Recalled/Assigned: Brock Nelson Sent Down To Bridgeport (Coming Back Up)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 1m
Brock Nelson leaving Coliseum with his gear, headed to Bridgeport. Will play tomorrow,
then #Isles will decide on a possible recall.

Don't agree with this.

Wonder if anyone is coming up?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Nelson>Regin
Donavon>Carkner

I don't agree with him needing to play because he should ALREADY BE PLAYING IN THE NHL! I just hate the way all these young players are handled. This goes back to Nino and even Ullstrom last year.

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
I don't understand.

Unless Strome is coming up. But until then, I don't understand.

Edit: Read the tweet, I guess it makes sense to send him down for some playing time. But he should be playing here anyway.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think Brock is going to tear it up tomorrow, Bridgeport needs a jump start anyway. He needs to play against Vancouver, sit PMB or Regin.

scott99

May 13, 2005
:rant: I want Capuano ****ing gone!

Yeah, some really odd decisions so far. It's like the decisions are setting us up to lose. You play the worst players (Regin and Bouchard), they are killing Nabby by playing him 7 out of every 8 games, therefore making Poulin start every 2 weeks which I'm sure hurts HIS effectiveness too. Nelson played well during the preseason and his few chances during the regular season, yet they bench him and send him down. Just some very peculiar moves.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Yeah, some really odd decisions so far. It's like the decisions are setting us up to lose. You play the worst players (Regin and Bouchard), they are killing Nabby by playing him 7 out of every 8 games, therefore making Poulin start every 2 weeks which I'm sure hurts HIS effectiveness too. Nelson played well during the preseason and his few chances during the regular season, yet they bench him and send him down. Just some very peculiar moves.

If this was the season for McDavid I'd wonder as well, but it isn't....

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
If they're gonna scratch him, it's probably the best move for him to get some games in.

Exactly, might as well get some playing time if he isn't going to play. I like what he's brought in his games but Cappy wants to go with the vets. That's fine with me honestly, but I want Nelson to get some games then because he has a future and the coaching staff, management and fans know it. His time will come :nod:

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
The Isles don't play until Tuesday, this is a chance for Nelson to get a game in. He could be recalled right after tomorrow's game.

With this roster he needs to be playing now. All this does is reinforce that Capuano doesn't trust him in the lineup.

I just can't take any positives out of this considering the way Bouchard has played so far.

Capuano is blowing this big time. I mean, he is one of our best forward prospects in the entire organization. It's too bad he has not been treated as such.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
probably a non-issue, Plays there Sunday back here on Tuesday.

It's likely a combination of salary and playing time issue.

Keep in mind that when players are up with the NHL club, they're paid based on each day they're up, even if the club doesn't play for a few days. That's why you see teams that are tight to the cap send players who are still waiver exempt down to the farm for a few days if they don't play a game for a week. So it could be a case of Snow/Wang saving money by not having to pay Nelson his NHL salary for the next couple of days, until the Isles' next game.

Coupled with that, there's the chance to give him some game action with BP's game tomorrow, and give him prime minutes that he wasn't necessarily getting in the NHL.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
You should see this as a good sign...they aren't going to throw him back in Tuesday with dead legs...they want him ready to go, so down he goes to BPT- it's as simple as that.

Someone's gotta sit though. PMB is a joke, and Regin needs more help. C-Mac isn't getting the job done either.

Could be time for a shake-up Garf...

;)

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
What I don't understand is how, in most circles it was a little confusing how Strome didn't make the opening night roster. Nelson is the one who does then gets little chance to prove anything before being scratched and then returned. Even if the Islanders call Brock back, why bounce the kid all over. Put him in one spot and dedicate his efforts to that.

Is practicing with the big club really more beneficial than ACTUAL PLAYING TIME? Regardless of where, PT should be more crucial to a players development.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Look the reality is that GARTH is the one who signed Regin and PMB and traded for Clutterbuck. I would imagine that he wants to see them play...and succeed....which admittedly hasnt happened yet, but as a coach you pretty much always want to give the vets ad good flushing before you start benching them for a kid. Reality is we have one too many FWDS on this team...nice problem to have, but tough to manage and make everyone happy, cappy.

Reality is that someone will likely get injured before long (not wishing for it) and nelson will get his shot, ala donovan.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
While I think Nelson should be playing EVERY game in the NHL. I am glad they sent him down. He needs to be playing every game somewhere, and since our coach is too stupid to realize we're still a rebuilding team, it's best he plays everyday in the minors. I'm hopeful he gets recalled for the next isles game, but I have my doubts. it makes zero sense that he and donnovan haven't played every single game so far.

Last edited:

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Since 2009 draft we haven't had a single drafted player selected play a full islanders season.

Where is the rebuild?? Where are the prospects?

Capuano and Garth are clueless!!!

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Since 2009 draft we haven't had a single drafted player selected play a full islanders season.

Where is the rebuild?? Where are the prospects?

Capuano and Garth are clueless!!!

Well they tried that too many times in the past. Finally they're doing it right this time so don't complain about that!

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Well they tried that too many times in the past. Finally they're doing it right this time so don't complain about that!

Yeah I am complaining about that!! Sorry having regin and PMB over Strome and Nelson is a joke!!

How is Nelson going back to Bridge going to help his confidence?? Garth snow is a fool and 7 yrs later our rebuild looks terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad