Player Discussion Brock Boeser | "Back" in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Yeah it's gonna be Barzal's but I agree that none of the voters will analyze any of it that seriously.

We still got our guy though and that in and of itself is ****ing awesome.

Pretty much. Barzal can be awesome without it meaning Boeser isn’t also awesome. It’s not a zero-sum situation.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
If his wrist is bothering him, he should sit.

I hate this idea that players should play injured down the stretch instead of taking a week or so off to fix whatever problem there is.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
If his wrist is bothering him, he should sit.

I hate this idea that players should play injured down the stretch instead of taking a week or so off to fix whatever problem there is.

don't expect this team to make any long-term decisions like that. Brock's health in 5 years doesn't matter, it's about grinding out wins in garbage time baby

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Bench him at the start of the season when he's perfectly healthy but don't rest him for a bruised foot during the season and now playing him through a nagging wrist injury when there is nothing for the team to play for... Canucks management for ya.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Bench him at the start of the season when he's perfectly healthy but don't rest him for a bruised foot during the season and now playing him through a nagging wrist injury when there is nothing for the team to play for... Canucks management for ya.
man I love this team

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
The kid should be sat so he can recover.

Great 'insulation', Benning and Linden. Can't even give the kid a break when he's injured because you rely on him and Horvat so much to carry the team on their back...
They rely on Boeser and Horvat to keep them employed is more like it. Selfish F**ks. Not very many will be interested in tuning into games if B.B. isn’t playing b/c these fools built such a s**t team overall. I can’t believe we have to endure another 3 years with this garbage management. Keep getting those wins boneheads because moral victories at this stage of the season are golden:thumbu:

Last edited:

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
They rely on Boeser and Horvat to keep them employed is more like it. Selfish F**ks. Not very many will be interested in tuning into games if B.B. isn’t playing b/c these fools built such a s**t team overall. I can’t believe we have to endure another 3 years with this garbage management. Keep getting those wins boneheads because moral victories at this stage of the season are golden:thumbu:

Crazy how our management team can't figure out that the rest of the team is such garbage outside of Horvat and Boeser. Extending plugs like Gudbrandson does not help.

Reactions: BlueGreen

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I don't suggest that anyone read the... thing that appeared on the province website under Ed Willes' name today, but it does confirm that the wrist bothering Brock now is the same one he had surgery on while in college.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I can respect the "tough guy hockey player" schtick. Hell, we glorified Linden for playing in Game 7 in '94 as a broken and battered man. And we hear it every year - every player is playing injured in some capacity. That's why I don't necessarily agree with this notion that Boeser should sit. For one, we don't even know how injured he actually is.

No, the season doesn't matter. No, even the Calder doesn't matter. Yes, there is a risk he's causing further damage to his wrist. But surely we can trust the team doctors, the medical experts we clearly are not who travel with the team and have a vested interest in keeping them healthy to decide whether Boeser should sit or not. I saw a ridiculous thread by M2B on the main boards claiming that Travis Green and the management team is forcing Boeser to keep playing for... reasons? I just don't understand.

If Boeser is injured, let him sit. If Boeser wants to play and is healthy enough to do so, let him play.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I can respect the "tough guy hockey player" schtick. Hell, we glorified Linden for playing in Game 7 in '94 as a broken and battered man. And we hear it every year - every player is playing injured in some capacity. That's why I don't necessarily agree with this notion that Boeser should sit. For one, we don't even know how injured he actually is.

No, the season doesn't matter. No, even the Calder doesn't matter. Yes, there is a risk he's causing further damage to his wrist. But surely we can trust the team doctors, the medical experts we clearly are not who travel with the team and have a vested interest in keeping them healthy to decide whether Boeser should sit or not. I saw a ridiculous thread by M2B on the main boards claiming that Travis Green and the management team is forcing Boeser to keep playing for... reasons? I just don't understand.

If Boeser is injured, let him sit. If Boeser wants to play and is healthy enough to do so, let him play.
We have seen the team doctors display their imcompetence year after year

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

Yeah, like, what’s the worst that could happen?

Cody-Hodgson-Canucks.jpg

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
We have seen the team doctors display their imcompetence year after year
...this is the kind of stuff I can't stand. Guys on a message board pretending they know better than trained medical professionals. The Hodgson stuff was a nightmare, but c'mon. It's all baseless speculation at this point in time. The guy grimaces following a hard check by Zadorov and we assume the medical staff isn't doing their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad