Injury Report: Brent Burns; 3/11 close to return

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Just coming back from a pretty major injury. He's looked ok and will improve steadily over the next few weeks I'd say.

EDIT: Scratch that. Injured in game tonight. Hope he takes some time off and gets healthy for October.

Last edited:

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
What's wrong with him? Almost 1000 teams dropped him today on yahoo fantasy and I'm about to.

My guess? He's finished. One doesn't come back and play well after getting dropped by almost 1,000 teams in fantasy hockey.

Not even Gretzky would be able to get his confidence back after getting dropped that many times. That's why the league had much higher scoring back then. No one had any fantasy teams to drop players from.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Honestly, I hope he takes as much time off as he needs to. I don't care at this point if he misses the rest of the season or not because we're not contending either way. I just want him okay for the long term, he's my favorite Shark right now. Just praying to the hockey gods for his long term health.

West Coast Bias*

My guess? He's finished. One doesn't come back and play well after getting dropped by almost 1,000 teams in fantasy hockey.

Not even Gretzky would be able to get his confidence back after getting dropped that many times. That's why the league had much higher scoring back then. No one had any fantasy teams to drop players from.

He's probably not even injured, just emotionally destroyed from looking himself up in fantasy hockey.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Honestly, I hope he takes as much time off as he needs to. I don't care at this point if he misses the rest of the season or not because we're not contending either way. I just want him okay for the long term, he's my favorite Shark right now. Just praying to the hockey gods for his long term health.

i like burns too but the hockey gods can go to hell

theyve been trolling us for far too long while other teams get rewarded with cups

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You've gotta be ****ing kidding me.

I'm so ****ing mad right now. I cannot believe this. WHAT THE ****? WHAT THE **** HOCKEY GODS, WHAT THE **** LUCK, WHY? WHY!?!? WHY DO YOU INJURE BRENT BURNS LIKE THIS?

**** off.

They injured him to save him for next year. This team isn't going anywhere with what they have. They just don't have the depth up front nor the competency to use what they have properly.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
They injured him to save him for next year. This team isn't going anywhere with what they have. They just don't have the depth up front nor the competency to use what they have properly.

Couture-Thornton-Havlat
Marleau-MacKinnon-Pavelski
Wingels-Sheppard-Hertl
Galiardi-Desjardins-Kennedy
Burish

Vlasic-Burns
Stuart-Boyle
Braun-Demers

Niemi

Laviolette

Looks good to me.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Exactly. I'd like to shut him down for the year if it's serious.

Couture-Thornton-Havlat
Marleau-MacKinnon-Pavelski
Wingels-Sheppard-Hertl
Galiardi-Desjardins-Kennedy
Burish

Vlasic-Burns
Stuart-Boyle
Braun-Demers

Niemi

Laviolette

Looks good to me.

I'd run the top line we have now, and then Couture-Mackinnon-Havlat. Mackinnon would go a long way toward fixing our speed and controlled zone entry problems. :naughty:

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad