Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Thanks! Its kinda annoying if you don't live by a main train line. I guess i will just find a bar nearby and get a beer or three after the game if i need to wait for the later train.

Yeah, it would be nice if they could run extra shuttle trains for other lines, but I realize just getting 4 extra trains is no small feat because this is the LIRR we're talking about.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Where can we print StubHub tickets near Barclays? Besides the $5/ticket guys on the sidewalk.

And when the hell is the arena going to join us in the 21st century and let everyone scan our phones?

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Where can we print StubHub tickets near Barclays? Besides the $5/ticket guys on the sidewalk.

And when the hell is the arena going to join us in the 21st century and let everyone scan our phones?

Why not just print them at work or home before leaving for the game?

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013

Because if you forget to print them it's a huge pain in the ass to get it done at the last minute. If they are scan-able with the phones then there's no having to remember or bring anything.

I thought the pre-game was yesterday was a lot of fun. Barclays crowd was OK. It got pretty loud late in the game. It's still nice to be able to go to the bathroom and get back before the intermission ends.

dcv2002

Jun 22, 2006
I remember going to the Jets game on Columbus Day last year and bought tickets on StubHub and was able to scan off phone.

Volek25

Apr 23, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Kind of strange, but I signed up for that mobile pass isles thing and was sent the free tickets to my phone, went to the rags preseason game on 10/4. Went to the box office window and they said, don't have to print and they scanned my phone and let me know no problem.

Went to game last night, had tickets on my phone but on a webpage and they said can't scan those have to print them at box office. Which they did no problem, but takes some time and now I'm not sure what the deal is. Can they scan or not? They really need to make it so they can scan your phone, I agree. I'm sure safe to say, most people have tickets on their phone.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
They probably only want you scanning your phone through their authorized outlets to try and make it a pain in the ass for those that buy on StubHub.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Because if you forget to print them it's a huge pain in the ass to get it done at the last minute. If they are scan-able with the phones then there's no having to remember or bring anything.

I thought the pre-game was yesterday was a lot of fun. Barclays crowd was OK. It got pretty loud late in the game. It's still nice to be able to go to the bathroom and get back before the intermission ends.

Not trying to be a dick but like.... whose fault is that?

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
For anyone who's been there did they change any concessions?

I do print from work before I go to a midweek game. I like to wait until about an hour or so before the game while prices crash. Minimum 3 hours. I just couldn't have it both ways yesterday. I ended up staying home because the last thing I wanted was to haul ass to get the bus to the failroad, get off the train after puck drop, only to find out I couldn't print my ticket (I'm such a pessimist.) Now I remember why I stopped going to weekend games.

I'm not buying a home printer for the sole purpose of printing tickets. It's 2016 and there is literally one other thing I would need to print: prepaid postage because my patience for the USPS has evaporated. Which is also once in a blue because I haven't shipped anything since I quit online book swaps four years ago.

They probably only want you scanning your phone through their authorized outlets to try and make it a pain in the ass for those that buy on StubHub.

Making it a pain in the ass is not an effective way to control the secondary market, look at Yankees games. They eventually re-integrated with StubHub after 3.5 years. And you can still get in almost every game for $10.

Silly me I forgot they don't want me in because I'm not rich.

On that note, $17 unobstructed tickets for the home opener is a good look at why they really don't need to increase the capacity of the arena. Other than Rangers and playoff games, they're not going to fill every seat.

But getting back to my question, one of the businesses has to offer printing, even if it's a little further away. Or do they all hate us that much?

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

worst case is you can take a subway ride to Times Square to the StubHub LMP center. They will gladly print them for you for free.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
worst case is you can take a subway ride to Times Square to the StubHub LMP center. They will gladly print them for you for free.

Doh, I forgot this was an option. Thanks!

Yeah, tickets are going for $6 now, I can only imagine prices will continue to drop as it gets closer to game time.

$6 seems to be StubHub's floor. But what I don't remember seeing last year was nonobstructed seats at the floor. I already have my tickets but I am really curious as to where ice-level seating ends for tonight.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I believe I've asked this before, but what are the best pregame bars within a few blocks of the Barclays center? In terms of both beer price, atmosphere, and concentration of Islanders fans?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

I think it depends on where you buy them. If you purchase on some sites, you get a QR code on your phone instead of PDFs.

If anyone knows what sites those are, let me know.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What's the parking situation like? We're driving in from Philadelphia

The two times I went last year, one regular season game and one playoff game, I was able to find street parking no problem. First time I parked one/two blocks from the arena on Dean Street without an issue and the playoff game I parked 10 blocks away down on Carroll Street (mostly because I wanted to check out the old neighborhood and I didn't try to find closer parking).

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
The two times I went last year, one regular season game and one playoff game, I was able to find street parking no problem. First time I parked one/two blocks from the arena on Dean Street without an issue and the playoff game I parked 10 blocks away down on Carroll Street (mostly because I wanted to check out the old neighborhood and I didn't try to find closer parking).

Should I load up on quarters or is street parking free?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Should I load up on quarters or is street parking free?

Not necessary. You should be able to find free parking on the side streets. Just leave a little extra time to go around if you don't find a spot on your first pass.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Not necessary. You should be able to find free parking on the side streets. Just leave a little extra time to go around if you don't find a spot on your first pass.

Awesome. Thanks!

What about opposing team jerseys? Will I receive anything more than light heckling?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad