Seravalli: Bruins are front runners for Gavrikov

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Not really sure why the Bruins would want Gavrikov tbh. Their defense is really good.

Would be very funny to see the dominoes fall afterwards though if they did take him off the market.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
so..

McAvoy - Gavrikov
Lindholm - Carlo
Gryzleck - Forbort
Clifton

Don’t hate it I guess, not the flashiest move but doesn’t always need to be

Wonder what the return would be. As others said Reilly as the cap, with a 1st + prospect or other mid pick?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
so..

McAvoy - Gavrikov
Lindholm - Carlo
Gryzleck - Forbort
Clifton

Don’t hate it I guess, not the flashiest move but doesn’t always need to be

Wonder what the return would be. As others said Reilly as the cap, with a 1st + prospect or other mid pick?
Personally I feel he’s best used at the 2nd pair and the PK1 unit defenseman

Reactions: Cowumbus

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
At first, it feels a bit Shattenkirk-ish; making a splash for the sake of making a splash.

Gryzelcyk only has one year left on his contract. If they’re planning on going a different direction in the future, getting ahead of it would make sense.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Might be their move similar to Manson for the Avs last year, and a bit extra insurance if someone goes down.
This. Gavrikov feels like overkill for the Bruins but Manson did for the Avs too. That's what ya wanna do if ya wanna win a cup. I would've thought they'd add a forward though.

I just hope this doesn't lead to Columbus getting Chychrun

Reactions: HockeyWooot

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Friedman mentioned this as well, that things are hetating up with Gavrikov and Bruins

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Based off of what Friedman and LeBrun have said, Oilers are definitely in the running for his services as well.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Not really sure why the Bruins would want Gavrikov tbh. Their defense is really good.

Would be very funny to see the dominoes fall afterwards though if they did take him off the market.
Gavirok is better than both Forbort and Clifton

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
At first, it feels a bit Shattenkirk-ish; making a splash for the sake of making a splash.

Gryzelcyk only has one year left on his contract. If they’re planning on going a different direction in the future, getting ahead of it would make sense.
Can never have enough good D in the playoffs. I bet at least one of the current Bruins top 4 will be injured at some point in the playoffs. I would prefer Chychrun, but Gavrikov might be a good cheaper option.
What kind of contract will he be looking to sign? I guess it would likely be a rental deal.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Gavrikov is very different to that Shattenkirk.

& this is the best chance Boston is going to have for some years.

They need to go for it for Bergeron

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
This. Gavrikov feels like overkill for the Bruins but Manson did for the Avs too. That's what ya wanna do if ya wanna win a cup. I would've thought they'd add a forward though.

I just hope this doesn't lead to Columbus getting Chychrun
Uh why would Columbus do that?

Reactions: lanceuppercut75

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Jesus they are stacked.
I don't typically believe in the concept of going "all in" in hockey. It's not like basketball where only the top handful of teams have a chance at winning.

But in Boston's case, it seems like the year to do it. This seems like Bergeron's last kick at the can, Krejci probably following him, and Marchand isn't too far behind. They're a super deep good team right now, and if I'm them, I'm willing to make some big moves.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I don’t get if. We already have Forbort. Is Gavrikov better? Yes. is he a 1st and a 3rd better? No. Unless he plays his offside and replaces Clifton every other night, he’s just superfluous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad