Prospect Info: Brendan Lemieux

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
i wouldn't put Kosmo or De Leo as A list candidates.

Lemieux has "NHL bottom 6" written all over him.
he's probably 2 years away from making the team and 4 years away from losing his job.

Wasn't his dad 3rd liner most of career?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I think he got two or three for the hit and the rest for his reputation.

Maybe the last half-game was for his dad's reputation. ;)

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
“There’s two sides to my game,†said the six-foot-one, 210-pound Lemieux said. “There’s the NHL Brendan Lemieux and the way I’ll play when I get to the NHL and move on in the future, but there’s also how I play in junior hockey.

“Now, at this point of game, where I have to be a player on that team, stay out of the box, stay out of the crap and help my team produce. Be that player that’s hard to play against, but can score goals and make plays.â€

Interesting quote.

http://windsorstar.com/sports/hockey/spitfires-acquire-brendan-lemieux-from-colts-for-anthony-stefano

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
I like his game if he can keep it within the rules for the most part.

Looking forward to having him deflecting in point shots on the PP in a few years.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
This kid is pretty switched on and you got to love that if you are in the Jets management. This is the opposite of someone who is rumoured to have an attitude problem, as some Buffalo fans though. This is a person who is willing to mold his game for the greater good.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
This kid is pretty switched on and you got to love that if you are in the Jets management. This is the opposite of someone who is rumoured to have an attitude problem, as some Buffalo fans though. This is a person who is willing to mold his game for the greater good.

I hope so, I just dont see any talent there. Hope Im wrong.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS

i have the opposite reaction to that quote. But i freely admit I'm biased.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
i have the opposite reaction to that quote. But i freely admit I'm biased.

At least you can admit it! :laugh:

I think his future as an NHLer is very much up in the air at this point with a slim chance. If he makes it I believe it will be because of work ethic, determination, etc. Those type of qualities. Definitely one of our more interesting prospects to watch though.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This is him trying to play a clean game and stay out of the box?

He showed much more discipline with the Jets in the pre-season than Stuart and some of our other vets have shown the past couple of seasons.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I hope so, I just dont see any talent there. Hope Im wrong.

Maurice doesn't agree.... http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/09/28/brendan-lemieux-made-big-impression-on-winnipeg-jets-but-age-worked-against-him

“He needs to get older,†Maurice said of the 19-year-old. “I really, really liked his game. I'm excited about the way he's going to play for us. There were three or four people ahead of him that are NHL players. I didn't expect that he was going to be able to come in and play as well as he did. I'm really excited about his camp.

“He really fits a lot of the things we like to do on the ice. It was not a failure by Brendan in any means to not make this hockey team. He did absolutely everything you would hope for a player to do. He came in and made a fantastic impression.â€

Kid's scoring at a goal / game pace this season. He has 54 goals in his last 70 OHL games. For a physical, agitating winger, that's actually pretty impressive.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I like what Lemieux brings, but can someone explain to me why Barrie trades Lemieux, an almost goal per game player, for Stefano, a guy who's going nowhere? They each trade a couple future draft picks so that part is a wash.

It concerns me as to why Barrie does that trade.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I like what Lemieux brings, but can someone explain to me why Barrie trades Lemieux, an almost goal per game player, for Stefano, a guy who's going nowhere? They each trade a couple future draft picks so that part is a wash.

Also puzzling to me.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Saw an article that mentioned that Stefano likely plays an overage year but Lemieux is gone next year. I think more favourable picks were going to Barrie, too.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

That does seem strange, I didn't realise he had been traded

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Can't wait for this kid to make the team next year. I feel like he will out of camp. PMo loves his game. If he comes into the camp and plays like he played last year but with the added developemnt he could very well find himself on the 3rd/4th line next season. We don't have anyone like this on our roster and I don't think there is even anyone like him currently in the NHL. He is pretty unique in the fact that he is a physical agitator with a nose for the net and a scoring touch.
I think his absolute ceiling is maybe a Gallagher type agitating scoring winger but with more size to toss around. Even if he turns into a Russel type 15-20 goal agitator I'd be happy with that.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Can't wait for this kid to make the team next year. I feel like he will out of camp. PMo loves his game. If he comes into the camp and plays like he played last year but with the added developemnt he could very well find himself on the 3rd/4th line next season. We don't have anyone like this on our roster and I don't think there is even anyone like him currently in the NHL. He is pretty unique in the fact that he is a physical agitator with a nose for the net and a scoring touch.
I think his absolute ceiling is maybe a Gallagher type agitating scoring winger but with more size to toss around. Even if he turns into a Russel type 15-20 goal agitator I'd be happy with that.

The Moose?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Also puzzling to me.

Yea bad sign to me.

Hey I hope his game "as is" translates to the NHL but I have zero faith he will change how he plays. seriously give me a break. At least he got traded to a team (the Jets) that encourages stupid penalties in the name of toughness.

Not like the Jets briatrust aren't heading into this one eyes wide open. Talk is cheap and Brendan has proven by his actions over the years he is a wing nut that takes penalties and suspensions. There is some talent as well so time will tell.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The Moose?

I don't know depends on what happens with Ladd.
If Ladd is gone that opens up a spot in the top 6, depending on the return in a trade, which will more than likely move Ehlers into the top 6. If Ladd ends up walking and we get nothing then it definitely opens up a spot in the top 6 which will surely be Ehlers especially if he comes into camp more developed than this year.
That leaves Lowry, Burmi, Thorburn, Copp, Peluso in the bottom 6. With Armia, Petan, Lipon, De Leo, Harkins, Spacek, Blomqvist, Kosmachuk and Lemieux competing for the final 2 or 3 spots depending on who they want to carry. Next years training camp is going to be really fun. Especially if some of the NCAA guys sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad