Confirmed with Link: Brodie signed to extension - 5 years $4.65 Million AAV

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Other than the extra 2/3 million per year he'll likely get after a 4/5 year deal....no reason at all!

It's still a risk on his part if he decides to go with a shorter term contract. Just as a longer term contract is a risk for the team.

I don't think anyone can argue strongly that either a short or long term contract is what Brodie would obviously go for, because there are arguments for both sides of it from a player's point of view. From the team's point of view, however, I really do think an 8 year contract is ideal in this case, to improve likely cap efficiency 3+ years down the road when the team might actually be competitive.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Lets see how he plays this year. He is signed for this year after all. My guess at this point is 5x5. His agent loves the Wi eman deal. And Engelland. And Russell....... He deserves bank.

Edit- And he has already signed the "bridge contract". He has Flames management up poop creek.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Any chance that this gets done before the end of the season? Brodin just had his signed at a pretty good steal although Brodie's situation is different. Something like 5-6 years and between 4-5 mil?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
if he can prove his worth in a rebuilding year, I'm sure no one would have a problem giving him a Brodin/Josi type of contract.

Not applicable examples since neither signed bridge deals.

At the rate Brodie is progressing, he'll be getting more than Wideman money easily.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I think at this point the flames just sit down with Brodie, smile, and agree with the amount TJ spits out. When Gio comes up you kneel down in front of him and present your butt because we've been stealing him for the last couple of years at his cap hit.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
I think at this point the flames just sit down with Brodie, smile, and agree with the amount TJ spits out. When Gio comes up you kneel down in front of him and present your butt because we've been stealing him for the last couple of years at his cap hit.

Brodie will be interesting. He's still an RFA, but he isn't signing out of his ELC but his bridge, so he'll be more expensive but not UFA expensive. I think if they do it sooner than later they can keep it at around 5. Gio is even more interesting because by the time his contract ends he'll be nearing 33 which will affect contract talks (if an extension is signed with Calgary than it'll will be heavily front loaded).

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
6 x 5.5 is my guess wouldn't be calling it a steal; but I'd still be happy to see him signed at that price.

Aug 21, 2014
2 years 15m that gives him 1 year to UFA, and he'll work his butt off, to make the most money on likely his largest contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad