Prospect Info: Brendan Guhle (2015, 51st) – '18-19: Rochester #45 (AHL)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Guhle's growth as player this year has been awesome to follow. It, among other reasons, is why I'm happy Murray is gone. I feel quite confident he (Murray) would have given him a spot on the NHL roster this year.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Guhle's growth as player this year has been awesome to follow. It, among other reasons, is why I'm happy Murray is gone. I feel quite confident he (Murray) would have given him a spot on the NHL roster this year.

Murray, who btw drafted the player, sent him back. Twice. when fans didn’t want him too and would have been under the gun to make the playoffs this year and been forced to stock the sabres with win now players.

Nothing in evidence supports your thought.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Murray, who btw drafted the player, sent him back. Twice. when fans didn’t want him too and would have been under the gun to make the playoffs this year and been forced to stock the sabres with win now players.

Pretty sure I heard somewhere that Murray planned on giving Guhle a roster spot this year

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Murray said a few times down the stretch that he viewed Guhle as part of the answer for this year on defense. So yes its something he was looking at.

RhinosLastFan

Nov 7, 2017
Hard to say since most of them have never seen the NHL. But it is something similar to what the Leafs did.

As is Pommers is playing 1st line.

3rd line doesn't need to be physical if ur running 3 scoring lines and it's not any less physical than it is this year.

One must assume Dahlin or Boqvist will be a massive upgrade. Mittelstadt has been really good this season, hopefully it translates to the NHL, same with Olofsson.

I don't see any downgrades in that lineup but a lot of question marks.

I think Pommer would just get overly tired playing that many minutes. In MN he was relegated to 3rd line and produced 45+ pts if I remember correctly. No issue with him on the squad next year.

Completely fair to say that this could potentially be a good lineup, I just don't see it being probable given the inexperience in the top6 and goaltending. Mittelstadt will be something special though it seems, you're right and either of those defenders would be huge upgrades for us. I'm praying for Dahlin. Like the Leafs, we need another game changing player to take the next step. Matthews will probably be better than Dahlin, but Dahlin could be our best defender quickly if not immediately, he's that good and can elevate his play/acclimate quickly to higher levels.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Murray said a few times down the stretch that he viewed Guhle as part of the answer for this year on defense. So yes its something he was looking at.

The difference is Botterill tanked the season first :oops:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
A slick skater with dynamic offensive instincts...what's not to like? Kid has top-4 potential.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is he the second or third Amerk to get recalled and then wind up out with an LBI upon being returned? Is there something to look at in how they are approaching pre-game stretching?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Is he the second or third Amerk to get recalled and then wind up out with an LBI upon being returned? Is there something to look at in how they are approaching pre-game stretching?

It all depends on what the LBIs are.

Is it a muscle pull or is it say a foot bruise from blocking a shot?

Without more info on the nature of the LBI, it is impossible to have a meaningful conversation on the topic.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So he's healthy again.

I hope he gets called back up soon because he looked like one of our best defenceman in his single game

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
So he's healthy again.

I hope he gets called back up soon because he looked like one of our best defenceman in his single game
I hope they keep him where he is, Nelson is doing just fine and Guhle could use the minutes as the #1 guy on the way to trying to right the ship in Rochester.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
It's only been 15 games buuuuuuuuuut
1st in CF%
1st in GF%
3rd in xGF%
1st in iCF and ixGF

It's not like he has a very high bar to clear on this blueline but I'm not sure if we could ask for more from him, statistically.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The best part of the above post, is that he still looks very unrefined.

Meaning he's going to get even better.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
It's only been 15 games buuuuuuuuuut
1st in CF%
1st in GF%
3rd in xGF%
1st in iCF and ixGF

It's not like he has a very high bar to clear on this blueline but I'm not sure if we could ask for more from him, statistically.

Not bad for a 20 year old drafted in the 2nd round. I think hes much better than his 2 points in 15 games as well.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Not bad for a 20 year old drafted in the 2nd round. I think hes much better than his 2 points in 15 games as well.

He’s still very active in the O Zone. One of the reasons I am not as down on Housley as others is I know that we ultimately want to play a similar game to Nashville.

As he gets some more experience I think Guhle will be a good offensive threat. I don’t think he becomes an elite offensive producer but a 40pt two way defenseman would be fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad