GDT: Bronze Medal Game - May 20 - USA vs Canada

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A fitting fate for this incarnation of Team Canada.

Surprising because they looked decent on paper but were so lackluster on the ice throughout the entire tournament.

At some point you have to look at the coaching.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
So, commentators mentioning 43 Hughes is to be drafted next month. Of course I forgot to check him out. Was he fine?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
A fitting fate for this incarnation of Team Canada.

Surprising because they looked decent on paper but were so lackluster on the ice.
The defense was full of immobile players with low IQ and awful transition ability. The coach was dumb as well. Plus Kuemper sucks

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Peter's won this cruddy tournament to, but for you to talk about "Mediocre" when you guys employee TM is pretty laughable.

Neither are good.
but he is mediocre...never made the 'Canes overachieve, never took them to the playoffs and coached Canada is a 4th place finish with some great players....brutal

McLellan has his faults but also has a winning record and took his teams to the playoffs many times

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Still expected more offensively.

Offense is hard when your defense can't make an outlet pass or make a play in the offensive zone. In the couple of games I watched every play that went back to the point ended up dead, unless it was Parayko out there.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
but he is mediocre...never made the 'Canes overachieve, never took them to the playoffs and coached Canada is a 4th place finish with some great players....brutal

McLellan has his faults but also has a winning record and took his teams to the playoffs many times

Ya... Taking a stacked Sharks team to the playoffs was really tough, while Peter's has a team that is literally bottom 3 in payroll each year, while is why TM is the definition of overrated.

Reactions: Scrantonicity 2

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Fair enough. It's hard to get much done offensively when it takes 5 tries to break the puck out though

True enough.

Very few odd man rushes or even good shots from good scoring areas.

The transition game was definitely putrid but I expected better once we were in the zone

And not a lot of hitting.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Post game comments are about what I expected.

Congrats to Team USA and their fans.

Reactions: Kyndig

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Was a bit early, but 3 minutes can go really fast, so not entirely moronic IMHO.

Well, they were getting chances 5 on 5. O'Reilly had just missed a wide-open net. With the goalie out, you have a slightly better chance of scoring, but a much higher risk of getting scored on. It's a fine line, but I prefer waiting until inside 2 minutes.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
I know you can to some degree blame the D and the goalie, but if you end up scoring three goals in two games, especially the QF and the semi something is wrong with the offense as well. It just feels like Canada weren't prepared for when it really mattered and just expected to juggernaut their way through. Yes this might be Canadas whatever letter team but so are most teams apart from the lower seeds with mostly european based players.

OT: Noticed this before, but American fans (and Canadians) seem to never sing along to the national anthem which basically every other team's fans do.

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.
I can't blame the players that showed up to play for Canada, the ones who turned the team down on the other hand. The bottom line is they weren't quite good enough and the coaching was questionable as well.

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino