News Article: Brooklyn/Belmont Arena Discussion (Islanders to play 20 games at NVMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Updated to reflect the latest development (6/21/18):

The Islanders will play an additional eight games at NYCB LIVE’s Nassau Coliseum during the 2018-19 season, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced Thursday.

The increase means the Islanders will play 20 of their 82 games next season at the Uniondale venue they called home from 1972-2015. They will play a total of 68 games there in the next three seasons, part of a split schedule with Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Islanders add 8 more games to Coliseum schedule

Islanders Are Said to Return to Nassau Coliseum for 12 Games

'By
Scott Soshnick
and
Eben Novy-Williams
26 January 2018, 16:07 GMT-8

The New York Islanders will play 12 home games next season at the renovated Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, rekindling ties with Long Island fans ahead of a move back from Brooklyn, according to people familiar with the matter.

The remaining 29 matchups will be played at the Islanders’ home of the past three years, the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing private information. Both venues are owned by Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov’s Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment.

If the Coliseum games are successful, the team could split time evenly between Barclays and Nassau in the following seasons until construction is completed on the Islanders’ new home in Elmont, New York, the people said. An announcement with Governor Andrew Cuomo is likely to be made on Monday...'

Last edited:

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I just said to my wife, who’s the fat guy sitting next to clutterbuck. She’s like, that’s Billy Joel. My god he looks like a fat janitor. Put on a suit or a button up or something.

Reactions: majormet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad