Bring back Jacques Martin

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
His sales manager says he sells three tires all the time, but just can't seem to sell the fourth.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Isn't he an assistant coach with Pittsburgh these days? I always liked his coaching style, even though it never worked against the goon Leafs in the playoffs.

But sure, a proper system wouldn't hurt this young team.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Isn't he an assistant coach with Pittsburgh these days? I always liked his coaching style, even though it never worked against the goon Leafs in the playoffs.

But sure, a proper system wouldn't hurt this young team.

He was some sort of an advisor and moved to an assistant after they fired johnson.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
His coaching style wouldn't work here IMO. We need to play to our strenghts and that's offense and up tempo. If we played a defensive structured game with the defensemen we have right now we'd get skinned alive and that would only retain our offensive players from playing to what seems to be working to say the least since we are one of the best offensive teams in the league.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
His coaching style wouldn't work here IMO. We need to play to our strenghts and that's offense and up tempo. If we played a defensive structured game with the defensemen we have right now we'd get skinned alive and that would only retain our offensive players from playing to what seems to be working to say the least since we are one of the best offensive teams in the league.

Maybe his system would make up for the deficiencies on defense. Saying that... It was pre the first lock out when he had most his success. The game has changed somewhat since then.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time.

And no. What a terrible idea. I want Dave Cameron gone but this type of move would just muzzle guys like Hoffman and Karlsson in a boring 90's style system. We need a coach who will embrace the offensive talent we have.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Offense only works if you are out chancing and out shooting

Naw, it works regardless. We just need a few better bodies on the back end to regain the puck and keep it away from the net, not a system change. The Martin days were terrible days to watch Sens hockey.

We basically bored teams to death and took fans money while they slept.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I'm guessing that most of those that are advocating for Jacques' return were probably about 10 years old when he last coached here and really didn't understand what they were watching.

Martin was the perfect coach for those early Sens teams in that era, but I'll be damned if I want to watch that style again.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
What a terrible idea. I want Dave Cameron gone but this type of move would just muzzle guys like Hoffman and Karlsson in a boring 90's style system. We need a coach who will embrace the offensive talent we have.
At this stage, we don’t even need yet “another†coach to get fired by Murray. We need a GM who can get us better Defence! :rant:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Lol, dude got fired by a Swiss team.

... a SWISS team.

That was more because he very vocally stated he wasn't interested in renewing his contract because he couldn't get an NHL out clause. And supposedly several teams have been interested in his services... for what it's worth

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time.

And no. What a terrible idea. I want Dave Cameron gone but this type of move would just muzzle guys like Hoffman and Karlsson in a boring 90's style system. We need a coach who will embrace the offensive talent we have.

I fully understand embracing the offence but my God we've been an absolutely horrendous defensive team for 90% of the time Anderson has been in an Ottawa jersey. Ideally it'd be great for him to come back as a defensive co-ordinator or something but it'll never happen for us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad