Injury Report: Bruins 2013 Injury Thread ‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/04/tyler_seguin_de_1.html
• Adam McQuaid, who was expected to miss 4-6 weeks after suffering a shoulder strain, was back on the ice and skated with the team for the first time since suffering his injury.

• Chris Kelly (broken left tibia), who traveled with the team to Montreal and sat out for the 14th straight game Saturday, was also back on the ice, skating with the team. On Friday, when Kelly skated for the first time with the team, coach Claude Julien indicated his status was "day to day."

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Joe Haggerty via Twitter:

"Chris Kelly says that he's been medically cleared to play, and he'll be good to go tonight vs the Hurricanes"

https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/status/321277941755559936

Also in one of the articles Wally has posted below it says McQuaid has stated skating with the guys...

Defenseman Adam McQuaid joined the full squad for practice for the first time since he strained his shoulder March 19 in Winnipeg. McQuaid was ruled out for tonight’s game at the Garden against the Carolina Hurricanes but is progressing, according to Julien.

Last edited:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Following practice, Coach said there was no further update yet on Bergeron’s status and that he would update the media when the B’s knew more.

Coach noted that a “situation like that is very unknown; we’ll certainly update you guys when the news starts getting positive and he’s headed in the right direction.â€

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=664608

Not good. I don't like the sound of that, implying that as of right now there is no good news or any positives about Bergeron yet.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Following practice, Coach said there was no further update yet on Bergeron’s status and that he would update the media when the B’s knew more.

Coach noted that a “situation like that is very unknown; we’ll certainly update you guys when the news starts getting positive and he’s headed in the right direction.â€

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=664608

Not good. I don't like the sound of that, implying that as of right now there is no good news or any positives about Bergeron yet.

CP, not sure if it was that article or another, but they also stated that the days vary, some good then some bad.

So don't let the thought of no good news be a bad thing. It's his brain we are dealing with, so lets give it time.

Stay positive and keep praying.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
There not going to say anything on PB until you hear about him either on the bike of skating on his own which is the same tact they've taken with everyone's concussion.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I also have the feeling the team isn't going to rush Bergeron-it is clear right now just how important this man is to the success of the team, and they aren't going to take unneeded risks. Learned the hard way with Savard what rushing a player back from concussion can do.

My hope is that Bergeron will be back for the playoffs.

Glad Kelly is returning. At the very least the team can use him on faceoffs and the PK. Maybe skating with Seguin he will find his game again. Kelly was pretty successful last season when he and Seguin skated together.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
It stinks about Bergy he is truely a great player. I believe that he will need to be replaced somehow in the near future. I say this because I can see him hanging up the skates at an early age perhaps even at the end of his current contract. Head injuries are things that build up in someone. once you have one you are more likely to get another and as we saw on this last one it doesn't have to be a monster hit like on Horton in the cup finals. I hope he comes back this year and plays great with no set backs. You just really have to question his longevity for his career. I don't mean that in a bad way about him either. Savard continues to have problems to this day as far as i know.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Let's face it...Bergy is 1 cold-**** away from CAREER OVER.

As much as I have love him, we need backup plans. As a GM, I would look at dealing him in the offseason if he is healthy in the playoffs...or during the season next year.

The problem is the return might not be significant because of other GMs being very wary.

What I wouldn't do is sign him to another Savard contract.

So, the problem the Bs will have if they do resign him is Bergy and agent wanting 5-7 years and the Bruins offering 1-2 years at a time to avoid issues with the contract down the road.

Really really tough situation. In the NFL, he would probably be released.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

As much as I have love him, we need backup plans. As a GM, I would look at dealing him in the offseason if he is healthy in the playoffs...or during the season next year.

The problem is the return might not be significant because of other GMs being very wary.

So, the problem the Bs will have if they do resign him is Bergy and agent wanting 5-7 years and the Bruins offering 1-2 years at a time to avoid issues with the contract down the road.

----
Doesn't Bergeron have a NTC or something like that. If he refuses to be move, you are letting him walk next year!

Your argument are based on what, medical evaluation or your feeling based on no real information, because this is the case, nothing does come out of this last event, might be wrong but I did not read any info since Chiarelli.

If you are also right, who would trade for HIM! He is one hit away... of career ending.

To conclude my post, every player is one hit away like everyone are one day close to the end. It's only a question of perspective.

Let's wait for the information before jumping on a drama tv show!

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
CP, not sure if it was that article or another, but they also stated that the days vary, some good then some bad.

concussions are crazy injuries. perspective is so different if you ever had one - i remember for years wondering why these guys would sit out for so long. figured that you sit out for 7-10 days and everything is fine. having had a concussion personally and more recently, i can say it's a very unpredictable and frustrating injury. one minute you feel ok, the next you're staring into space wondering if it's nap time or why there's no milk and cookies. hoping for the best with bergeron - both for his well-being and his career. obviously the guy's passion in life is hockey, and would be happy to see him back on the ice.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
concussions are crazy injuries. perspective is so different if you ever had one - i remember for years wondering why these guys would sit out for so long. figured that you sit out for 7-10 days and everything is fine. having had a concussion personally and more recently, i can say it's a very unpredictable and frustrating injury. one minute you feel ok, the next you're staring into space wondering if it's nap time or why there's no milk and cookies. hoping for the best with bergeron - both for his well-being and his career. obviously the guy's passion in life is hockey, and would be happy to see him back on the ice.

That is so true what your saying.

I believe I'm in the old crowd where you didn't do the follow up stuff and just went on with what you were doing.

Looking back I know I've suffered a few and they really do suck.

On a side note hope you have recovered or are recovering with no problems.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Haven't seen this posted:

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 10h
Bergeron pal says star Bruins pivot 'encouraged' by last week's neuro exam.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I was out of town, in the back woods of Virginia with no news.
How did Patrice get a concussion ?

Elbow from Colin Greening in the Ottawa game last week. Not a dirty play at all. Both guys were racing for a loose puck in front of the net and Greening stuck out his arm to fend off Bergy and Bergy ran right into his elbow. On first watch nobody knew what the injury on the play was because the contact looked pretty light, but the elbow caught him right under the ear. Bergy immediately got up and skated off on his own power so it didn't look too bad at the time.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

I am really glad you are not our GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino