WC: Bronze Medal Pre-Game Talk: Czech Republic vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Many teams lack motivation in this game, not just Russia. I expect snoozy game of 2 disappointed teams.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Russia will be the less motivated one and Czechs hopefully manage to win.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
unless Datsyuk is come over there to kick ass and take names its going to be Czechs by at least a couple goals.

SerbianHabs

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow,Russia
2006 Olympics
Russia 2-0 Canada QF
Russia 0-4 Finland SF
Russia 0-3 Czech Republic 3rd Place

2011 World Championships
Russia 2-1 Canada QF
Russia 0-3 Finland SF
Russia 0-2 Czech Republic 3rd Place

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I am a bit surprised that Russia's offense didn't show up in this tournament. Normally i would say that neither team would care much, but they did meet earlier in the tournament in a heated game. Maybe there will be some emotion and it will be a good game between motivated teams, not for the medal but for pride.

Namba 17

May 9, 2011
I don't care about 3-d place at all, so I wish Czech to win, cause Tretyak said that contract with Bykov-Zakharkin will automatically be prolonged if Russia win any medal. I respect Bykov for all he did for team Russia, but everybody has the time to retire and for Bykov such time definitely came.

PeacEnforcer

May 6, 2011
Czechs, u MUST beat us tomorrow, I would even go as far as to ASK u to do so. No, I'm not gonna root against my team - NEVER, I'm actually not even gonna watch this game, 'cause it's totally meaningless: who cares about the bronze anyway?! Yet it's really important that U take the bronze (and I'm being 1000% sincere now), 'cause, as I already pointed out, not only noone here gets a sh.t about the bronze, but much more importantly - this is the only way we can get rid of Bykov and Zacharkin: they have a clause in their contract that, if Russia returns home medal-less, it consitutes a basis for their dismissal. Otherwise it may be very trick:

if we beat u and get this bronze, then they will hide behind our - in many ways opportunisic - win over canada and the bronze medal and we'll have to tolerate them for at least another season, and if they get lucky - probably all the way up to Sochi, which is tantamount to suicide: since under their management our national team has obviously come full circle and now we are exactly where we were when they were first appointed in 2007. I'm actually a little apprehenisve that even if we lose in the bronze medal game, they still may try to hide behind beating the Canadians and entering the medal round for the fifth consecutive time. But it's a long shot, more realistically - they will be gone, since not only there's a explicit contractual clause, but they've also managed to antagonize almost the entire nation by their inadequate behavior and idiotic statements contradicting reality:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant: Not to mention, that over the past two years the quality of our game, particularly the culture of passing - the trademark of our hockey school - has been going downhill, which was in full display in Bratislava. To be honest, I'm not even sure if we were gulity of such atrocious, mindbogglingly abysmal passing ever before in our history:amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed: Needless to say, it's the direct responsibility of the coaching staff:rant::rant:

In other words, THEY MUST GO, and to be on the safe side we need your assistance. So, guys, do oblige us - we won't forget it and do our best to settle the score when it MATTERS.;)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I hope players wont think like audience here. Its not fun to watch unmotivated sports.. but u can blame them thought. They should lie them this is olympic medal, maybe it would help.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Typically the games for bronze medal are much more interesting than gold medal games. I hope this won't be the case tomorrow. I want both games to be exciting.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Czechs, u MUST beat us tomorrow, I would even go as far as to ASK u to do so. No, I'm not gonna root against my team - NEVER, I'm actually not even gonna watch this game, 'cause it's totally meaningless: who cares about the bronze anyway?! Yet it's really important that U take the bronze (and I'm being 1000% sincere now), 'cause, as I already pointed out, not only noone here gets a sh.t about the bronze, but much more importantly - this is the only way we can get rid of Bykov and Zacharkin: they have a clause in their contract that, if Russia returns home medal-less, it consitutes a basis for their dismissal. Otherwise it may be very trick:

if we beat u and get this bronze, then they will hide behind our - in many ways opportunisic - win over canada and the bronze medal and we'll have to tolerate them for at least another season, and if they get lucky - probably all the way up to Sochi, which is tantamount to suicide: since under their management our national team has obviously come full circle and now we are exactly where we were when they were first appointed in 2007. I'm actually a little apprehenisve that even if we lose in the bronze medal game, they still may try to hide behind beating the Canadians and entering the medal round for the fifth consecutive time. But it's a long shot, more realistically - they will be gone, since not only there's a explicit contractual clause, but they've also managed to antagonize almost the entire nation by their inadequate behavior and idiotic statements contradicting reality:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant: Not to mention, that over the past two years the quality of our game, particularly the culture of passing - the trademark of our hockey school - has been going downhill, which was in full display in Bratislava. To be honest, I'm not even sure if we were gulity of such atrocious, mindbogglingly abysmal passing ever before in our history:amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed: Needless to say, it's the direct responsibility of the coaching staff:rant::rant:

In other words, THEY MUST GO, and to be on the safe side we need your assistance. So, guys, do oblige us - we won't forget it and do our best to settle the score when it MATTERS.;)

