News Article: Brooklyn/Belmont Arena Discussion (Islanders to play 20 games at NVMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
  • December 1, 7 p.m. vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
  • December 10, 7 p.m. vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
  • December 15, 7 p.m. vs. Detroit Red Wings
  • January 3, 7 p.m. vs. Chicago Blackhawks
  • January 8, 7 p.m. vs. Carolina Hurricanes
  • January 17, 7 p.m. vs. New Jersey Devils
  • January 20, 3 p.m. vs. Anaheim Ducks
  • February 1, 7 p.m. vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
  • February 2, 7 p.m. vs. Los Angeles Kings
  • February 26, 7 p.m. vs. Calgary Flames
  • March 1, 7 p.m. vs. Washington Capitals
  • March 3, 3 p.m. vs. Philadelphia Flyers
  • March 5, 7 p.m. vs. Ottawa Senators
  • March 9, 7 p.m. vs. Philadelphia Flyers
  • March 11, 7 p.m. vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
  • March 14, 7 p.m. vs. Montreal Canadiens
  • March 19, 7 p.m. vs. Boston Bruins
  • March 24, 3 p.m. vs. Arizona Coyotes
  • March 30, 7 p.m. vs. Buffalo Sabres
  • April 1, 7 p.m. vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
NO GAMES AT BARCLAYS AFTER FEB 28th

I cannot remember the last time we had that many home games in March. It seems like its always a permanent road trip

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
zero game at Brooklyn after February, wondering what the rational for that, if the Islanders are making the playoffs I am assuming they are going to have NYCB as the home ice because I am doubting they are going to go back to Brooklyn after 2 months of not playing there

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I only counted 9 back to backs...that has to be the fewest in years if I counted right. I don't like the Cali road trip in October. It seems early in the year when the team is rusty that never is good

Ziggy16

Mar 1, 2005
theres 13 back to backs.. and our bye week falls during the all star break, so we have 9 days off at the end of january

we are road heavy in october b/c barclays is 90% booked, so they could only fit 3 games in, thus the coliseum loaded schedule at the end of the year..

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This has to help JT situation a lot. They are making it tough to Walk

You mean Wang is, right? :sarcasm:;)

Am I the only one who thinks this happened to keep JT?

8 more games for a single season? Meh, I'd say it's unlikely though Staple is reporting it might have some impact. I'm wondering if they did so well selling the original coliseum tickets that they expanded it because it's more profitable than Barclays. Either that, or they actually care about their fans...which seems odd...as a life long Islanders fan. :huh::laugh:

Reactions: Eberzal

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I just want to see when someone shows up to the wrong arena.

PHOTO-1_WarnerBros_NationalLampoonsVacation.jpg

Shimmy Cocopop

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks this happened to keep JT?

All of this may be a coincidence or everything that has happened this offseaoff-was a product of JTs demands to transform this franchise into what it has become.
I've been a harsh critic if JT but he may be more manipulative than we give him credit for.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
All of this may be a coincidence or everything that has happened this offseaoff-was a product of JTs demands to transform this franchise into what it has become.
I've been a harsh critic if JT but he may be more manipulative than we give him credit for.

Brisson is a major player in this. He is one of the power agents for a reason. Before Lou, I think it was rumored Malkin talked to him about joining the Isles.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I only counted 9 back to backs...that has to be the fewest in years if I counted right. I don't like the Cali road trip in October. It seems early in the year when the team is rusty that never is good

Disagree here. I always like to see an early season road trip, it gets the team chemistry really going.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
  • December 1, 7 p.m. vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
  • December 10, 7 p.m. vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
  • December 15, 7 p.m. vs. Detroit Red Wings
  • January 3, 7 p.m. vs. Chicago Blackhawks
  • January 8, 7 p.m. vs. Carolina Hurricanes
  • January 17, 7 p.m. vs. New Jersey Devils
  • January 20, 3 p.m. vs. Anaheim Ducks
  • February 1, 7 p.m. vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
  • February 2, 7 p.m. vs. Los Angeles Kings
  • February 26, 7 p.m. vs. Calgary Flames
  • March 1, 7 p.m. vs. Washington Capitals
  • March 3, 3 p.m. vs. Philadelphia Flyers
  • March 5, 7 p.m. vs. Ottawa Senators
  • March 9, 7 p.m. vs. Philadelphia Flyers
  • March 11, 7 p.m. vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
  • March 14, 7 p.m. vs. Montreal Canadiens
  • March 19, 7 p.m. vs. Boston Bruins
  • March 24, 3 p.m. vs. Arizona Coyotes
  • March 30, 7 p.m. vs. Buffalo Sabres
  • April 1, 7 p.m. vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
NO GAMES AT BARCLAYS AFTER FEB 28th

Including playoffs...?

giphy.gif

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
Interesting. I was planning a short trip to New York for next spring. 4 or 5 nights in Manhattan and couple games at Barclays. Now I need to think this over again. Either I make the trip on january (home and home with Rangers), february (backtoback Col and Min) or later in spring and visit Coliseum fot a game (cant be bothered to travel to Nassau for two games and wont be able to convince my girlfriend in staying in Nassau for two nights).

How much more of a hassle is it to get to Nassau from Manhattan, as opposed to Barclays. Google maps says you can make the trip to Coliseum in under an hour by car, or 1h 30min by train is this actually possible?

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Interesting. I was planning a short trip to New York for next spring. 4 or 5 nights in Manhattan and couple games at Barclays. Now I need to think this over again. Either I make the trip on january (home and home with Rangers), february (backtoback Col and Min) or later in spring and visit Coliseum fot a game (cant be bothered to travel to Nassau for two games and wont be able to convince my girlfriend in staying in Nassau for two nights).

How much more of a hassle is it to get to Nassau from Manhattan, as opposed to Barclays. Google maps says you can make the trip to Coliseum in under an hour by car, or 1h 30min by train is this actually possible?

No train goes directly to the Coliseum, so you'd have to taxi it after you get out on the Island. It's a bit of a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad