Bruins and Leaf fans combine to raise over 1250 for Boston/Toronto sick kids

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

And as the story has gained traction, more and more people are contributing. I gained a ton of respect for the Bruins fans on there, and even threw in 10 bucks myself. Just an amazing story that was born out of a lot of tension between fanbases.

Edit: For mobile users here is the main text

"For every game the Bruins won, anyone who was in would donate to Toronto Sick Kids. In return, for every Leafs win, fans would donate to Boston Children's Hospital. The Leafs community met this idea with an overwhelmingly positive response, proving there is a bit of humanity in us all. We're all fans of the same sport when you strip away our team loyalty, and what's better than to bring something positive out of a rivalry? I'm overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from people on this, and I'm so excited to see where we can take it.
Some people donated $10, some people donated $16 in honor of Mitch Marner, and a few even donated $43 in honor of Kadri. Some donated to both hospitals, a few people even donated over $100. The hockey community is absolutely incredible, and I just wanted to share this to the larger r/hockey audience to applaud the amazing communities both of these teams foster."

Last edited:

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I see no reason why this shouldn't be a permanent play off fixture. Would be fun if the teams decide the charity for next season.

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
Glad to see them turn a long time bitter rivalry into something positive, respect to all those involved.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I’m not seeing a picture. It’s s blank white space.
Same for me.

Regardless, I hate the Leafs and don’t like the Bruins, but excellent job by both. Raising money for sick kids is something that we all can get behind.

@Kamiccolo, can you post a link again? For some reason in your OP, it’s just a white screen (at least on mobile)

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Same for me.

Regardless, I hate the Leafs and don’t like the Bruins, but excellent job by both. Raising money for sick kids is something that we all can get behind.

@Kamiccolo, can you post a link again? For some reason in your OP, it’s just a white screen (at least on mobile)

Edited the OP but here is the text.

"For every game the Bruins won, anyone who was in would donate to Toronto Sick Kids. In return, for every Leafs win, fans would donate to Boston Children's Hospital. The Leafs community met this idea with an overwhelmingly positive response, proving there is a bit of humanity in us all. We're all fans of the same sport when you strip away our team loyalty, and what's better than to bring something positive out of a rivalry? I'm overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from people on this, and I'm so excited to see where we can take it.
Some people donated $10, some people donated $16 in honor of Mitch Marner, and a few even donated $43 in honor of Kadri. Some donated to both hospitals, a few people even donated over $100. The hockey community is absolutely incredible, and I just wanted to share this to the larger r/hockey audience to applaud the amazing communities both of these teams foster."

Also says it is over 2000 now with more people joining in.

Reactions: Noreaster96

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Edited the OP but here is the text.

Also says it is over 2000 now with more people joining in.
Thanks!

This should be a thing that happens with every series

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Thanks for posting...good story.

Unsure if you heard what happened last year

Bills needed Baltimore to lose to Cincinnati to make the playoffs in the NFL.The Cindy QB got a game winning score in the final minute.

The Bills fans then piled onto the QBs charity for kids with Thousands $$$.

Reactions: IlikeEich

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for posting...good story.

Unsure if you heard what happened last year

Bills needed Baltimore to lose to Cincinnati to make the playoffs in the NFL.The Cindy QB got a game winning score in the final minute.

The Bills fans then piled onto the QBs charity for kids with Thousands $$$.
Yeah I I really hope this becomes a trend. Bills fans also donate to some charity recently because they lost a "best fan" twitter poll recently. Not gonna complain about the 'donate to prove we're better' philosophy' lol

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Every team has great fans so this isnt surprising! Great to see everyone come together for a great cause!

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yeah I I really hope this becomes a trend. Bills fans also donate to some charity recently because they lost a "best fan" twitter poll recently. Not gonna complain about the 'donate to prove we're better' philosophy' lol

What makes the Bills thing unique...it was organic.

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018
It's always a good thing to donate to a reputable Children's hospital, but...

... this is a REALLY stupid reason.

"In light of recent tension between the teams."

I would get banned if I told you how I truly felt about anyone who would speak that sentence in regards to hockey teams.

"Boy, I sure hope there are lots of hugs and kisses and snuggles and cuddles for Game 4. Makes my little tummy sore when those big strong boys are mean to each other. I like snuggles and kisses."

Reactions: Art of Magic

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2