Hahahahaha. Sounds like a good deal to me. We also have one, very small request. Is there any chance you could somehow 'remove' Artyukin from the team? You know, so he suddenly gets ill or something and can't play.:sarcasm: It would greatly assist us in beating you if our best players weren't at risk from dying a horrible death ;) As for the bronze game being meaningless, this might be true- but it would be a great shame if we came away from this tournament with only a single lost game (so far) without a medal. Bronze or not, for us a medal would be good. Especially since the future of our hockey looks so bleak.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Where are you, TexasTriumph? Your comments on Finland being on Gold Medal game now, didint we have crap team at the start of the tournament? :D

PeacEnforcer

May 6, 2011
Hahahahaha. Sounds like a good deal to me. We also have one, very small request. Is there any chance you could somehow 'remove' Artyukin from the team? You know, so he suddenly gets ill or something and can't play.:sarcasm: It would greatly assist us in beating you if our best players weren't at risk from dying a horrible death ;)

Sorry, mate, no good news on Artyukhin for you, so I'm afraid u will have to deal with him. In fact he is quite a nice and kind guy and I don't think u need to expect a repeat of what happened in the first game;)

As for the bronze game being meaningless, this might be true- but it would be a great shame if we came away from this tournament with only a single lost game (so far) without a medal. Bronze or not, for us a medal would be good.

Well, for once u played well at this tourney and deserve a medal. And if we had played impressively as well, I would probably be disappointed to leave the WC empty-handed, too. But since our performance was nothing short of abysmal a medal is just TOTALLY MEANINGLESS, even worse than that: it can hurt our future, 'cause, as I said before, our coaching staff may use it as a cover, coupled with the win against a pretty strong Canadian team which is always appreciated in Russia, to stay at the helm, which it's totally UNACCEPTABLE:rant::rant: for a myriad of reasons. We need a new man, a new system and a new approach. Period.

. Especially since the future of our hockey looks so bleak.

I have only a vague idea of why u are saying that the future of your hockey "is bleak" (I'm not quite in the picture, to be honest with u), but if it is objectively true, why are your hockey bosses so vehemently opposed to Czech clubs joining the KHL?? It would be a good place to start, don't u think?

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Agreed 100%

Its rare to see so many fans hoping that their team loses, but that seems to be the case for this game. If Russia continues to exhaust 90% of its energy working to try to clear the puck out of their own zone, as has happened so much this tournament, losing won't be a problem. The Czechs have plenty of offensive firepower.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I'm going to say Russia wins this. Czech to me has been the gold medalist favourite all the time during the tournament and i didn't think Sweden could beat them, but they did and i think that broke Czech's invincible aura and they have some big injuries like Havlat and Cervenka and their scoring really suffered from that in the Sweden game.

Russia lost to them twice now in the last 2 weeks. The starting group and Euro Hockey Tour so i'm sure they want to win this bad.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I'm going to say Russia wins this. Czech to me has been the gold medalist favourite all the time during the tournament and i didn't think Sweden could beat them, but they did and i think that broke Czech's invincible aura and they have some big injuries like Havlat and Cervenka and their scoring really suffered from that in the Sweden game.

Russia lost to them twice now in the last 2 weeks. The starting group and Euro Hockey Tour so i'm sure they want to win this bad.

If the players want the coaching staff to be retained, they might fight hard. If not, they might just keep playing as badly as they have throughout the tournament.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

Cervenka isn't injured. He was pulled from the game after he took a stupid penalty that was followed by the Swedes scoring. Whether he should have stayed in the game and not been pulled is a decision must Czech fans are still debating to this moment. I very much doubt that it would have made a difference if he had kept playing. Even though people still argue that the chemistry of all lines was destroyed....

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
I don't care about 3-d place at all, so I wish Czech to win, cause Tretyak said that contract with Bykov-Zakharkin will automatically be prolonged if Russia win any medal. I respect Bykov for all he did for team Russia, but everybody has the time to retire and for Bykov such time definitely came.

In this case, I'll be rooting for Russia for the first time since Pavel Bure was on the team. Hopefully Bykov will be the coach in 2014 @ Sochi;)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
If the players want the coaching staff to be retained, they might fight hard. If not, they might just keep playing as badly as they have throughout the tournament.

Very good point. I kind of think they want to keep him though, but who knows what's really going on. I also wondered why he didn't pull of the goalie at 2:30 or 3:00 didn't Finland get penalty around there, so you couldve gone 6v4 with those sick players. Maybe he doesn't want to continue as the head coach of Russia and prefers to focus on KHL coaching. Most coaches would've done something here or in the first loss vs Finland where he also didn't take timeout or pull goalie to avoid facing Canada (or perhaps the reason was Russia's victory day thing what ever).

Cervenka isn't injured. He was pulled from the game after he took a stupid penalty that was followed by the Swedes scoring.

Wow. I didn't know this. I think having Cervenka gone completely messed up your #1 line's play. Your coaches should be blamed for this. I felt really bad for the Czechs, i knew it would look a lot different if you had 2 of your best offensive players in, but it was just messy due to line chemistry/not much practise together. Well someone could say it was just Sweden making it hard for you but i disagree.

Last edited:

Merydian

klmfk.ru
Jan 7, 2011
Agreed 100%

Bunch of small-minded mother****ers, who is going to fan against it's own team.
Wish you to choke with your treachery, Judases.
:thumbd::thumbd::thumbd:

Last edited:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Very good point. I kind of think they want to keep him though, but who knows what's really going on.
Yeah... I kinda feel like they would be listening to him, playing as team and trying to win if they wanted to keep and be coached by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad