Player Discussion: Brendan Lemieux Appreciation Thread

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Loved the way this kid was trending but we all understand it's a business and sometimes you have to cut ties with solid asset(s) to make your team better. Best of luck in the Big Apple Lemmy, Winnipeg's going to miss you. Excited about Hayes being our 2nd line center, GO JETS GO!

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I don't think he is a very good NHL player. I don't think he deserved to be playing. I am pleased PoMo can't use him anymore.

Reactions: AKAChip

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Glad he's out of the West.

I think he's worked really hard to play disciplined but still hard. Needs to keep it that way or his reputation will catch up with him.

Still not sure if he'll be a capital-P Player long term, or merely a bit piece, but he was good enough the last little while.

Reactions: irunthepeg
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll miss Brendan's penchant for using nicknames in interviews.

Hendy, Wheels, Scheifs, Copper, Rosie, Helly, Apples, Frenchie...

If it wasn't for Lemieux I wouldn't know the difference between Jo-Mo & Mo-Jo.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
He was a tough, hard-nosed player whose value was probably as high as it's ever going to be.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
So what’s the deal with this kid? Asking for a friend.
People who like grit and toughness love him. People who like positive shot metrics, possession and sustainable offense hate him. He may at one point be a solid fourth line player but at this point in his career, he isn't even that. Doesn't use his teammates and takes bad penalties.

Skates fast, though.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
People who like grit and toughness love him. People who like positive shot metrics, possession and sustainable offense hate him. He may at one point be a solid fourth line player but at this point in his career, he isn't even that. Doesn't use his teammates and takes bad penalties.

Skates fast, though.
One thing our rebuild has needed is a real POS.

Reactions: Neuf and AKAChip

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Exceededing my expectations for a few weeks.....not sad PMo lost his boy toy though.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I love how people are so quick to close the book on a player they don't like (Lemieux) yet will pain endlessly about a player they do (Petan). Lemieux's career was tracking just like his dad's did, and he did alright.

I'm glad to have Hayes, but sad to see Lemieux go. Too bad they wouldn't have taken little Nic instead.

I think Lemieux is going to be one of those 3rd line guys who provides decent offensive output for a bottom 6 guy, PK'ing and a lot of physical wherewithal.

Good luck Brendan!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad