Nassau Coliseum FAQ/Visitor Info

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
What's the parking situation like? We're driving in from Philadelphia

Plenty of street parking as long as you're willing to walk 5/10 minutes. Most of the free parking is past the back end of the arena, not closer to the end with the main entrance.

eastcoast72

Sep 19, 2011
Coming into NYC for the weekend in November and would like to check out the game vs. Pens on Friday Nov.18th. I can get decent lower bowl seats for $100 each (face value $140) on the Ticketmaster resale site. Should I play it safe and grab those or are there better (and safe) deals from scalpers on night of game ? Do the Pens draw a larger crowd ?

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Coming into NYC for the weekend in November and would like to check out the game vs. Pens on Friday Nov.18th. I can get decent lower bowl seats for $100 each (face value $140) on the Ticketmaster resale site. Should I play it safe and grab those or are there better (and safe) deals from scalpers on night of game ? Do the Pens draw a larger crowd ?

StubHub. I have never had a problem with them in 7 years. Just print your tix before the game. Check out the prices now, but hold out for a better deal.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Kind of a stupid question, but if I'm looking to bring a couple of sandwiches from my favorite LI deli to Brooklyn, any idea where I can sit preferably indoors with my buddies and eat em? I can always eat em on a bench outside of Barclays, but in the rain i wouldn't want to. No shot for eating on the train because that's prime pregame time lol. Ask this only cause its been a tradition at the coliseum, and we really haven't found a great remedy yet :cry:

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Kind of a stupid question, but if I'm looking to bring a couple of sandwiches from my favorite LI deli to Brooklyn, any idea where I can sit preferably indoors with my buddies and eat em? I can always eat em on a bench outside of Barclays, but in the rain i wouldn't want to. No shot for eating on the train because that's prime pregame time lol. Ask this only cause its been a tradition at the coliseum, and we really haven't found a great remedy yet :cry:

Any bar that doesn't serve food will be happy to have you. Uncle Barry's and the Cherry Tree are safe bets. If you're up for a walk, get a pint of Sixpoint at the Gate and eat outside.

TyMy57

Enroth is God
Jun 29, 2011
Buffalo
Hi all, will be making the trip to Brooklyn from Buffalo when the UFC comes to down in February. Obviously I've read the problems they are having with the ice and the views of certain sections and I have to ask...is the quality of hockey worth going to? Obviously it's a big city, there are other things to do, but I thought I'd ask.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Taking the GF to the Pens game this Friday. How are seats in 228 row 2? StubHub shows limited view but the pic from aviewfrommyseat.com in row 3 doesn't look that bad.

frank-20130923103756.jpg

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Hi all, will be making the trip to Brooklyn from Buffalo when the UFC comes to down in February. Obviously I've read the problems they are having with the ice and the views of certain sections and I have to ask...is the quality of hockey worth going to? Obviously it's a big city, there are other things to do, but I thought I'd ask.

Depends where you sit, really. Tickets have been so cheap lately that you could probably snag some good ones on the secondary market.

Taking the GF to the Pens game this Friday. How are seats in 228 row 2? StubHub shows limited view but the pic from aviewfrommyseat.com in row 3 doesn't look that bad.

frank-20130923103756.jpg

I sat in a similar seat on the other corner. It's not the worst view in the world, but I wouldn't pay to sit there for a regular season game. That view is without anyone in front of you, which will become a little bit of an issue. I'd sit elsewhere, depending on the cost. Row 1 in that section would be pretty good though.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

frank-20130923103756.jpg

The view becomes more limited the lower you go. Assuming the person took the photo with the camera above eye level, a row lower it would be more cut off. Secondary market is so cheap that you can get amazing seats pretty cheap.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Depends where you sit, really. Tickets have been so cheap lately that you could probably snag some good ones on the secondary market.

I sat in a similar seat on the other corner. It's not the worst view in the world, but I wouldn't pay to sit there for a regular season game. That view is without anyone in front of you, which will become a little bit of an issue. I'd sit elsewhere, depending on the cost. Row 1 in that section would be pretty good though.

Thanks for the reply. We've got row 2. Hopefully it won't be awful. She's just happy to be going. Me? It's bad enough she's a Penguins fan. :shakehead

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
The view becomes more limited the lower you go. Assuming the person took the photo with the camera above eye level, a row lower it would be more cut off. Secondary market is so cheap that you can get amazing seats pretty cheap.

Seeing as I took her out to Pittsburgh last week for a game against Minnesota, I was looking for really cheap. Saw these for $25 each. She'll be thrilled just to be at the game.

What would the likelihood be we could move back a few rows once the game is well underway?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

What kind of question is that? It's NHL hockey. Do you know of any higher quality?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Seeing as I took her out to Pittsburgh last week for a game against Minnesota, I was looking for really cheap. Saw these for $25 each. She'll be thrilled just to be at the game.

What would the likelihood be we could move back a few rows once the game is well underway?

Pretty easy...... PM me with your phone number, I may be able to get you better seats for that price.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

They just sent a promo email that if you buy seats you can get a $20 food credit to either of the Pens games.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Thanks for the reply. We've got row 2. Hopefully it won't be awful. She's just happy to be going. Me? It's bad enough she's a Penguins fan. :shakehead

Shouldn't be too bad. I think I was row 3 in the playoffs and I'd do it again for the price.

I don't know that moving up will help really, there will be more heads in the way. Can always scope it out though.

Jani8

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Hi all,

We're coming to Barclays to see the Winnipeg or Carolina game in March or both :laugh:

Are there any sections to avoid as in sh***y viewing experience? We're coming from Manhattan so getting there shouldn't be a problem. Could you recommend a good pre-game bar where you can grab a bite to eat and slam down few beers with fellow hockey fans.

Another question: When we were in Nassau Coliseum couple of years ago, the atmosphere was really good as in lots of noise and Rangers heckling. How is Barclays atmosphere compared to the old Nassau Coliseum?

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Hi all,

We're coming to Barclays to see the Winnipeg or Carolina game in March or both :laugh:

Are there any sections to avoid as in sh***y viewing experience? We're coming from Manhattan so getting there shouldn't be a problem. Could you recommend a good pre-game bar where you can grab a bite to eat and slam down few beers with fellow hockey fans.

Another question: When we were in Nassau Coliseum couple of years ago, the atmosphere was really good as in lots of noise and Rangers heckling. How is Barclays atmosphere compared to the old Nassau Coliseum?

The tix in the lower bowl are affordable and most have 'normal' views so just avoid all the headache and pay a little more for an enjoyable time.

In March, right now, looks like Isles may be on the outside of the playoff race so they'll be plenty of seats and likely little atmosphere.

McKenza

Mar 8, 2006
Hey guys going to the game tonight live in jersey trying to find the easiest way to get there would nj transit to penn station be best or taking the path have no idea any help would be appreciated thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad