MUST me from the South Shore, Scituate, Hingham, Marshfield etc. The reasoning will be that most Boston bred Bruins are from the South Shore and a coach from there can "relate" to the players.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
MUST me from the South Shore, Scituate, Hingham, Marshfield etc. The reasoning will be that most Boston bred Bruins are from the South Shore and a coach from there can "relate" to the players.

Of the three Bruins who are native to Mass, only one is from the South Shore, Charlie Coyle. The others are from Walpole (Wagner) and Charlestown (Gryz).

Reactions: Alicat

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
How often do they ever go outside the organization?

Just once during JJ's ownership. We all know what happened. We all know it will likely never happen again while the old man draws a breath.

Charles-Montgomery-Burns--007.jpg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Good luck with that.

Hey, it's Cynical Bruins Redux Happy Fun Time!

I'm nearly as cynical, and pessimistic, as I was at the beginning, middle, and end of OC's reign of pooh.

Open up wide, Bruins fans. They're shoveling the shit, and there will be years of it to come.

IF anyone thinks the Bruins are going to fire Bruce Cassidy, whom I like but who also seems averse to "a heavy game," think again. IF anyone thinks C. Montgomery will lower the boom on SweeNeely within the next THREE years, think again.

These are your Boston Bruins. Mediocrity defined.

f*** you, Harry.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Muzz is OK with me.

Sorry, Ladyfan.

Muzz? I'm sure he's a nice guy but he, like the rest of this crew, epitimizes blah. Blah blah.

I've really come to hate this management. Almost as much as I hate this ownership. But then, they're interchangable.

And as I keep complaining (I'll stop soon, I promise), it's just more of the same Good to Bad to Meh managment, which won't change anytime soon.

It's depressing, because barring a lightbulb, this is going to go on for years.

How many Bruins executives does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None.

They don't know what a lightbulb is.

Oy!

Thank you, ladies and germs, I'll be here all week. Then it's off to Giggles in Buffalo.

Reactions: BMC and TOR1970Cup

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sorry, Ladyfan.

Muzz? I'm sure he's a nice guy but he, like the rest of this crew, epitimizes blah. Blah blah.

I've really come to hate this management. Almost as much as I hate this ownership. But then, they're interchangable.

And as I keep complaining (I'll stop soon, I promise), it's just more of the same Good to Bad to Meh managment, which won't change anytime soon.

It's depressing, because barring a lightbulb, this is going to go on for years.

How many Bruins executives does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None.

They don't know what a lightbulb is.

Oy!

Thank you, ladies and germs, I'll be here all week. Then it's off to Giggles in Buffalo.
Muzz was a great leader with his time here. He lead all of the pre game drills. I believe he started some of the lunch pail stuff.

I don't think he would come here so don't worry but we were sitting next to the bench when Muzz was here and he was not blah. He was the clear leader on the team when they made Z the captain. Big Z grew into the C but the stripes, coaches and team all went to Muzz.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Totally respect Jay's desire to strike a better work-life balance. Will definitely miss his intermission interviews that helped me work towards sleep mode for the night.

I 100 percent want Chris Kelly to take Jay's place if it's not Leach.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Muzz is OK with me.

I meant it more in jest that the Bruins seem afraid to try something/someone new. I like him as well.

Aside from Savard for a PP role or Chara for a PK role, I'd like them to try something else. Take a risk and see if it pays off.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Totally respect Jay's desire to strike a better work-life balance. Will definitely miss his intermission interviews that helped me work towards sleep mode for the night.

I 100 percent want Chris Kelly to take Jay's place if it's not Leach.
I think this is ultimately how it is going to shake out.

If Kelly goes into a coaching role I think we see Adam McQuaid fill his position in Player Development

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad