Injury Report: Bruins ‘23 - ‘24 Injured List

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Boston lost goaltender Linus Ullmark (lower body) and forward Matt Poitras (upper body) Tuesday, a night after defenseman Brandon Carlo left with an upper-body injury in the shootout loss to the Avalanche.
Poitras isn’t listed on the Bruins’ injury report, but Ullmark and Carlo are questionable for Thursday’s contest.
With Ullmark out, Jeremy Swayman is set to start in net.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Today’s Globe:

Boston lost goaltender Linus Ullmark (lower body) and forward Matt Poitras (upper body) Tuesday, a night after defenseman Brandon Carlo left with an upper-body injury in the shootout loss to the Avalanche.
Poitras isn’t listed on the Bruins’ injury report, but Ullmark and Carlo are questionable for Thursday’s contest.
With Ullmark out, Jeremy Swayman is set to start in net.

If it's being questionable, I assume that means it's not too serious?

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
About a week or so ago I posted that it seems, year in and year out, the Bruins have more injuries than all or most other teams. Almost all who responded pointed out that we "technically" DON'T. Now comes Linus, Poitras and Carlo in a bunch.

I thought of rephrasing of the question but I still think "SEEMS LIKE" holds water? How about something along the lines of doesn't it seem the Bruins are more AFFECTED by their number of injuries and WHO is injured than most?

Reactions: Gordoff

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Dupes is a great writer, but he loves to be derogatory towards the players. His insulting nicknames for so many players, especially goalies, is beneath him.

Hard disagree

I think it’s exactly who he is

If that clown had any clue how f#@%'n hard it is to reach the AHL level, he would never use terms like the "WannaBs" in Providence.

Glad I’m not the only one pissed off by that smarmy pseudo intellectual’s nonsense

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
About a week or so ago I posted that it seems, year in and year out, the Bruins have more injuries than all or most other teams. Almost all who responded pointed out that we "technically" DON'T. Now comes Linus, Poitras and Carlo in a bunch.

I thought of rephrasing of the question but I still think "SEEMS LIKE" holds water? How about something along the lines of doesn't it seem the Bruins are more AFFECTED by their number of injuries and WHO is injured than most?

I'm one of those that thinks we definitely don't get a fair shake from the refs because of guys like Marchy.

But your injury take here is just not accurate, and you'd just have to follow other franchises more closely to see that.

I do think our OLDER players wore down in the playoffs, but that's not really much of a take either. Specially with their styles of play.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
are there any reports on Ullmarks injury?
Does anybody know what it is?
back? groin?
I think if it was season ending we definitely wouldve heard something by now.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Hard disagree

I think it’s exactly who he is

Glad I’m not the only one pissed off by that smarmy pseudo intellectual’s nonsense

Right, that kind of shit is only acceptable in places like this.
I'm one of those that thinks we definitely don't get a fair shake from the refs because of guys like Marchy.

But your injury take here is just not accurate, and you'd just have to follow other franchises more closely to see that.

I do think our OLDER players wore down in the playoffs, but that's not really much of a take either. Specially with their styles of play.

Like points 2 and 3 more than point 1. That may have been a legit issue at one time, but I don't think it has been for awhile now.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Late November to Christmas is the annual "Injury Season" for the Bruins.

Every year they lose key players at that time.

Every
year

Its just part of hockey, 80 games is grueling. It tests a teams depth. Which the Bruins dont have this season.

We have a lot of kids getting looks, which is normal and good for development. We may not win as many games with Lohrei and Poitras in the lineup over vets, but its the only way the kids will turn into those players.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Late November to Christmas is the annual "Injury Season" for the Bruins.

Every year they lose key players at that time.

Every
year

Its just part of hockey, 80 games is grueling. It tests a teams depth. Which the Bruins dont have this season.

We have a lot of kids getting looks, which is normal and good for development. We may not win as many games with Lohrei and Poitras in the lineup over vets, but its the only way the kids will turn into those players.

Well then and then the final 3 weeks of the regular season, so everyone is limited in the playoffs

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad