Brodeur statue??

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Devils should build a Hall of Fame inside The Rock this summer.
When Marty retires, he will be prominantly featured in it.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
They should change the name of the city from Newark to Brodeur. Or maybe Martin City.

The Martin City Devils? Brodeur City Devils?

And obviously a giant statue.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Doesn't seem like the 'Devils way'.

He does deserve something though, best goalie ever.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nothing is too "over the top" regarding this guy. He deserves everything x1000 we do to honor him when he hangs em up. I don't care if Lou has a statue constructed in Manhattan, dragged through the streets and by the garden, through the tunnel and down 1/9 to the rock.

They better be handing out free boxes of tissue at the door for his retirement night because the tears flowing that night will make even Messier proud.

Marty's Better chants all three periods. Only stop to wipe the tears. THen build the statue out of the tissues.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Statues of ...Marty making a glove save....Stevens hit on Lindros.... Neids goal against Det,,,,

Last edited:

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
There is a mural at one of the Rock's exits of Parise, Langenbrunner, Gionta, and White. Please cover it up with a tribute to Marty.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's a bush league low blow at Dano. Say it to him face to face next season.

I didn't like the crack either, but you have said a lot of things too on here that weren't very nice about some players. Would you say it to their faces?

By the way I'm not even saying you were wrong to have said those things.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I didn't like the crack either, but you have said a lot of things too on here that weren't very nice about some players. Would you say it to their faces?

By the way I'm not even saying you were wrong to have said those things.

Apples and grapefruits.

On ice performance vs personal life.

We are all guilty of the former, the latter is crossing the line.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Danos a good guy..but no reason to D&D let alone multiple times...and FYI DD I have said it to his face. He used to live 2 blocks from me..so seen him out many a time . I edited my post.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Marty is the greatest Devil of all-time. There should be a special section (indoors) dedicated to his achievements, no doubt. But the legacy of the Devils is the logo, not the names.

Honestly...when Lou leaves us in the year 2150, I'd rather give him a statue.

I kind of agree with the poster who said that it's weird to see statues commemorating living people.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Danos a good guy..but no reason to D&D let alone multiple times...and FYI DD I have said it to his face. He used to live 2 blocks from me..so seen him out many a time . I edited my post.

Talking to him man to man encouraging him to get help or showing some tough love is one thing, in fact applauded.

However, IMO, we don't have to stoop down to Rangers fan levels though and hurl snide insults about the personal lives of our current and former players on message boards.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Talking to him man to man encouraging him to get help or showing some tough love is one thing, in fact applauded.

However, IMO, we don't have to stoop down to Rangers fan levels though and hurl snide insults about the personal lives of our current and former players on message boards.

It was in jest,,,hes a public figure he can take it.

NC107*

Are you sick? he has had enough while getting old.

Say goodbye to Marty ASAP.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
We all love Marty and I will cry my eyes out when he retires and on his jersey retirement night. He is the best player this organization has ever had and likely will have for decades. With that said, what is the consensus among Devs fans as to where Marty ranks all time among goalies. Do you guys consider him the undisputed best ever?

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
Best ever. His best days are behind him, which makes some people lose sight of how amazing he was. In the late 1990's/early 2000's, there's not one goalie I'd take over Marty in game 7 OT.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think he's the best, but I won't argue to the death if someone wants to say Roy or Sawchuk, Dryden, etc is better. I have no problem with someone saying those guys are better. Not to mention I'm not old enough to have seen Sawchuk or Dryden playing in modern times. Though I have talked to quite a few old timers who say they feel Brodeur is the best, and they go back to watching hockey as far back as the 50s and 60s. Even Jacques Lemaire while coaching for the Wild is on record as saying Brodeur is the greatest he's seen. That's quite a compliment coming from him.

I really don't like putting Hasek above Marty though. Hasek was definitely better at his best than Marty was. He just didn't have the longevity though as far as I'm concerned.

DevilChuk*

I think he's the best, but I won't argue to the death if someone wants to say Roy or Sawchuk, Dryden, etc is better. I have no problem with someone saying those guys are better. Not to mention I'm not old enough to have seen Sawchuk or Dryden playing in modern times. Though I have talked to quite a few old timers who say they feel Brodeur is the best, and they go back to watching hockey as far back as the 50s and 60s. Even Jacques Lemaire while coaching for the Wild is on record as saying Brodeur is the greatest he's seen. That's quite a compliment coming from him.

I really don't like putting Hasek above Marty though. Hasek was definitely better at his best than Marty was. He just didn't have the longevity though as far as I'm concerned.

Best goalie (i.e. if I had to pick someone for one game) = Hasek by a fair margin
Best career = Brodeur AINEC

Really depends on what you are considering when talking about the best ever. Regardless, top 3 at worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad