Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
The league should put a mandatory 3 month rule in regards to concussions.

A concussion is like a separated shoulder. Once you get one, a small jolt can simulate same experience.

Players start feeling better and rush back then one small hit and they are wobbly.

So much talk lately has been about fighting. People who know the game know fighting NEEDS to be in hockey. It's more than just entertainment factor.

Me personally:

Review the players shoulder pads and elbow pads.

Little assignment for everyone: Go to your local sports store this weekend, take a pair of shoulder pads and smack it off your jaw. Once the shock goes away picture a 215lbs guy skating like the wind hitting you square in the chin with a set.

It will cut down concussions immensely.

Reactions: StrBender and SPV

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
After listening to what Cassidy said post-game, there's a chance he could be good to go for Saturday. Here's hoping.

Cassidy is being irresponsible here. We all saw the aftermath of that hit, Carlo did not know where he was and couldn't stand up. Carlo has significant concussion history. He should be just down for the series automatically, and presumed out for the playoffs.

Cassidy is not a doctor, and his comments can only serve to put undue pressure on Carlo to come back before he is ready. With all the knowledge on the long-lasting impact of concussions (see Savard) you'd think he would know better.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Cassidy is being irresponsible here. We all saw the aftermath of that hit, Carlo did not know where he was and couldn't stand up. Carlo has significant concussion history. He should be just down for the series automatically, and presumed out for the playoffs.

Cassidy is not a doctor, and his comments can only serve to put undue pressure on Carlo to come back before he is ready. With all the knowledge on the long-lasting impact of concussions (see Savard) you'd think he would know better.

I took this as reference to Miller, not Carlo.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
The league should put a mandatory 3 month rule in regards to concussions.

A concussion is like a separated shoulder. Once you get one, a small jolt can simulate same experience.

Players start feeling better and rush back then one small hit and they are wobbly.

So much talk lately has been about fighting. People who know the game know fighting NEEDS to be in hockey. It's more than just entertainment factor.

Me personally:

Review the players shoulder pads and elbow pads.

Little assignment for everyone: Go to your local sports store this weekend, take a pair of shoulder pads and smack it off your jaw. Once the shock goes away picture a 215lbs guy skating like the wind hitting you square in the chin with a set.

It will cut down concussions immensely.

This only encourages people lying about it.

And also would add to broken collar bones and ribs, not only from the hits but from flying pucks

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Not sure, but Cassidy did say that he talked to Carlo who was "feeling good" and would not rule him out for the next game.

Well, the reality is Brandon doesn't get in unless he's medically cleared to do so, regardless of any posturing by Bruce or anyone else. League has matured on this level.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Does anyone remember when Beers just absolutely went off on Ty Anderson when he brought up trading for David Savard at the deadline because he was a right shot and Beers grilled him on where he would play? Team could really use David Savard right now, and could have at the deadline with Miller as a ?.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

the irony

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Not sure, but Cassidy did say that he talked to Carlo who was "feeling good" and would not rule him out for the next game.

I heard him say that Carlo will be RE-EVALUATED in the morning. If you look on league's concussion protocol, the player must fail an acute test and be diagnosed with a concussion before being placed in said protocol. I haven't heard anything about Carlo failing the test.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

You don’t think Bruce consulted with the medical staff before deciding on roster moves?

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
you do not understand anything about concussions if this is your view

you’d think after all the talk and science the last decade you’d know more. Be better

Well educate me on what was said about Kase or by Kase . I heard Cassidy say it wasn't an injury after the game which I said he was obviously mistaken . Than I heard Sweeney say he is shut down for the year . You obviously have heard way more than me . Sometimes I miss stuff and I apologize for that .

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightofBoston

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
You want him back? The guy hasn’t done one thing in the black and gold. Give it a rest. He needs to retire and look out for his health not worrying about you being slighted he shut it down. You have no idea what’s going on with this guy. It’s about his future, not a game of hockey. Hopefully the brass told him he’s all done for his sake.
Do i want him back next yr / no . Do I think he is our best skilled option this yr if someone gets hurt / yes . He is a very good player that does everything well - offense defense but he isn't a great scorer . Maybe he does need to retire and look after his health . That is his decision to make .
And I one hundred percent agree I have zero clue what is going on with him . Obviously some on here do and I am not saying you are implying that so they can tell me

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I really hope we see Carlo again not too far down the road . He is an absolute beast defensively and we really have no replacement for him . It looked bad last night but I will keep my fingers crossed .

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I heard him say that Carlo will be RE-EVALUATED in the morning. If you look on league's concussion protocol, the player must fail an acute test and be diagnosed with a concussion before being placed in said protocol. I haven't heard anything about Carlo failing the test.

Ok, now I see the full quote, which is better. His comments were summarized by a different news source as saying he was not ruling him out, but that's not fully accurate.

Reactions: HustleB

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
In regards to Carlo, one of my brothers texted me last night, "Looks like the face of a man who has had concussions before and knows it just happened again." I can't say that I disagree. He got up, but he wobbled down the tunnel and his face told a tale of a dejection

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

Yes, either say nothing or be ultra cautious. It's dangerous to let a player know the coach and City think he can come back publicly like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille