Injury Report: Bruins ‘23 - ‘24 Injured List

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Boqvist! he certainly has not had a lot of time with the main group. I hope he plays. he has a higher floor than Lauko. I can't imagine him finding a role available other than fourth liner, but he should get a chance to take the spot.
Lauko has played 41 games and is still learning the nuances of NHL hockey, he`ll never be a sniper but his ceiling, IMO, hasn`t been reached yet, Boqvist has almost 200 games and has been a pick I`m sure the Devils would have liked a redo on

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I really don't get the Brown callup. The team is starved for offense, so they bring in a guy with zero offensive accumen. Hard pressed to believe that one of Merkulov / McLaughlin / Farinacci would be considered a bigger regression over Brown.
with you there friend

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I really don't get the Brown callup. The team is starved for offense, so they bring in a guy with zero offensive accumen. Hard pressed to believe that one of Merkulov / McLaughlin / Farinacci would be considered a bigger regression over Brown.

Probably because they're in a bit of a skid right now and with defensive responsibilities lacking now that zacha AND chucky are out, they'd rather take a chance on winning 2-1 than losing 5-4.....it's a way, Im not saying I agree with it but it's a way

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

There is a reason the players down their are in the AHL.

If any off them could help offensively they would already be here. McLaughlin has 6 points in 27 this season. Brown is scoring at a higher rate in Providence.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Forbort needs more time​

Absent from the Bruins’ lineup since being placed on long-term injured reserve on Dec. 7, veteran blue liner Derek Forbort remained sidelined on the first day he was eligible to return.

Forbort did not make the trip, remaining home to continue his rehab. He also will not be with the club for Tuesday’s game at Columbus.

“He’s still a ways away,” said Montgomery. “He’s not day to day. He’s a week [away], anyways.”

Forbort’'s continued absence, though not necessarily a positive for the overall composition of the defense corps, aids general manager Don Sweeney in managing the club’s salary cap. Forbort, 31, is in the final year of a three-year pact that carries a $3 million annual cap hit.

Forbort, dealing with a groin injury much of the season, remains “off payroll” in cap terms, allowing Sweeney to use those dollars elsewhere, such as bringing up rookie center Georgii Merkulov from Providence. Merkulov, paid $80,000 in the AHL, jumped to $925,000 with his promotion on Friday (all numbers excluding his annual signing bonus of $92,500).

Forbort last suited up Dec. 3, logging 18:09 in ice time against the Blue Jackets.

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Today’s Globe:

Forbort needs more time​

Absent from the Bruins’ lineup since being placed on long-term injured reserve on Dec. 7, veteran blue liner Derek Forbort remained sidelined on the first day he was eligible to return.

Forbort did not make the trip, remaining home to continue his rehab. He also will not be with the club for Tuesday’s game at Columbus.

“He’s still a ways away,” said Montgomery. “He’s not day to day. He’s a week [away], anyways.”

Forbort’'s continued absence, though not necessarily a positive for the overall composition of the defense corps, aids general manager Don Sweeney in managing the club’s salary cap. Forbort, 31, is in the final year of a three-year pact that carries a $3 million annual cap hit.

Forbort, dealing with a groin injury much of the season, remains “off payroll” in cap terms, allowing Sweeney to use those dollars elsewhere, such as bringing up rookie center Georgii Merkulov from Providence. Merkulov, paid $80,000 in the AHL, jumped to $925,000 with his promotion on Friday (all numbers excluding his annual signing bonus of $92,500).

Forbort last suited up Dec. 3, logging 18:09 in ice time against the Blue Jackets.
It's ok Derek take your time wotherspoon holding the fort till you can come.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Today’s Globe:

Forbort needs more time​

Bummer

Reactions: StrBender

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Watching Ian Mitchell out there made me miss Forbort. It will be good to see him back eventually. Thankfully Lindholm looks like he's finally gotten past whatever what ailing him for pretty much the entire season up until the Christmas break. Gryz is clearly still dealing with something and he's looked like the being in the same boat as Lindholm- not great since the start of the season. I am glad Lohrei has transitioned to the NHL as well as he has and that Wotherspoon is looking like a solid 7th guy you can use when needed. Things could have been real ugly otherwise.

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Any news? I'm on pin and needles here.
This has to be good listing them day to day.
1704917020677.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad