News Article: Bruins assistant Jay Pandolfo joining Boston University staff

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Leach ? Or that might put to much pressure on Bruce ?

I'd like that just so they don't lose him to another organization and he'll be ready to step in if Bruce gets the axe (assuming the front office thinks highly enough of him to be the next head coach).... same sort of situation Butch had when Claude was the coach.

With that being said I also wouldnt mind a fresh set of eyes from outside the organization

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'd like to see them bring in someone from outside the organization, and someone with a Cup ring (because I don't think Cassidy has ever won a championship, at any level).

What about Randy Carlyle?

He was Cassidy's assistant in Washington. He won a Cup with Anaheim in 2007, but he hasn't worked since 2019.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I doubt it will be Leach.

I can see them going outside of the organization and I can also see them going with someone who has ties to the organization.

No. That's what they'll likely do. All in house, and all perfectly lame.

Good luck to Jay. He's getting out while the getting is good.

Reactions: BMC

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Jamie Langenbrunner would be a natural move here and would be sure to prompt long threads by people who were looking for a shake up.

Uhm. No. I'm sure Jamie is a nice guy, which I guess means that he'll get it.

This thing needs to be torn down, root and branch. As I keep bitching, however,

It won't happen. Not for years, in the ashes. I would absolutey love to be wrong (come on, Charlie), but I don't see it.

More mediocrity, more drift. More plugging holes. More poor drafts. More bad trades. These are your Boston Bruins, folks.

It's called (or will be soon enough).. Ruins.

Reactions: Fenian24 and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad