GDT: Bronze Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Canada 4 - Finland 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
What's this? I've obviously missed something.
I haven't really heard anything about this, expect when we (finns) were talking about 2012 draft picks in the Finland-section of HF, I posted that Ullberg could be selected in the 7th round or something and then some (I'm really drunk right now, so I can't really remember who) replied to it that he had a gambling problem and had been stealing stuff from his teammates in the locker room during his HIFK days.

Destroyer100

You guys can thank Aittokallio because if he had not have screwed Finland over in the semi-final Finland would have been in the gold medal game and probably ended up with a silver instead of bronze.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
You guys can thank Aittokallio because if he had not have screwed Finland over in the semi-final Finland would have been in the gold medal game and probably ended up with a silver instead of bronze.
:facepalm:

We can thank him for being in the TOP4, with Gibson we wouldn't have been nowhere near it.

Needles

Jun 29, 2010

Aittokallio stopped 50-60 shots, so I'm not blaming him for anything. We lost because we ran out of gas and didn't even try to attack in the 3rd period.

Destroyer100

Ya Attikallio played great and i will agree he was your best goalie but i still think if he had not have made that mistake you guys could had a silver medal.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Ya Attikallio played great and i will agree he was your best goalie but i still think if he had not have made that mistake you guys could had a silver medal.
You can't blame him on that one mistake. Like Needles said, he stopped 50-60 shots. If he hadn't done that, we wouldn't have even gone to OT/SO.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Of all the players, I am most pleased for Visentin, Hopefully he has gotten most if not all his critics off his back.

i totally agree. The pressure has been mind boggling on this guy.
A good way to end his junior days.
It is really hard to figure why this team cramped up against the russians.
It takes a real focus to get out of the hole early in a game with the weight of the country on their shoulders but this team lost focus and it cost them.
good way to wrap up.

Destroyer100

I will say nice job Finland and you guys worked very hard. With that said i am happy Canada came out with a medal and now have gone 14 years with a medal. Go Canada Go.

BlueSaint

Jan 5, 2012
Canada was better overall, but such a shame that the ref was an complete dumb****. I think it could have been a bit more exciting with a fair one..

Gongrats!

EverybodyLovesRay

Sep 21, 2008
There was a joke after the boxing day defeat againt Canada that Finnish players must've felt like **** when returning to locker room after 8-1 loss only to realize that their 3rd goalie have stolen all their stuff.

:laugh: :shakehead

I guess "personal problems" was the only reason why Ullberg wasn't drafted? He's talented as heck though so I hope all the best for him (and for his therapist).

What kind of problems he have? Is he some kind of teenage criminal? :D

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
Congrats to Canada on the Bronze. As a USA Hockey fan I wish we could have done better this year. I know the Canadian fans may be dissapointed that they didn't get the Gold but things could of been worse as we Americans know.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Congrats to Canada on the Bronze. As a USA Hockey fan I wish we could have done better this year. I know the Canadian fans may be dissapointed that they didn't get the Gold but things could of been worse as we Americans know.

I think it was kind of disappointing for both our countries. Oh well, always next year!

Dallas Stars

Oct 31, 2011
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I always loved the way the Fins played, if anyone could potential beat the Canadians i'd want it to be the Fins.

Congrats Canada on the bronze, lets go get em next year. And Finland be proud of the way you played in this tournament, you guys are a class act.

WHY LIE GUY

Nov 28, 2011
Canada was better overall, but such a shame that the ref was an complete dumb****. I think it could have been a bit more exciting with a fair one..

Gongrats!

Oh, of course. Those pesky bias refs again! Haha, so typical.

Awesome backhanded congratulations.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
What's this? I've obviously missed something.
A new day and sober, so I was able to remember where I had heard that.
Dec. 13th
Maybe even higher than 7th round. Btw, heard Ullberg stole some money from his team mates once. I'm just curious, is he a guy that cause trouble in the locker room etc.?
I believe it was not just "once", but a continuous habit. If I recall correct, he used his teammates' cellphones to order credits to a gambling website, and stuff like that. Getting kicked off the team and having to go to Lappeenranta (no offense :laugh:) might've given him a little push, though. After all, he's basically become the #1 goalie of SaiPa.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Oh, referees schmeferees, bad of course and, maybe accidentally, tilting their badness towards Canada, but you could see from several players that they just weren't hugely interested in the bronze. It would have required Finland an enormous effort and work ethic, and for many, quite properly I say, it just wasn't big enough prize... I like that, especially in a Finnish team. For once we seem to have individuals for whom it's all or nothing. 4th place is good, but I think this year we were a bit let down by coaching. We survived to medal round thanks to individuals, and very strangely for Finland, the parts seemed to be more than the whole. Combining these individual skills with our traditional strengths of tight organization and effective team play, should have made us look much more dangerous than what we actually were. And even now, we almost made it to the final...

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Meh, wasnt very good game for us Finns.

Canada was actually very beatable in this game, just needed to capitalize on our chances and that didnt happen this time.

Penalty shot, few 2 on 1:s, breakaway and ofc that awesome save by Visentin.

Just not focusing 100% and that's what we need to beat Canada, even if they arent playing as well as they could.

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
I haven't really heard anything about this, expect when we (finns) were talking about 2012 draft picks in the Finland-section of HF, I posted that Ullberg could be selected in the 7th round or something and then some (I'm really drunk right now, so I can't really remember who) replied to it that he had a gambling problem and had been stealing stuff from his teammates in the locker room during his HIFK days.

I believe he was kicked out of HIFK because he was stealing money from his teammates. +The other stuff regarding cellphones etc. mentioned in this thread.

Pulkinen or whatever has 0 finish lol

Would be really nice to know what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad