Post-Game Talk: Brews vs Cups - 730p

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That’s the kind of game that swings a series. Their margin for error has been cut significantly. They wasted a great 50 minutes from Anderson too.

Yea, Now they need to win 3 of the next 5 games. Are you thinking the real Bs havent shown up yet? I'd say that was the best they have and they needed overtime. I expect the same sort of play in Boston. To win they need to make one more play than the other guys

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Started watching from the middle of the 2nd. Anderson was good, bailing us. The 3rd goal was a scram resulted by Carlson being completely undressed by Hall (funny, minutes earlier Hall tried the trick on Orlov and lost the puck to him). The overtime goal is on Dillon. That gave away was totally brutal, you just don't give chances like this to your opponent in overtime in the playoffs.

Few observations from my uneducated eye:
  • turtle never worked for us. We aren't that good defensively to go completely turtle. Before the 3rd goal we gave them nothing, after just allowed them to come at us. Allergic to go to the O zone and where we are there we just left within seconds.
  • we don't have enough skilled players. The 4on4 was embarrassing, it looked like PP for Bruins. That's why I want Kuzy back, at least we have options for 4 on 4plays.
  • Dillon oh my god. He does do dump plays in his D zone and he's supposed to be defensive d. Really pissed of by him, but he'll never be benched as the coaches love players like him for some reason.
  • Orlov >>> Carlson. Orlov is our best defenseman
  • 4th line is something out of this world. Every single one does count
  • Haven't noticed Sprong. Did he play? Saw Raffle, Sheary. No Sprong
  • Mantha is good, but I think he hasn't got the intensity of the playoffs yet. Though he had a good shift in the 3rd when we decided to turtle, so he was only one trying to do something in O zone. on that shift
  • you have to win a game when your 40 years old goalie gives such performance (started watching from the 2nd, he was good). The spell wil run out for him soon and we are in big trouble.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Kind of think the coaching staff botched that one between the very curious and mostly conservative 4-on-4 combinations in the second and then failing to put Raffl at center. Once Eller was out it should have been instant. They can't just rely on HDH and...stuff.

Either way they need 92 to prevail. There's not enough fluidity and pace without him, esp. with 8/74/19 clearly not near their best. Haven't really seen anything from Sheary yet either.

Boston will have more jump at home and be better able to manage match-ups. Definitely 92 time in G3 IMO regardless of Eller's status.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Yea, Now they need to win 3 of the next 5 games. Are you thinking the real Bs havent shown up yet? I'd say that was the best they have and they needed overtime. I expect the same sort of play in Boston. To win they need to make one more play than the other guys

Both gamed went to OT at home. I don’t think saying “that’s the best BOS has” is fair at all. This series is going 6 or 7 and every game will likely be close.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Kind of think the coaching staff botched that one between the very curious and mostly conservative 4-on-4 combinations in the second and then failing to put Raffl at center. Once Eller was out it should have been instant. They can't just rely on HDH and...stuff.

Either way they need 92 to prevail. There's not enough fluidity and pace without him, esp. with 8/74/19 clearly not near their best. Haven't really seen anything from Sheary yet either.

Boston will have more jump at home and be better able to manage match-ups. Definitely 92 time in G3 IMO regardless of Eller's status.

Raffl not playing centre was surprising before Eller got injured but now it’s just stupid.

Good note about Sheary, he has been invisible other than jumping on Anderson for some reason before the goal.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
The Eller injury changed the game. And if it’s bad likely the series.
what??? they scored 3rd without Eller and dominated in the 3rd before they scored the 3rd (they shots were 9-1 Caps). Then they decided to turtle badly, afraid to go over their blue line. Boston knew they wouldn't go there and started finding their game, before they were completely out of the picture.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Started watching from the middle of the 2nd. Anderson was good, bailing us. The 3rd goal was a scram resulted by Carlson being completely undressed by Hall (funny, minutes earlier Hall tried the trick on Orlov and lost the puck to him). The overtime goal is on Dillon. That gave away was totally brutal, you just don't give chances like this to your opponent in overtime in the playoffs.

Few observations from my uneducated eye:
  • turtle never worked for us. We aren't that good defensively to go completely turtle. Before the 3rd goal we gave them nothing, after just allowed them to come at us. Allergic to go to the O zone and where we are there we just left within seconds.
  • we don't have enough skilled players. The 4on4 was embarrassing, it looked like PP for Bruins. That's why I want Kuzy back, at least we have options for 4 on 4plays.
  • Dillon oh my god. He does do dump plays in his D zone and he's supposed to be defensive d. Really pissed of by him, but he'll never be benched as the coaches love players like him for some reason.
  • Orlov >>> Carlson. Orlov is our best defenseman
  • 4th line is something out of this world. Every single one does count
  • Haven't noticed Sprong. Did he play? Saw Raffle, Sheary. No Sprong
  • Mantha is good, but I think he hasn't got the intensity of the playoffs yet. Though he had a good shift in the 3rd when we decided to turtle, so he was only one trying to do something in O zone. on that shift
  • you have to win a game when your 40 years old goalie gives such performance (started watching from the 2nd, he was good). The spell wil run out for him soon and we are in big trouble.
So many overreactions here.

We have skilled players. We are without one skill player. Carlson is still better than Orlov. Mantha literally had Marchand hit him in the face and got under his skin. He stepped up a ton today. Lavi also has been turtling/throwing pucks down ice all year and we have one of best 1 goal game record in NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad