Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

priester

Jan 19, 2017
Barclays Question

I bought tickets off StubHub and they say "CK VIP Entrance" on them. Does this mean they have the Ice Pass, or are their other packages that have access to the Entrance but not the other stuff?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Sorry guys, on bouncy train coming in for game tonight. Can't read whole thread.

Any good micro breweries with good food within walking distance to arena?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I bought tickets off StubHub and they say "CK VIP Entrance" on them. Does this mean they have the Ice Pass, or are their other packages that have access to the Entrance but not the other stuff?

Not necessarily. I think it just means you have premium seats and can use that entrance.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Just wanted to thank whoever recommended Morgan's for pregame food. 45 minute wait, but knew that coming in. Very delicious and worth the wait, and a quick walk back to the Barc.

masa90

Jul 4, 2014
Hi, im arriving to my first game on Barclays Center in late march to see the game against the Predators. Few questions: is there some kind of place where i can store my camera ? I would love to go photographing after the game, but getting to manhattan again to get my gear would be bit of an hassle.

Also, is there the possibility of going to any place to watch the warm ups?

I havent been to an Islanders game since going to Islanders-Rangers game on the last season of the nvmc.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Hi, im arriving to my first game on Barclays Center in late march to see the game against the Predators. Few questions: is there some kind of place where i can store my camera ? I would love to go photographing after the game, but getting to manhattan again to get my gear would be bit of an hassle.

Also, is there the possibility of going to any place to watch the warm ups?

I havent been to an Islanders game since going to Islanders-Rangers game on the last season of the nvmc.

How big is the camera. They don't usually give you **** as long as you don't have like a 3 foot lense.

masa90

Jul 4, 2014
How big is the camera. They don't usually give you **** as long as you don't have like a 3 foot lense.

It is a small microcamera. So far have not had any problems in NVMC, MSG or Prudential Center. In BB&T Center they really did not care that much, there i had a big lens on my proper camera.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It is a small microcamera. So far have not had any problems in NVMC, MSG or Prudential Center. In BB&T Center they really did not care that much, there i had a big lens on my proper camera.

I don't see how it's any different than a cell phone at that point.

masa90

Jul 4, 2014
Zooming and stopping the action is the difference, with microcamera i mean nikon 1v1. It is tiny camera but still better than my phone haha. So i guess i gotta try and see how it goes and hope for the best.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Zooming and stopping the action is the difference, with microcamera i mean nikon 1v1. It is tiny camera but still better than my phone haha. So i guess i gotta try and see how it goes and hope for the best.

Ya, this won't be a problem for sure.

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
obstructed view seats

Is it ever worth sitting in obstructed view seats even if it is so cheap....sorry if this might have been asked before...anyone care to share their experiences good or bad....thanks

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Is it ever worth sitting in obstructed view seats even if it is so cheap....sorry if this might have been asked before...anyone care to share their experiences good or bad....thanks

I sat in some obstructed view seats for the playoffs last year. Couldn't see the net when people leaned forward/stood up a bit, and missed one of the corners. I'd do it again for the playoffs, wouldn't want to be bothered with the inconvenience for a regular season game. If they're $5 that's one thing, but anything more than $15 and I'd say absolutely not for a regular season game.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016

If it's a large difference for a big game, I'd sit there (and I have: Rangers, last year's game 6). But if the price difference is about 15-20% (which I usually find to be the case) I'd rather spend the extra money and actually get to see the whole game.

Almost every seat past the blue line is obstructed in some way. Generally the closer to center ice you are the less obstruction.

masa90

Jul 4, 2014
I think the stadium in itself is really nice!
The obstructed views are really shame though, but i think it would be shame to see the team move again. Also big plus on how easy it is to get to the Barclays.

Lord at War

Mar 27, 2017
L.I. Sound Shore
Barclays Center is hugely underrated. Great neighborhood around the arena for pre and post game action, easy to get to on public transit, in many ways this area is the right place in the right spot. It is a shame that it has so much negativity surrounding it, the truth of the matter is that it is an excellent spot for the Islanders to remain on Long Island and grow their fanbase with new urban fans.

The key thing is avoid a few of the obstructed view sections, but some of the obstructed view sections are not bad at all and provide excellent value.

Obstructed view sections that provide excellent value

Obstructed View Sections to avoid

For food I suggest Naco Macho for delicious Mexican, Artichoke for Pizza and The Montrose for Liquid refreshments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad