Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl
Patrice Bergeron started working out this morning. Still no timetable for his return to Boston's lineup.

Also, Bruins tweet said McQuaid is traveling with the team.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Great news, let him rest as long as he needs to, but working out is a great start.

The hit did not look too harsh and I am just glad the guy is ok.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl
Patrice Bergeron started working out this morning. Still no timetable for his return to Boston's lineup.

Nice!

The Yeti coming over, Kelly back and both of those guys back by the playoffs (hopefully).

It all seems to be coming together at the right time. :crossfing

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl

Great news, things are looking up!

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
I wonder who that wise gentleman was who said we'd hear about Bergeron by today in the last thread?

>_>
<_<

:sarcasm:

In all seriousness, great news.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl

Very very happy about this. Bergy working out is an extremely great sign

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl

Awesome! Great news. He'll get as much time as he needs, we have no rush for him to come back before the playoffs.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Oddly enough I was actually glad to hear that he had a nasty bruise from the hit. That means he got tagged pretty hard even though it looked pretty harmless at the time. Would definitely have me a little more concerned if he had gotten concussed off of really light contact but this seems like the sort of thing that would have hurt anyone.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
KPD says Bergeron is skating

4561-pooooooooweeeeeeeeer

Turk 16

May 3, 2011
South Shore, MA
Oddly enough I was actually glad to hear that he had a nasty bruise from the hit. That means he got tagged pretty hard even though it looked pretty harmless at the time. Would definitely have me a little more concerned if he had gotten concussed off of really light contact but this seems like the sort of thing that would have hurt anyone.

Good point. Camera angle must have been misleading because it looked like pretty much incidental contact on the tube.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I'm so ****ing mad about that Marchand hit. What a crock of ****. I don't care if Volchenkov left the game, someone should have instigated a GD fight.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I know it looks bad, but Marchand has not been diagnosed with a concussion yet. Can we at least wait till we know before we go saying it's a concussion?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm so ****ing mad about that Marchand hit. What a crock of ****. I don't care if Volchenkov left the game, someone should have instigated a GD fight.

Volchenkov may be 230 but he is not a fighter and would not engage

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
As far as Marchand I'd wager they were up 4-1 and thought that the combination of the two injuries to him in the game and the lead that it was time to shut him down for the night.

Marchand returns the same game as Bergeron. Just a hopeful guess that they all return with the Yeti.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Volchenkov may be 230 but he is not a fighter and would not engage

I meant on anyone else once he was tossed. I recognize that's unlikely but that deserved at least an attempt at retribution on a teammate.

But now that you mention it, someone should have socked Anton in the face, too.

cashman rules*

Sad response by boston,Soupy and Ference right there and do nothing...very typical of the big bad:)shakehead) bruins this year..makes me sick to my stomach.

Samsonov14

Best chimp ever
Nov 5, 2002
Wilmington, NC
Visit site
I hope Bergeron makes it back soon. I've been a Bruins fan since I was six- more than 30 years ago. I love how he plays the game, and how he can see the whole ice surface. My old favorite players were Bourque and Axelsson for how they could dissect passing lanes and know where their teammates would be.

After 4 concussions, I have to worry that Patrice Bergeron might be done soon. I love the Bruins, but I'm just a fan. Bergeron has to worry about himself. Dude's head has been rattled a bunch of times. I don't want him to end up like Mohammed Ali.

What a great second round pick, until he got his 1st big concussion. He sucked for a while, and then he became amazing again, only in a different way. Call me a Nancy, but I hope he isn't rushed back.

He was a huge part of the Bruins' Cup Run. He's been a huge part of the team this year. That being said, I'd rather see him quit playing than hear that he suffers from headaches, dizziness, and tiredness for the rest of his life.

This is what happens when you get old, I guess. You worry about your favorite players, who are now 15 years younger than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad