Bridgeport Islanders Discussion 2021-22: Playoffs Start May 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
How was the crowd there?
We had 100+ probably, fun game!

I actually love what Holmstrom is doing in the A. We’ve got him on the ice in all situations, he’s gonna be a solid 2 way player. Middle 6 guy seems realistic. Raty is raw, but that’s expected. Still love Czarnik’s motor, think he’s a bottom 6 player if he gets the right chance.

We’ll be back on Monday, LG(B)I!

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
How was the crowd there?
As @IslesCLT said, definitely 100. Great crowd.
I don’t think anyone expects him to make the team out of camp, although I hope he does.

What I think Raty's trajectory should be is to push a veteran for a job in NHL camp, dominate the AHL, and give Lou a reason to trade a center off our roster for other assets within the next year.
Completely agree. We just can’t pencil him in as the “scoring winger” acquisition
We had 100+ probably, fun game!

I actually love what Holmstrom is doing in the A. We’ve got him on the ice in all situations, he’s gonna be a solid 2 way player. Middle 6 guy seems realistic. Raty is raw, but that’s expected. Still love Czarnik’s motor, think he’s a bottom 6 player if he gets the right chance.

We’ll be back on Monday, LG(B)I!

What he said. I was really impressed at Holmstrom on the PK. Had no idea that he was doing that, I think he makes an NHL impact at some point and that’s all you can ask as a later 1st rounder

Reactions: MJF

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
BTW, am I the only old guy who remembers when the "Checkers" were an Isles affiliate (in Indy)?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Czarnik currently the leading scorer in the Calder Cup playoffs with 10 points, 3 more than the second guy…

Holmstom is one of seventeen with 3+ goals so far.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Czarnik currently the leading scorer in the Calder Cup playoffs with 10 points, 3 more than the second guy…

Holmstom is one of seventeen with 3+ goals so far.
Not fer nuthin, Czarnik is a solid player.

Olliemets

Mar 1, 2018
Croton on Hudson, NY
Too good for the AHL but not good enough to be a full time NHL player? At least that’s my impression.
Classic tweener. In baseball its the AAAA player. A corner guy who can hit for a few weeks until the league dusts off the book on how to pitch him, or up the middle guy who's a great defender but can't sustain success for too long at the plate.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Classic tweener. In baseball its the AAAA player. A corner guy who can hit for a few weeks until the league dusts off the book on how to pitch him, or up the middle guy who's a great defender but can't sustain success for too long at the plate.
Yes, perfect analogy from the baseball world

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That’s the classic bench player who pinch hits .475. Then when he has to start every game because a starter got hurt the average drops by a lot.

Reactions: saintunspecified

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
That’s the classic bench player who pinch hits .475. Then when he has to start every game because a starter got hurt the average drops by a lot.
If he were 5'11 190, h'd be an NHL player. He gets the most out of body, and one has to respect that. If he had a bit more, he'd be more.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
One change for the Islanders tonight. Otto Koivula is scratched with an upper body injury. Blade Jenkins dresses.

LGBI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Checkers lead 1-0 at 1:01 of the 1st.

Charlotte dumps the puck into the corner to the left of Schneider, Wotherspoon misses the carom, it comes out to a Checker who puts away a gift.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
2-0 Charlotte at 18:21 of the 1st.

Isles had everyone in over the Charlotte blue line pressuring, give up a breakaway goal.

End of the period. Charlotte outshooting the Isles 14-6

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
End of the 2nd period. 2-0 Charlotte.

Islanders are not able to mount any kind of threat this period. Charlotte playing lockdown defense, sticks clogging the middle.

Isles are being outshot 26-13.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Corey Schneider with some 5 alarm saves just now. 8:42 left in the 3rd period.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
ENG. 3-0 Checkers. 3:05 left.

Schneider back to the bench for the extra man.

ENG. 4-0

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Salo with a howler!
With the empty net behind him he missed the puck with an attempted pass and left it there for a tap in for the Checkers player.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Every game bridgeport played vs checkers this season was a 1 goal game, except this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad