Recalled/Assigned: Brock Nelson Sent Down To Bridgeport (Coming Back Up)

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
What I don't understand is how, in most circles it was a little confusing how Strome didn't make the opening night roster. Nelson is the one who does then gets little chance to prove anything before being scratched and then returned. Even if the Islanders call Brock back, why bounce the kid all over. Put him in one spot and dedicate his efforts to that.

Is practicing with the big club really more beneficial than ACTUAL PLAYING TIME? Regardless of where, PT should be more crucial to a players development.

Playing time?? Haha c'mon man this is the Islanders, let him sit in the press box and watch. He will learn better.

Welcome to the Islanders where we smother you as a prospect until the age of 23

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Yeah I am complaining about that!! Sorry having regin and PMB over Strome and Nelson is a joke!!

How is Nelson going back to Bridge going to help his confidence?? Garth snow is a fool and 7 yrs later our rebuild looks terrible.

Cmon this is clearly the best team we have had in many years, they are still very young and have even more upside. The days of rushing kids into lineup because we had nobody are over.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Playing time?? Haha c'mon man this is the Islanders, let him sit in the press box and watch. He will learn better.

Welcome to the Islanders where we smother you as a prospect until the age of 23

Its better than lets rush a kid who isn't ready, your probably same guy who complained when Bailey was on this team at 18.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Cmon this is clearly the best team we have had in many years, they are still very young and have even more upside. The days of rushing kids into lineup because we had nobody are over.

and that explains why reinhart and maybe even strome aren't here. it doesn't explain why Nelson & Donovan sit in favor of NHL scrubs. Nelson & Donovan are ready for the NHL. They gain nothing by sitting or being sent down.

We can't claim we're a rebuilding team if we don't play our clearly ready prospects. it isnt like they are being blocked by great players either. PMB, Regin & Carkner are not the types of players you keep in the lineup when you have very good prospects who are NHL ready.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Its better than lets rush a kid who isn't ready, your probably same guy who complained when Bailey was on this team at 18.

We wont know cause when they are called up they sit in the press box and allow Regin and Carkner play instead. Brock Nelson should be playing NHL minutes.. Nothing else to prove in the AHL. I also dont know why Strome is there. Reinhart and Pullock in the WHL is a waste of talent and time. They both have nothing else to prove in that league.

Where are our prospects? 7 yrs of a rebuild and we have a clueless GM and a coach who has no business in the NHL.

As for Bailey, ive complained about him every year cause HE WAS NEVER THAT GOOD. I would love to be proven wrong and will admit it easily. I love what I see but I will reserve final judgement at years end

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
We wont know cause when they are called up they sit in the press box and allow Regin and Carkner play instead. Brock Nelson should be playing NHL minutes.. Nothing else to prove in the AHL. I also dont know why Strome is there. Reinhart and Pullock in the WHL is a waste of talent and time. They both have nothing else to prove in that league.

Where are our prospects? 7 yrs of a rebuild and we have a clueless GM and a coach who has no business in the NHL.

As for Bailey, ive complained about him every year cause HE WAS NEVER THAT GOOD. I would love to be proven wrong and will admit it easily. I love what I see but I will reserve final judgement at years end

I agree with Nelson, but Strome should spend some time adjusting in the AHL, I think he will be up by the end of the calendar year.

Reinhart needs to prove that he can put up some points, and develop his offensive game, as well as improve his foot speed, not only that but he will be playing 25 minutes a night, a spot on the WJC team, and at the end of the year possibly a stint with the Bridgeport.

Pulock can benefit for some of those same reasons as well.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
@StapeNewsday: As my man in CT @fornabaioctp just posted, Brock Nelson is returning to #Isles after playing today in BPT.

I expect a statement game from Brock the Rock on Tuesday that he's here to stay.

Yesterday's game was an embarrassment. The team was sleepwalking practically the whole game. Brock is going to bring a jolt to the lineup. I hope to god he's in for Regin.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Yeah, management can't win with some of these folks. If Nelson stays up and plays everyday (the way he played when he was in the lineup) and doesn't get better, they will be crying for sure that he was rushed.

I don't like PMB much but his plays been a little bit better with Nielsen. Honestly, this team is just not that good and has not gotten better with the loss of Streit like people claimed it would. There is a major lack of leadership from the defensive end and Visnovsky getting a concussion makes it worse.

So honestly i'm fine with Nelson in Bridgeport. I know it's early but I just don't see this team being able to compete well right now and unless they pick up a stud I think we are going to miss the playoffs. So keep Nelson in the Bridge and let him and Strome tear it up. One more year of sucking won't kill me and it will absolutely be put up or shut up next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad